Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

I'm really disappointed to read that there will not be a ToT race next year. I have done this race every year it was offered as the 10 miler. I was really hoping to do it for five years straight as it is the only race at Disney in which I would qualify for legacy status. At least I have the satisfaction of going out with my best time ever in the race.

I'm really disappointed to read that there will not be a ToT race next year. I have done this race every year it was offered as the 10 miler. I was really hoping to do it for five years straight as it is the only race at Disney in which I would qualify for legacy status. At least I have the satisfaction of going out with my best time ever in the race.

If it makes you feel better usually only the halfs and higher get legacy. I don't think they did an Everest legacy.

I hope it is just a year off and not a full cancelation because it holds a special place in my running heart since it was the first race I ever did back in 2012.

If it makes you feel better usually only the halfs and higher get legacy. I don't think they did an Everest legacy. I hope it is just a year off and not a full cancelation because it holds a special place in my running heart since it was the first race I ever did back in 2012.

It's possible that they might of or still could in the future for the 10 miler, don't think there were any comparable races either which way. Kindof hard to consider Everest since it's a 5K.

Hopefully its just for a year if it is in fact not being held,but either way I think we should be getting another race added to the WDW Run Disney calendar,not as a replacement for TOT but as another separate race weekend,Disneyland got Avengers and Star Wars and we're losing one race weekend,definitely not right.If TOT is gone for this year,I hope we get another new race in 2015(a half along with a 5K and kids races)and in 2016 we see TOT return.

Something I didn't notice but saw posted on the Facebook comments is 2016 Everest is missing from the calendar when it should be listed right before 2016 Tink, so that could be another WDW race going away, or they could of just forgot to list it.

Something I didn't notice but saw posted on the Facebook comments is 2016 Everest is missing from the calendar when it should be listed right before 2016 Tink, so that could be another WDW race going away, or they could of just forgot to list it.

There have been rumors for a long time Everest is going. I imagine that it may be rescheduled for later in the year or be gone in 2016. Construction is not going to be our friend across the next two years as runners.

Sad it is not returning. I spoke to someone that I knew deferred & she was offered to use her deferral to either Disneyland Half 2015, Wine & Dine 2015, or the 2016 races that were in the recent announcement.

We'll probably do wine & dine next year instead.

I'm happy it only took 2 days for my body to recover after the race. Work is a lot easier when you aren't walking stiff!

Sad it is not returning. I spoke to someone that I knew deferred & she was offered to use her deferral to either Disneyland Half 2015, Wine & Dine 2015, or the 2016 races that were in the recent announcement. We'll probably do wine & dine next year instead. I'm happy it only took 2 days for my body to recover after the race. Work is a lot easier when you aren't walking stiff!

I def think Wine and Dine 2015 will turn out to be the go to event for ToT withdraw. Looks like another fun race and at night. I def plan on running it for coast to coast.

I def think Wine and Dine 2015 will turn out to be the go to event for ToT withdraw. Looks like another fun race and at night. I def plan on running it for coast to coast.

Wine and Dine doesn't need any help making it the go to event,it's already one of the fastest to sell out so if there's no ToT to draw some people in when the Wine and Dine registration date comes the servers are going to explode with everybody trying to register at noon.They're going to have to announce another race to make up for ToT.

If the TOT run returns, it would be really difficult to out do the perfect weather. I had so much fun! Today, I feel fully recovered and getting ready for my next big race... The SF Nike run. :) The biggest issue during my recovery were my ankles, most likely from the slanted roads on the TOT course. Did anyone else have the same problem?
Yes!! The slanted roads destroyed my right knee. I've never had knee pain before and on the ramp at mile 8 it was like I had been kicked in the knee. The last 2 miles were just awful, along with the rest of the night, and the following 2 days. Things are feeling better now but I haven't attempted to run again.

Yes!! The slanted roads destroyed my right knee. I've never had knee pain before and on the ramp at mile 8 it was like I had been kicked in the knee. The last 2 miles were just awful, along with the rest of the night, and the following 2 days. Things are feeling better now but I haven't attempted to run again.

My right knee started to hurt at mile 8 also, my plan for the last 2 miles went out the window. I'm still recovering, prob because I didn't get a chance to rest it after the race because I flew out first thing in the morning.

I'm sorry to hear about your knee :( I was really worried about the slanted roads since I know that it sometimes hurts my knees at home too. Thankfully it wasn't too bad for me during the race but I did walk the downhill slant at mile 8. I had my first run since the race yesterday and it was just a 5k but it felt pretty tough :( I guess my legs might still be tired from the race combined with all the walking around the parks.

If it makes you feel better usually only the halfs and higher get legacy. I don't think they did an Everest legacy. I hope it is just a year off and not a full cancelation because it holds a special place in my running heart since it was the first race I ever did back in 2012.

FYI- Everest gave their legacy runners something for the 5th year- a stuffed yeti and mouse ears - I believe they were embroidered with something like "Perfect 5th adventure"

FYI- Everest gave their legacy runners something for the 5th year- a stuffed yeti and mouse ears - I believe they were embroidered with something like "Perfect 5th adventure"

Interesting. No one in my running group remembered getting anything for Everest so I just thought it didn't happen. Will have to ask some of our perfects for a look.

I didn't have any issue's with knee/leg pain at all. I guess it helped that I trained on the side of the roads to get used to the "crown" effect. Every 1/4 of a mile or so I would switch sides of the road. I also stayed on the sides of Osceola Parkway while jogging. It was a lot less crowded on the sides.

Faneuil, I like that you put the 10 mile avatar in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter