To those who are married,

We met while we were in HS band. He played the french horn, I was in the Pagentry Unit. We got married 5 months after my HS graduation (he graduated the year before). We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary in November.

almost 14 years ago, at a party at my parents' home. The party was for my parents' godson, who was getting married and DH was a groomsman in the wedding.

And I was the one with baggage....4 years older than him, divorced, with 2 young kids. DH had dated a lot in high school & college, but had never had a serious, steady relationship. His parents were NOT thrilled, but now they like me better than him. ;) ;) ;)

DH and I met in high school, but I avoided him like the plague! :rolleyes: I was dating his then best friend and he just waited patiently until Matt and I broke up. Charles called me up on January 31st, 1988 and asked me to be his girlfriend. :p 15 years later we are still together and will be celebrating 12 years of marriage this coming May! YEA!!:jester:

At church. I moved into the area and my family and I started attending the same church Dave and his parents attended. Took me a couple of months (well, six months actually) to get him to notice me but after that we dated for two years and we will have been married 20 years on our anniversary this year.

Me and my wife met while still in High School 1979 when we both worked at a Ponderosa Rest and have been married for almost the last 22 yrs.

Met in highschool...I was dating his best friend. We were friends for many years :)

I met him the first time at his senior prom, I was with someone else. Then I met him a second time 4 months later at Burger King, we both worked there, three months later we started dating. Twenty-one months later we were married and 16-1/2 years later we are still going strong.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Originally posted by EltonJohn
how did you meet your spouse?

I'm just curious.

diane
:)

Through a blind date/match making by my mother. My wife and mother both worked at the same place.

Been happily together since 1988. :)

We were in band together in High School! DH was one year ahead of me. I then moved 150 miles away, but we kept in touch. Our first date was the junior/senior prom when he was senior and I was a junior. We got married 4 years later!
OH, and BTW, we will celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in August!

A girl I worked with was dating his cousin, who was also his roommate, and she took me over to their house one Friday evening to meet him. That was March of 1986 & we were both only 20 years old. This May we will celebrate 16 years of marriage.

DH and i were originally high school sweethearts. we met and began dating at the end of my freshman year of high school back in 1988. we dated for almost 2 years, broke up, went our separate ways, lived lives away from each other for about 10 years. he found me on the internet back in 2000. we began e-mailing and chatting online (he was living in california at the time, i was here in indiana) for about a year and a half...decided to see each other again to see if the feelings were still there. they were! we saw each other again for the first time in 2001, got back together, and married sept 2002...

We met first in college. He was the cute boy who sat in the front of the class, who asked intelligent questions but knew when to shut up. ;) BUT, he always came into class with a girl. I figured that she was his gf, but later found out that she is his cousin. He said he always noticed me, too, but figured that I already had a bf. I would even tell my friends about him because he seemed so nice.

Well, my first job after college was as a collector in a bank. I left that job to move to my current job in 1988. A few months after I left the first bank, he started working as a collector for that bank. I went back to visit the department secretary one day but she wasn't there, so I left my business card. He said he saw it and knew by then he was coming to work at my bank and he remembered me from school.

I was a management trainee and he was an auditor. He would come into my office to use the online system to look up accounts and to flirt with me. He knew that I liked photography, so he asked if I'd help him buy a camera. I said I would, so he told me that he'd take me to a movie as a thank you. When I said that would be ok, he told me to decide where I wanted to go to dinner before the movie. The lightbulb went on that I was being asked out. I didn't know where to pick. Do I pick Ponderosa because he can't afford much else, or do I pick a swankier place. I left it up to him and he picked a swanky place in the poconos. I was impressed. We never made it to them movie that night because we talked so long in the restaurant.

The next day, he sent me a huge bouquet of flowers and we went out again that night. We'll be married for 9 years this April and I can't imagine myself ever being with anyone else.

My best friend and I were walking home from H.S. and my future DH rode by in his brand new white Corvette. He waved at my friend, and I said to her "who is THAT!" She told me his name, where she knew him from, etc.

A few days later, we were walking home from school again, and he drove by us. This time he stopped and asked my friend if SHE wanted a ride home!

I was so pissed because she knew I liked him!

Little did I know that he gave her a ride home, so that he could ask her about me...and for my phone number which she gave him!

The rest, as they say...is history!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter