To those who are married,

EltonJohn

<font color=6600CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
how did you meet your spouse?

I'm just curious.

diane
:)

Shortly after I met my friend Pam at college she said, "I know the perfect guy for you." But it took until the next May for me to meet him. Turns out she was right- we've been together ever since 1987!

DH and I met in high school. I actually met him because I was dating one of his friends at the time. Things didn't work out with the friend and a couple of months later I asked DH to the Sadie Hawkins dance. That was in February 1994....we married in June 2000. :)

We met in college.. we were good friends before we started formally dating... ours was a bumpy road one I would not wish on anyone.. but it did make us stronger.

btw.. when I was reading one of your threads you stated that one of the things you wanted in a future relationship was a man who had no prior ''girlfriends"... that is A REMOTE possibility.

Your time will come.. and when it does you will know it!

I met mine through a mutual friend in a class we shared in college. It was a music class and my friend from high school played drums with my DH and I started talking to my DH because he was hanging out with my friend from HS. Eventually we started hanging out w/o our friend and well, the rest is history :)

I was walking on campus with a friend when DH came by riding his bike. He stopped to talk after practically running over me because he knew the friend I was walking with. We ended up talking for a few hours that night and it turned out we were in the same 8 AM Chemistry class. The next morning before our class he met me out in front of the class and asked me a question (which it turned out he already knew but I didn't know that at the time ;) ) about some of the material we were covering on a test that day. After we finished the test he asked me if I wanted to grab some breakfast before our next classes. By the end of breakfast I had a movie date for Friday. And the rest is history.... :)

and he was a junior......I went to a birthday party and some other male asked me to go to a dance with him and I said no.....and he asked why not....and I said I like this other guy.....well we were introduced and have been together ever since then....40 years ago this May.......and we have been married 36 years this coming may too.....we married young.....what can I say......

At a rehearsal for "The Pajama Game". He was 24 and I was 31. Oh, what a wicked woman I was!!!! Took him almost 10 to committ but here we are, going on 13 happy years of blissful married life. However, he never did do another show!!!

I met my DH when we were both working at the same retail store while going to school. I worked in customer service and he worked in automotive and he kept making excuses to ask me questions. He finally got the nerve to ask me out after a few weeks. It was a good thing because I was about to ask him out. We dated three years and have been married almost 20.

High school!!! :) We will be married for 11 years in Sept! We have been together for 16 years! And we still dig each other!!! ;) :D

We met in grade school. He was my 7th, 8th, and 9th grade crush! Then his family up and moved away and I never saw him again:(
That is, until the fall of 1990,(20 years later) when we ran into each other. We were both single at the time, started dating, and were married in WDW November 14, 1997. I believe he is my soulmate.

We met at a room party at a sci-fi convention at the Purple Hyatt in Lincolnwood, IL. Talked via a local computer bbs for a couple of months then he started hanging out with the group I was in. Did a lot of things in the group for a couple of months and then stated dating. Met him 14 years ago we'll be married 13 years this October.

His sister, Nikole (another DIS mod), is a good friend and introduced us. :) :) :)

We're not married yet, but we're moving in that direction. :) :) :) :) :)

We met at work. He was putting himself through college and I was in my first post-college job.

At a bar. :rolleyes:
We met once and talked a little. Then we ran into each other the next night at the same bar. We said hi in passing but that was it. The next weekend, it was back to the same bar, and guess who was there. This time we talked a little more and finally exchanged numbers.
This was 9 years ago and we will be going on 8 years of marriage in July.

I met him when I was 18. I was attending a community college about 40 mins away from home. One morning I stopped to get gas on my way to class and the attendant at the service station was such a cutie! At the time I had a boyfriend who wasnt a very nice guy. The last straw with old b/f was when oddly enough, he did something really sweet. he asked me to join him on a x-mas/ new years trip to New York to meet his fam. I told him I couldnt go as I live in FL and only had propper clothes for our tropical weather. b/f said that he wasnt going to go, and on x-mas morning I drove over half an hour to at 7 am to spend x-mas morning with him. When I got there his big hairy almost nekkid roomate informed me that he was gone until after new years. I cried all the way home, and a g/f of mine thought that I shouldnt spend new years alone just because b/f took off. She dared me to ask out the cute guy from the garage, and I did. He accepted, and we've been inseperable ever since :):bounce: :Pinkbounc

I was doing a short stretch in Rahway State Pen when I met my future father-in-law.I had worked my way up to trustee and had a cushy gig in the prison laundry,where he was the CO.He took notice early of my skills and abilities and took a liking to me.After a few months of observation he approached me with a suggestion of meeting his daughter.He knew I never got visitors and she was coming out of a bad break-up,so he brought her down one Sunday and we talked for hours,it was love at first sight!
After I was released I had to do some time in a halfway house where I got a good job at the local Shop Rite.After 1 1/2years of saving my pennies I had enough to get her a cheap ring.I asked and she said yes,the rest is history.Thanks to her kind heart and love I have never ever even thought of ripping off one of those DO NOT REMOVE mattress tags ever again!:teeth: :p

I met John when he was "going out" with my best friend Lisa. Of course we were only 14 so they didn't go very far...LOL! Anyway I thought he was the uglyest guy she had ever gone out with, and I told her that. She told me it was okay cause she was breaking up with him anyway cause he wouldn't kiss her. So she broke up with him.

About a year later one of my good friends, Michael, got his drivers license and we started riding around together or the weekends. John went to school with Michael (they both went to a different school then me) and they had become close, so John was always with me and Michael..it was always the 3 of us. I remember wanting a boyfriend and thinking well I could go out with John or Michael and then thinking "nah!"

So John moved away for about 4 months and when he came back I decided to "go out" with him, sure enough we hit it off and have never once broken up since we were 15 years old. We are now both 31, and I love him more than life...he makes me totally believe that there is just one soul mate out there for everybody and I definatly have found mine.

We met in college. He and his 5 roommates lived next door to me and my 5 roommates. In the end, 4 of those guys married 4 of us girls and we're all still good friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter