To those who are married,

i met my honey on the internet this past August. I am also in my mid twenties and fed up about finding any decent guys left, especially in the area I lived. Well, Boston.com/personals and match.com worked. He was the first guy to contact me and he did so by trying out by boston.com name on AOL and it worked! We chatted for a few weeks by AOLIM and phone everyday for at least five hours each and finally met at a local mall restaurant! (I made him drive from boston to met me!) We hit it off and have been together ever since, we live about 40 miles apart and work about 75 miles apart but that hasn't stopped us at all.

The best thing about the internet meeting this is that I just did it because I was bored on my day off and fed up about the guys I was meeting in Cape Cod. I was looking for my soulmate but I was not expecting to find him! I think that the difference!

BTW, EltonJohn I have a friend who is in his mid to late twenties with no prior relationships. I could hook you up via internet! :)

I was working a fill-in 4 hour shift at the hospital, during a time when I wasn't working too often at the hospital because I had another full-time job. Anyhow, one of my co-workers called and I answered the phone. She asked for the home number of another co-worker, Pam (names have been changed to protect the innocent;) ), who wasn't too well-liked. I jokingly asked her what she wanted Pam's phone number for, and she said it was because she had a single guy coming to her house, and she wanted to introduce Pam to him. I said "What am I, chopped liver? You have a single guy coming to your house and you're going to introduce him to Pam, not me?" Her response was "You can come if you want...I promised him a girl, I didn't promise him who." I went, and the guy was DH, and that was 1988, and we married in 1991. I still work with Pam, and she has never forgiven me for stealing her man!!!!!! Oh well!:)

We met online back when Yahoo Personals were free :)

I had a personal ad with Yahoo just looking for pen-pals because I had just gotten internet on my computer and I didn't know anyone with email and I wanted people to chat with online. He emailed me and we clicked instantly and we emailed each other back and forth for a while. Then we graduated to ICQ (the only form of instant messaging back then) and chatted almost 24/7! We were just friends though because I was already dating a guy. But when I got dumped my friends decided to take me out and cheer me up. So they went ahead and invited this guy that they knew I always talked to online. When we met it was like we had known each other forever. People were shocked when we got engaged only two months later and we were married in just a little over a year. But we knew we were perfect for each other and we knew that it was just "meant to be" :)

My grandmother was too sick to buy her and my grandfather's groceries so I always went with my mother for her. DH worked as a bag boy and when I went to college I asked if he would care to bring me some boxes and the rest is history!!!;)

We were both appearing in a dinner theatre production of "Camelot" in PA back in 1979. He was playing Lancelot and I was playing Queen Guinevere. We were married to other people at the time, but within the next two years, we each became divorced and we married each other (with King Arthur performing the ceremony, as he was a minister).

We'll be married 22 years this year, and he's still my Sir Lancelot!!!:D

Blind date.
My friend and his girlfriend (now wife) thought we'd make a good match.
I guess they were right - we've been married 7 years.

Of course, our second date was to a Bruins playoff game. I thought she be all "Cam Neely is so cute."
Instead she was all "They're playing with it in the neutral zone when they should be dumping it in and crashing the corners!"
Right then, I knew... :p :p

DH and I worked at the same retail store and a mutual friend introduced us (went with us on our first date, in fact). That was back in 1988. We celebrated our 11th anniversary last month.

Through mutual friends. I worked with the Mother & he was friends with the Son.:D

I met my DH in a bar in New York City. He went there with a group of friends after an Alumni event, and I went there with friends from work. It was the first and last time either one of us went to that bar.

He was living in MA, I was living in NJ. He'd drive down on weekends, and we'd spend every night on the phone. Two years later, we were married and will be celebrating our 24th anniversay this May.

we met through a friend is the short version.

the long version is REALLY long... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter