• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Chef - Is anyone watching with me?

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
I'm a Bravo reality TV junkie...LOVE Top Chef!!

So, is anyone watching with me this season?

I am! I am not sure about getting rid of someone in the first quickfire but I like the competition style of the first challenge. I don't have anyone that has stood out to me yet.

Rebecca

:yay:

At first I thought that was a joke about leaving after the first quickfire, and I felt really bad for her. I'm not sure if they let the right person go, Maybe Patrick would have been a better choice at that point. I think she might have done better in the elimination challenge...he really is such a newbie.

No one stood out for me either. I think that this season is going to be harder. I thought the first challenge was hard for being first. But it was really interesting how they all approached it. Like the ones that had no idea what to do were asking for samples at the counter so they could recreate it dishes, I thought that was really smart.

I want to go to that Indian market...did you see all those spices?!? :woohoo:

Did it start?! :confused3 We have been waiting all fall, but couldn't find a start date. I'll have to see if they will be repeating the first episode, sometimes they repeat it the next night a little earlier in the evening.

We LOVE Top Chef! :thumbsup2

Off to see if I can dvr the first episode.

I thought it was hard but also interesting. I agree that she (Lauren?) might not have been the one eliminated if she had made it through the quickfire. It also seemed as though salads were not the way to go- all of them were torn apart.

Lisa= I am sure it will be on a number of times this week - if nothing else it will be on before the next episode bext Wed.
Rebecca

Yeah Lisa, you know they will be playing it over and over...

I think it's going to be a good season.

I think it is on today around 11:00, at least that is what I am taping. I'll see when I get home tonight.

Do you remember the episode name?

Yeah, I think you're right. At least that's what my guide says...

The name is "Melting Pot"

Perfect, that is what I have, thanks!

No, because my cable provider doesn't carry Bravo! :sad2:

I'll live vicariously via this thread though! :goodvibes

i missed it too! i'll have to watch for it over the weekend. i love that show.
how about chef jeff? have you been watching that one? i love that one.

No, because my cable provider doesn't carry Bravo! :sad2:

I'll live vicariously via this thread though! :goodvibes

You can get a really good review on various sites - I find them by looking at sirlinksalot.net - Top Chef links

Rebecca

Yes, I too am a reality show junkie. I just finished watching Top Design, even though I don't love this one, am watching Chef Jeff and want most of them to get the scholarship, and started Top Chef last night. No one stood out for me yet but I liked the challenge. I felt bad for the quick fire elimination though.

You just missed the first one...new last night at 10pm. You know they will repeat it 50,000,000 times...so your good.

Saw it yesterday morning.
Not sure who or if I'll have a favorite this time. They all kinda rubbed me the wrong way except Gene & Radhika.

We watched it last night. That was tough for the one gal to be kicked off in the first quick fire challenge. Wow. I don't have a favorite yet, it's too early. It looks like it'll be a good season and there are definitely quite a mixture of personalities that will clash!

My cable provider may not have Bravo, but iTunes has Top Chef and I have iTunes credits! :dance3:

I downloaded the first episode of this season and will watch it tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited! :woohoo:

BTW, I don't mind spoilers! Chat on! popcorn::

-- Susan :surfweb:

YoYo, check out www.televisionwithoutpity.com for recaps of the episodes if you can't get the show.

I watched the first episode yesterday afternoon. I was really surprised that some didn't peel the apple front the top down in a circular motion. I like how Top Chef does challenges utlizing all aspects of cooking knowledge. And how is it a chef hasn't used a paring knife in years?:confused3 I thought that was one of the key knives in a kitchen.:confused3 :confused3

And man could that one guy chop! I want to take a lesson on chopping from him. I am so slow at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter