• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story land updates?

Nope no opening was announced. She might have gotten that confused with Pixar Pier which was announced to open June 23rd.

The fact that Pixar Pier's date of June 23rd was announced, but still no announcement for Toy Story Land, makes me feel very doubtful that a Memorial Day opening will happen... and it even makes me wonder if TSL's date will be later than June 23rd :( I hope that's not the case!

The fact that Pixar Pier's date of June 23rd was announced, but still no announcement for Toy Story Land, makes me feel very doubtful that a Memorial Day opening will happen... and it even makes me wonder if TSL's date will be later than June 23rd :( I hope that's not the case!
I don't know if it will open later than June 23rd but I think Memorial Day weekend is likely out the window.

Perhaps sources at Disney are just using an abundance of caution.

Under promise/over deliver.

For Disney, I figure the season means the second to the last day of the season. So for summer, I would figure September 19. Spring , I figure June 19, and so forth. Lol

I am torn about this. With a June trip coming up I was originally hoping it would be open but at the same time it's probably gonna make DHS a nightmare. Hopefully it will open in July and I can see it next year.

Looking at the latest overhead arial view shots. Still lots to be accomplished. The building facades aren't complete on the restaurant or the queue to toy story mania. There is still a ton of work to do with perimeter themeing so you aren't just looking at the Toy Story mania show building and Star Wars lands. The paths around the Coaster aren't done. Opening in May with an appropriate soft opening is only 2 months away. I wouldn't see it. They also can't work on the ride operational procedures until the coaster is done. Should be simple for Aliens as they can base it off Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Looking at the latest overhead arial view shots. Still lots to be accomplished. The building facades aren't complete on the restaurant or the queue to toy story mania. There is still a ton of work to do with perimeter themeing so you aren't just looking at the Toy Story mania show building and Star Wars lands. The paths around the Coaster aren't done. Opening in May with an appropriate soft opening is only 2 months away. I wouldn't see it. They also can't work on the ride operational procedures until the coaster is done. Should be simple for Aliens as they can base it off Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.
Just to put it in perspective Pandora looked pretty far off 2-3 months out as well.

And it certainly looks closer to being finished than Uni's water park looked a month before it opened. Not sure Disney wants to use that as a model though. I'm still thinking June at this point though.
Ha! I was thinking TSL looks the same as Volcano Bay on the day it actually opened!

I’m weirdly relieved about this.

We were planning to skip DHS in mid-May and go there on our 2019 trip when TSL is open. But ... if there are DVC previews when we are there, we would definitely want to do that and I’d need to figure out how to squeeze DHS into this trip. Which may be difficult.

I’m very conflicted because I would love for a DVC preview to happen during our mid-May trip yet I don’t want to have to deal with figuring out how to squeeze it in :)

I’m weirdly relieved about this.

We were planning to skip DHS in mid-May and go there on our 2019 trip when TSL is open. But ... if there are DVC previews when we are there, we would definitely want to do that and I’d need to figure out how to squeeze DHS into this trip. Which may be difficult.

I’m very conflicted because I would love for a DVC preview to happen during our mid-May trip yet I don’t want to have to deal with figuring out how to squeeze it in :)

I know last year, the DVC slot was in the morning. If they follow the same model perhaps you could have a contingency plan. If they do them while you're there, then great. If not then you don't have to change things around.

I'm so excited! I hope someone posts exactly what the announcement is. I'm at work so can't watch it live and can't wait to know what is said!

I'm so excited! I hope someone posts exactly what the announcement is. I'm at work so can't watch it live and can't wait to know what is said!

The announcement will definitely be posted in News Round Up thread and the official toy story thread in the theme parks attractions and strategy side of the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter