• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story land updates?

That is an interesting question. I wonder if DHS's hours will be expanded at all, besides the inevitable early morning Toy Story exclusive hard ticket hour.

Hopefully, the parks don't open earlier in August. I want to keep my PPO Breakfasts PPO. Now, if they kept just TSL open late every night like they did with Pandora, that would be great.

Hopefully, the parks don't open earlier in August. I want to keep my PPO Breakfasts PPO. Now, if they kept just TSL open late every night like they did with Pandora, that would be great.
They added morning EMH to every day in July for DHS. Friday’s it has night EMH.

They added morning EMH to every day in July for DHS. Friday’s it has night EMH.
That's pretty reasonable. I'd wager they may adjust it a bit after the first month when they see just how popular it is/isn't. I think the capacity of slinky dog will make or break it. Multi hour waits just don't cut it.

That's pretty reasonable. I'd wager they may adjust it a bit after the first month when they see just how popular it is/isn't. I think the capacity of slinky dog will make or break it. Multi hour waits just don't cut it.

Surprised we haven't seen any speculation on this, or if we have I missed it.

I know there is video of them testing the coaster, and I imagine people could do the math with the length of the coaster, seeing the ride vehicle, and estimate how many riders per hour.

Ok I am going to spitball here ...

So .. slinky dog dash, ride vehicle fits 18 (we know this)

The Ride is about 2mins long (from the simulation video posted by wdw)

Assuming they run 3 vehicles - because that's my assumption

Basically cycling 3 vehicles every 2:30 seconds (thats allowing 30 second for unload load ... maybe thats not enough, will run with 3 mins as well)

54 riders every 2:30 would mean a capacity of 1 296/ hour

54 riders every 3:00 would mean a capacity of 1080 / hour

I think that's how this would work out.

Rock n Roller Coaster has a capacity of 1800 / hour as a reference.

If they have 4 vehicles in operation those numbers jump up to 1728 and 1440 respectively.

Feel free to speculate what type of crowd / line this will create.

I think some of it is how often someone want to repeat a ride.

FOP is a mystery, behind closed doors so to speak. Where slinky dog, you can pretty well see what you are getting on. FOP is believed to be innovative etc, slinky dog is pretty main stream aside from its launch type. You'll have the aliens ride to somewhat take some crowds. I think it will pair more evenly with aliens in comparison to the duo of FOP and NRJ. The wild card is star wars....once that opens, it will be far less stress on toy story land.....where Avatar doesn't have that other in park major attraction.

I think once star wars opens, slinky dog will see Big thunder mountain levels of line. Complete guess with very little science behind it. It will be popular, but it's day in the spotlight will be limited, where Avatar will be the star in that park for a long time to come.

Doesn't make as much sense to be open late a la Pandora. TSL is meant to be a family land (geared towards the younger crowd), it's easier for those families to make it to EMHs in the morning rather than those late ones they had for Pandora.

EMH ever morning in July? Nice. That is a nice perk for resort guests, considering that these new rides will be somehow restrictively tiered in a park with only a handful of attractions still.

I think it will be interesting to see crowd levels at DHS while Toy Story Land is open, but before SWGE. I found EMH in March 2017 (with GMR still open) pretty crowded. There wasn't much room for crowds to go, and with few rides, they fill up fast even that first hour (I waited 20-30 minutes for TSMM). A lot of the crowd is waiting I the Jedi Training line.

Now with Toy Story Land, the park is given a lot of breathing room in simply space for the crowds to walk and two new attractions. But, a lot of people will be coming there (I saw Toy Story Land commercial while watching the Olympics). Without GMR, the park has only 6 total "ride" attractions (aka - attractions that have long queues and you would consider using a FP for) and thus the queues will fill up pretty fast in that first hour.

Ok I am going to spitball here ...

So .. slinky dog dash, ride vehicle fits 18 (we know this)

The Ride is about 2mins long (from the simulation video posted by wdw)

Assuming they run 3 vehicles - because that's my assumption

Basically cycling 3 vehicles every 2:30 seconds (thats allowing 30 second for unload load ... maybe thats not enough, will run with 3 mins as well)

54 riders every 2:30 would mean a capacity of 1 296/ hour

54 riders every 3:00 would mean a capacity of 1080 / hour

I think that's how this would work out.

Rock n Roller Coaster has a capacity of 1800 / hour as a reference.

If they have 4 vehicles in operation those numbers jump up to 1728 and 1440 respectively.

Feel free to speculate what type of crowd / line this will create.
The only thing with those numbers is I’m not sure how many vehicles can run on a launcher coaster at the same time. I’m remembering back to roller coaster tycoon and you were only allowed one train for launched coasters

Of course that was ten-ish years ago but it’ll be interesting to see. I’m hoping it runs more than one, because why else would the shed have three transfer tracks?

EMH ever morning in July? Nice. That is a nice perk for resort guests, considering that these new rides will be somehow restrictively tiered in a park with only a handful of attractions still.

I think it will be interesting to see crowd levels at DHS while Toy Story Land is open, but before SWGE. I found EMH in March 2017 (with GMR still open) pretty crowded. There wasn't much room for crowds to go, and with few rides, they fill up fast even that first hour (I waited 20-30 minutes for TSMM). A lot of the crowd is waiting I the Jedi Training line.

Now with Toy Story Land, the park is given a lot of breathing room in simply space for the crowds to walk and two new attractions. But, a lot of people will be coming there (I saw Toy Story Land commercial while watching the Olympics). Without GMR, the park has only 6 total "ride" attractions (aka - attractions that have long queues and you would consider using a FP for) and thus the queues will fill up pretty fast in that first hour.
I don't think 6 to 8 rides is nearly enough. 8 to 10 won't be either. This will be interesting to watch.

I don't think 6 to 8 rides is nearly enough. 8 to 10 won't be either. This will be interesting to watch.
Definitely:

DHS will probably be the second most popular park (at least until the Epcot revival), with the second-most total attractions and (things to do) in a relatively small space. It not only will be crowded, it will feel crowded I am guessing.

But it will be a LOT better than it has been since its inception .. and a ton better than it has been for the past 3 years.
DHS will have more attractions than it EVER did, since most of the park (ever since it opened) was just shows and "tours".

When it gets to its "peak" DHS will have 9 "ride" attractions. "Rides" meaning something you wait in a long, winding queue for, get in a ride vehicle and probably want to get a FP for to avoid the long line. That is as many as Epcot has right now (I think) (Most of which are underwhelming an unexciting). Add in the shows and I think DHS will have more total attractions than Epcot. Way more than AK. So more things to spread the crowds into .. especially since 5 of the 9 attractions will be brand new and in high demand (and the others will still be popular).

I think you're dead on and the park is small in actual size as well. Yes, MK is smaller, but when I think about actual paved walkways HS seems to have much less, although I could certainly be wrong, and MK has so many attractions that suck up some of the people that are on those walkways...and it's still a cluster in various times/places.

DHS really wasn't designed to handle a crush load of people.

In 2015 we did the Frozen dessert party add-on thing so we stayed for the fireworks. It was just such a nightmare squeezing out of the park after the fireworks were over. The pathways and streets are just very narrow especially near the park entrance.

I can't imagine what Star Wars is going to do the park.

I think you're dead on and the park is small in actual size as well. Yes, MK is smaller, but when I think about actual paved walkways HS seems to have much less, although I could certainly be wrong, and MK has so many attractions that suck up some of the people that are on those walkways...and it's still a cluster in various times/places.
HS definitely feels like the smallest park in terms of walking space. Of course it'll increase once the new lands open, but it seems like you could get from one end of the park to another much faster than any of the other 3 parks.

The only thing with those numbers is I’m not sure how many vehicles can run on a launcher coaster at the same time. I’m remembering back to roller coaster tycoon and you were only allowed one train for launched coasters

Of course that was ten-ish years ago but it’ll be interesting to see. I’m hoping it runs more than one, because why else would the shed have three transfer tracks?

RnR runs 3 or 4 i believe ... Wiki says 4 in operation is max on RnR ...

Just been looking as recent Ariel pics online and with 4months to go, they've got quite a bit still to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter