Yup. That's what I figured.
I don't have access to any data regarding TA tickets.
Sorry.
Can I call in? We want to upgrade our tickets when we get there but if they can't be upgraded I want to know asap so i can cancel or change them

Thanks for your help

Can I call in?
I would not trust any info you got if you called "Disney."
We want to upgrade our tickets when we get there but if they can't be upgraded I want to know asap so i can cancel or change them
If your INTENT is to get APs, you could cancel the "special TA" tickets and buy regular tickets
(maybe from a ticket discounter) and then you'd KNOW the costs and rules involved.

I would not trust any info you got if you called "Disney."

If your INTENT is to get APs, you could cancel the "special TA" tickets and buy regular tickets
(maybe from a ticket discounter) and then you'd KNOW the costs and rules involved.
That is what I am leaning towards now.... just wanted to know if anyone had ever tried to upgrade these type tickets.
Thanks

You really need to put your "air miles" tickets into your MyDisneyExperience account before your trip.
That way you can book FP+ in advance.
-AND- with your tickets in MDX, you very likely will be able to do the AP upgrade THROUGH your MDX account and not worry about an in experienced CM doing the process.
The upgrade option should appear in your MDX either as soon as you arrive/check-in, or just after you have entered your first WDW park.

And, just to be clear, you can only upgrade to one AP using ONE ticket.
(2 tickets to 2 APs. 3 tickets to 3 APs. Etc.)

Because of your wording, it sounded like you might want to use multiple tickets to upgrade to one AP (which is not allowed.)

Oh yes, we are upgrading each person’s ticket to an annual pass. They are in MDX so I can book fast passes, but I thought I still had to take the vouchers I received from air miles to get them validated? They are Canadian tickets from air miles - would that make a difference on whether I need to validate them with ID?

To use “Canadian tickets” I believe you will need to show an ID with a Canada address - much like FL Residents have to validate tickets before first use. You should be able to do this at any ticket window or Guest Relations.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks. If trying in MDX first, I should be able to tell if paying an upcharge for the old tickets by going on Disney tickets and seeing the price difference between 7 and 10 days first.
We were told that 2 of our tickets being from undercover tourist, you can only upgrade at the parks - not on mdx or over phone. But CM on phone thought that it be like $100+ per ticket to go from 7 day ph to 10 day ph. If we have to upgrade in person, we won’t be able to obtain FP for those 3 dayside advance.

Our other 2 tickets, that were from a free dining package we split off because we had an AP, and upgraded to 7 day ph last Aug. We linked to MDX but not showing up, and CM said after 40 min can’t find them associated with us at all and suggest emailing guest services at Disney world. Do you see similar issues with having split off tickets from a free dining pack and later upgrading them? Worried that we won’t be able to use them

We were told that 2 of our tickets being from undercover tourist, you can only upgrade at the parks - not on mdx or over phone. But
1. CM on phone thought that it be like $100+ per ticket to go from 7 day ph to 10 day ph.
2. If we have to upgrade in person, we won’t be able to obtain FP for those 3 dayside advance.

Our other 2 tickets, that were from a free dining package we split off because we had an AP, and upgraded to 7 day ph last Aug.
3. We linked to MDX but not showing up, and CM said after 40 min can’t find them associated with us at all and suggest emailing guest services at Disney world. Do you see similar issues with having split off tickets from a free dining pack and later upgrading them?
4. Worried that we won’t be able to use them
1. The cost depends on WHEN you bought the UT tickets. Post #6 of the thresd on which we are now posting explains how to compute.
(Phone CM info is sketchy, at best.)
2. Yup. It’s been that way since FP+ began.
3. Welcome to GLITCH CITY. 👎
4. You’ll be able to use them.

I’m going to ask this here, but if it’s the wrong spot please let me know.

We have a package including tickets. However when I log in it no longer say I have a ticket assigned. Do we think this is a glitch? Should I call? I have FP day in under 2 weeks, but if it may fix in a day or two would rather save my self the aggravation of calling.

Last edited:
1. The cost depends on WHEN you bought the UT tickets. Post #6 of the thresd on which we are now posting explains how to compute.
(Phone CM info is sketchy, at best.)
2. Yup. It’s been that way since FP+ began.
3. Welcome to GLITCH CITY. 👎
4. You’ll be able to use them.
UT tickets my in laws bought were just before the pricing system change last Oct. We don't buy 3rd party tickets so didn't think about not being able to upgrade if we needed to. While CM last night said that we can only upgrade in person at the parks, a call to UT rep said that you might be able to upgrade on your own still on MDX by clicking on blue hyperlinks by tickets and selecting change dates. If this doesn't work, UT is able to cancel our 7 days, refunding, and we can buy new 10 day ph. They'd lose the savings on the original 7 days, but they'd be able to have the advance FPs.

Our 2x 7 days ph split from a free dining package, and upgraded from 2 day ph to 7 day ph Aug 2018... we gave CMs last night our ticket numbers and the upgrade receipt confirm # and they couldn't find these tickets associated with us. We need to keep calling someone else or risk not being able to link to MDX.

We had to go to a few different parks to upgrade our tickets, and ea. Guest Services spent over an hr with us... they had a ton of trouble. Maybe they messed something up. I remember thinking at the time, that we need to never buy a free dining package while on AP again. It will be a real bummer if we lose out on the 60 day advance FPs.

Heading down next week with one minor ticketing and one more complicated ticketing situation. Is there a favorite guest services location in terms of ticketing? We're staying at BLT so my inclination is to walk over to MK when we check in, but I feel like that location is always super crowded. My other idea would be to either drive or bus over to Beach Club and try the International Gateway guest services booth. That one never seems to have lines.

1. I’m going to ask this here, but if it’s the wrong spot please let me know.

We have a package including tickets. However when I log in it no longer say I have a ticket assigned.
2. Do we think this is a glitch?
3. Should I call? I have FP day in under 2 weeks, but if it may fix in a day or two would rather save my self the aggravation of calling.
1. This is a good place to ask.
2. A multitude of glitches constantly plague MDX.
3. You can call, if you like. Or you can wait. (I'd wait.)
Package tickets will not appear to be available for FP booking until
directly and precisely AT your "FP time."

1. This is a good place to ask.
2. A multitude of glitches constantly plague MDX.
3. You can call, if you like. Or you can wait. (I'd wait.)
Package tickets will not appear to be available for FP booking until
directly and precisely AT your "FP time."

Thank you! As always!

I know we cant see FP till booking, but my daughter and husbands tickets are linked and visible. (They are listed under tickets and have the little ticket icon shaded in)

I’m going to hold out till 2/3 days before FP day... how annoying!

Heading down next week with one minor ticketing and one more complicated ticketing situation.
1. Is there a favorite guest services location in terms of ticketing? We're staying at BLT so
2. my inclination is to walk over to MK when we check in, but
3. I feel like that location is always super crowded.
4. My other idea would be to either drive or bus over to Beach Club and try the International Gateway guest services booth.
5. That one never seems to have lines.
1. Nope. It is entirely up to YOUR "luck of timing" as to whether you might find a more competent (or less competent) CM staff at any given location.
2. That'll work.
3. "Always" is far too strong an assessment.
4. I'd not do that, myself. You stand just as good a chance at TTC. (Or any other location.)
5. Again, that is a judgement call. Timing (YOUR timing) is everything.

We're planning a trip next year and my family is all set with AP's, but my parents need tickets. I want to get them PH's and I'm fine with date specific ones. My question is is, is it too soon to buy them for our trip May 2020? I want to secure the lowest price and grab them before any increases, but it doesn't appear that I can choose the dates for our trip. I've purchased from Parksavers and UT for PH's in the past, but haven't purchased since they changed to date specific.

Our other 2 tickets, that were from a free dining package we split off because we had an AP, and upgraded to 7 day ph last Aug. We linked to MDX but not showing up, and CM said after 40 min can’t find them associated with us at all and suggest emailing guest services at Disney world. Do you see similar issues with having split off tickets from a free dining pack and later upgrading them? Worried that we won’t be able to use them
These are (most likely) now EXPIRED tickets, even though you never used them. That's why CM can't find them.
I suggest when you go to GS, bring proof you bought them with you, like emails regarding that package (with number), to make your case that you bought them, but never used them.

We're planning a trip next year and my family is all set with AP's, but my parents need tickets. I want to get them PH's and I'm fine with date specific ones. My question is is, is it too soon to buy them for our trip May 2020? I want to secure the lowest price and grab them before any increases, but it doesn't appear that I can choose the dates for our trip. I've purchased from Parksavers and UT for PH's in the past, but haven't purchased since they changed to date specific.

I don't think you can buy those yet.
I think furthest 'specific date tickets' currently being sold are tickets that expire 12/31/2019, unless you buy the flexible date tickets.

It looks like if you buy flexible date tickets now, they will be good through 12/31/20 (must be activated by 12/31/2020.)

Heading down next week with one minor ticketing and one more complicated ticketing situation. Is there a favorite guest services location in terms of ticketing? We're staying at BLT so my inclination is to walk over to MK when we check in, but I feel like that location is always super crowded. My other idea would be to either drive or bus over to Beach Club and try the International Gateway guest services booth. That one never seems to have lines.

We like the MK GS. I've not, personally had great luck at IG. You could also try DS, maybe before you go to hotel if driving.

Still one more option might be the new ticket offices that are located in the parks. People don't seem to know about these yet, if you are first able to enter the park to do these transactions.

Later in the day, the MK GS outside the park isn't usually all that bad. In my experience, it tends to get mobbed in the early AM, and maybe just at start of a special event.

I don't think you can buy those yet.
I think furthest 'specific date tickets' currently being sold are tickets that expire 12/31/2019, unless you buy the flexible date tickets.

It looks like if you buy flexible date tickets now, they will be good through 12/31/20 (must be activated by 12/31/2020.)
Thanks, that was what I was seeing too. Do you all think that the flexible date cost would be worth spending on or wait and get the date specific? We have very specific dates chosen, so I don't mind being 'locked in", just wanted to get them before any price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter