To those who are married,

I met my husband online LOL Summer 1995 we met at person at a "Florida Room" party (AOL was a very different world back then LOL) in a bar in Tampa....I thought he was a little weird and too much of a player....met him again online a few weeks later. I'll spare you the very long story and here we are, almost 8 years later :teeth:

we were introduced by our cousins who were dating and eventually married - I was maid of honor and he was bestman
they are since divorced
and we are married 8 yrs

DH and I met on a blind date. One of my friends had tried fixing me up with 2 of her BF's (now DH) friends, and neither one worked out. She used to work with my DH and ran into him one day and set up the blind date. I was in one of "those" moods that night where I didn't really care if he liked me or not, so I was just ME, not trying to impress him or anything. We clicked and got married 18 months later. In Sept., we'll celebrate our 19th anniversary! :cool:

Dan,
I swear I never ever know when you are being serious or not!

EltonJohn do you mind if I ask how old you are? It is going to be super hard to find a guy that has never had a girlfriend. John and I met at age 14 and both of us had prior relationships...well however serious a relationship can be at 14...lets just say we had both kissed our share of other people.

I met DH the first year I was cutting hair (20 years ago in June :eek: ) I didn't cut his hair until 'his girl' left the salon. I didn't like him and I thought we had nothing in common. Out of all the guys I ever dated (which were few but long relationships) he was the one that you would never have paired me with.:rolleyes: :p But, after a rocky 2 years of courting we married and have been married for 16 years come August.:D

You sure have stirred up the thoughts with this baggage thing.;)

We met at a meeting at work. I had worked there for 8 or so years and he'd been working there for 5 or 6 years. We NEVER even saw each other once before this meeting. A few days before the meeting I had "given up" on dating and decided that whoever I met next would like me for who I am and that I would just be myself all the time. The universe listens! :) We were a perfect match and have been living "happily ever after" since.

DH and I went to the U of MN - he was in the engineering fraterntiy (Triangle) and I was in the engineering sorority (Alpha Sigma Kappa). Our groups did a lot of co-ed intramural sports. We met first on the volleyball team. Thanksgiving Day 1992 I won tickets to Bad Company off the radio and decided I needed to go out with him (which by the way was my first date ever). But he wasn't at the frat house - he'd gone home for the holiday. I knew he lived in a town near me, but not his number. I called all my sorority sisters - those in town, but no one knew. Then I remembered my friend who went to another school, mentioned in our writing back and forth that she swam with his sister on the high school swim team. I called Deb and asked if she knew the number. She found it in an old yearbook. I called, asked him out (praying that he wouldn't say no) and we went to the concert the next day. It was great. The opening act never arrived so we talked for the longest time - never imagined that I would find someone who liked the same things I do, someone who fit so well. I drove him home and he asked me out for the next night and kissed me goodbye. My lifebonded soul-mate and I have been married 7 years and 2 kids later, still pretty magical, even considering the bumps in the road that happen in every relationship

Originally posted by Beauty
EltonJohn do you mind if I ask how old you are? It is going to be super hard to find a guy that has never had a girlfriend. John and I met at age 14 and both of us had prior relationships...well however serious a relationship can be at 14...lets just say we had both kissed our share of other people.

I'm in my mid-twenties.

diane
:)

My dh worked for my dd and as a summer job I was expected to work in the family business as well. At that time the plant used to shut down for 2 weeks at the end of July, but it was decided that I was to work the 2 weeks and not go on vacation with the rest of them. My dbil also stayed behind and my dh had to work it because he had just started at the job. My dbil told my future dh that since I was by myself at home the least he could do was take me out for supper. I was 17 at the time. He was my first bf. No one else was allowed to even get close at all to me because of the Family. This time except for my dbil the Family were all gone. We got married a year later and will be married 29 yrs. this year.
tigercat

at the University of Michigan. Both of us were undergraduates, DH was in Theta Chi fraternity, I was in Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority. I swore I would never meet my spouse at a fraternity party or bar - and what happened? I met him at a fraternity party. I remember it as if it were yesterday....:bounce: We'll be married 17 years this year!

we went to college together. he was the editor in chief of the conservative newspaper on campus and i was on the board of college democrats. i didn't like him very much at first. :p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Buckalew
:eek: Oh! For a minute there I thought you meant the TV show Blind Date.:rolleyes: :jester:

Okay..I'll be more specific..
One of my best friends mom's worked with Amanda and my friend always talked to her at College...
She worked full time and went to school full time, she managed to make some time for me..:o
So in order to see her I had to go to the convenience store where she worked to be with her.....
Stayed out til 1 or 2 and then got up at 6 the next day to work...

I met him on AOL. In a chat room called the hot bed.
I was trying to get ahold of my friend Skip, and I guess DH liked what he saw.

30 years ago at a California Golden Seals game. (hockey) He was sitting with some of my friends from the team's Booster Club. We all went to the near-by "Hof-brau" for food & drinks after the games....got to talking.....we've been married over 27 years.

July 1, 1978. I was the nurse leader on the MICU and it was his first night as an intern.

I frightened him.

But it all worked out.

I met my DH at a church singles meeting (their 1st meeting by the way). We never returned to the "meetings" until after we were engaged & we attended the New Years Eve bash. The "President" of the singles club announced that one of his couples just got engaged. We wondered who he was speaking of, & then he called our names out to stand up for the crowd to see! I was moritified!

The following year we returned for another New Years Eve party & this time we were married & I was pregnant. Yet another announcement was made.......

Unfortunately, I think we were the only "couple" that made it out of that Singles Club but we are now ready to celebrate our 9th year of marriage this May!

We moved away from Los Angeles so this guy (the "president" of the singles club) can't embarrass us anymore! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter