Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Hello. How are you all doing?
I was wondering if someone has had the opportunity to booked the 3 extra FastPasses when staying at club level. I read that now you can book 6 in one day for an extra charge. I was wondering if someone has already done it and what kind of attractions are included. For example, if you go to hollywood studios can you book fast passes on the same tier? For example: 3 of the new toy story attractions (tier 1) and 3 of the other ones (tier 2)?

Hello. How are you all doing?
I was wondering if someone has had the opportunity to booked the 3 extra FastPasses when staying at club level. I read that now you can book 6 in one day for an extra charge. I was wondering if someone has already done it and what kind of attractions are included. For example, if you go to hollywood studios can you book fast passes on the same tier? For example: 3 of the new toy story attractions (tier 1) and 3 of the other ones (tier 2)?

Hi there. FYI, I moved your post to this thread which has a lot of discussion on the CL Trial Paid Extra FP program, including discussion of plans, strategies, results, etc.

An overall explanation of the trial can be found here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ng-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/#post-56320893

Hope that helps!

I was originally so excited about this program but the more I think about it, I wonder if it’s “rules” make it worth it.

I, of course, wanted the ability to have 6 FP in place but with the having to book them in one hour increments and not being able to duplicate, I don’t know. My kids are used to DL, a place where you can spontaneously pull FPs and re-ride certain rides over and over again with FPs (Big Thunder is easy to do this with). I don’t know how this will work with having 6 rides scheduled over 6 hours.

I guess there is still the perk of being able to bypass tiers, so having FP for the two Pandora rides and all toy story rides, etc. but for an extra $600? I’m just having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

I’m looking forward to see more itineraries and how it all worked out for folks before I have to make my decision!
I am not clear on the one hour increment rule. Does this just apply to the 3 CL passes or is this a rule for all FPs? For instance, can I book my 3 normal FPs in overlapping intervals, say one at 9 and then one at 9:30, but cannot do this with CL FPs? Or do all FPs fall under this rule? I honestly am only interested in this feature because of toy story land, but if you have to do all 3 rides over 3 hours it would be a pain to have to go into TSL, then out for a bit, and then back to do the other two rides.

I am not clear on the one hour increment rule. Does this just apply to the 3 CL passes or is this a rule for all FPs? For instance, can I book my 3 normal FPs in overlapping intervals, say one at 9 and then one at 9:30, but cannot do this with CL FPs? Or do all FPs fall under this rule? I honestly am only interested in this feature because of toy story land, but if you have to do all 3 rides over 3 hours it would be a pain to have to go into TSL, then out for a bit, and then back to do the other two rides.

You can’t overlap times at all between any FPs, regardless of if they are the paid “Extra FPs” or “Regular FPs.”

What do you guys think of using the CL FPs on a late start day at MK? We are going during xmas party season and can only see HEA twice - once on a Wednesday and once on a Saturday. Wednesday was planned to be our resort day/Epcot evening b/c we arrive very late the night before. But Saturday is the Saturday of Veteran's Day Weekend/End of Jersey Week and we experienced this last year and it was CRAZY. We also plan to be in HS most of the day Saturday.

So we are leaning towards MK Wednesday and starting the day around 3. Would that be crazy to pack in 6 FPs from 3 - 9. What is the time rule about checking into the reserved area? We will have a second MK day, but didn't plan on using the CL FPs that day.

What do you guys think of using the CL FPs on a late start day at MK? We are going during xmas party season and can only see HEA twice - once on a Wednesday and once on a Saturday. Wednesday was planned to be our resort day/Epcot evening b/c we arrive very late the night before. But Saturday is the Saturday of Veteran's Day Weekend/End of Jersey Week and we experienced this last year and it was CRAZY. We also plan to be in HS most of the day Saturday.

So we are leaning towards MK Wednesday and starting the day around 3. Would that be crazy to pack in 6 FPs from 3 - 9. What is the time rule about checking into the reserved area? We will have a second MK day, but didn't plan on using the CL FPs that day.

I’m a fan of MK time morning, afternoon, or night, so seems legit to me! Plus 6 FPs during a really crowded time gives you plenty to do, with time in between for shows, other attractions, etc.

I have not personally experienced the CL reserved viewing but have done other things in the past that offered reserved viewing areas and the setup is usually that you can pop right in right before the event... no time period to check-in or anything. Granted, getting to the reserved area could be challenging on either of those nights (supply/demand madness for HEA in between party dates), but you should be able to just walk right up.

Has anyone emailed their FP choices prior to the 90 day mark? Or should I wait for the phone call? Also, we have our lastnight at AKKV, non CL, is my 90 days from that check out, or the day before for our stay at CR CL? I believe my 90 day mark is the 19th or 20th of this month, getting excited. :)

Has anyone emailed their FP choices prior to the 90 day mark? Or should I wait for the phone call?
I didn’t wait for a phone call, lol. I called them! It was a few more than the 90 days when I finalized our FP plans and felt ready to book.

I believe DSS would need to have a credit card on file for you in order to help plan via email. If you’ve already called them with that information, I’d try using email. I don’t remember reading any reports here from anyone who’s done it that way so I’m curious curious how/if it works!

So I just got back from my trip and wanted to report back on my experience. However, I don't believe my experience will match up with the others who have reported back so far...

First off, we stayed at the Swan in a Deluxe alcove room which made us eligible for the paid fast passes.

When I called DSS in February at the 90 day mark from check out, I was able to book all 6 of my fast passes. The woman on the phone was very nice and very accommodating. The only rule was that I couldn't book two of the same ride. She did tell me that I would be able to modify the 3 regular ones whenever I wanted but I would have to call to modify the 3 paid ones.

When I got off the phone, I immediately checked the my disney experience app. All 6 fast passes were there but...I couldn't modify ANY of them. At first this upset me as I was counting on being able to adjust some things. But it then dawned on me that she must have booked all 6 as if all 6 were "paid."

Fast forward to the 60 day mark of check in, and I was indeed able to book 3 regular fastpasses as usual. This now meant on all three days I bought passes for, I now had 9 fast passes on each day. In fact, one day I had 10 fast passes because the woman on the phone wound up giving me 2 fast passes by accident for Soarin.

So we went on the trip this past Saturday to Tuesday and of course it was amazing. I never called DSS to have them change or modify anything which kinda sucked at times but I wasn't about to risk the mistake being discovered. We watched Happily Ever After on 2 of then nights and Illuminations on the other night. Both viewing areas were great with only a few other people participating in the paid fastpass trial. In fact at illuminations there was only one other family watching with us.

As far as the fear of duplicating rides messing things up...that is a non issue. There were many times we had multiple fastpasses for the same ride and there was no issue. Even the day where she gave us an accidental extra fastpass for Soarin, we had fast passes for it from 6:45pm-7:40pm and 7:00pm-8:00pm. We went on Soarin' two times in a row and the fastpass system had no issues recognizing we had two separate fast passes.

Keep in mind, our experience was not the norm (having 9-10 booked fastpasses per day plus nighttime reserved viewing for the shows). But I would GLADLY do this again even for the 6 fast passes a day plus the reserved viewing for the shows.

Hopefully I won't be too hated on this board for what happened but I wanted to be honest about our experience. Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Has anyone emailed their FP choices prior to the 90 day mark?

I called and asked if I could email a spreadsheet of my selection and was told yes. I ended up emailing two days before my FP$+ window opened up. I received a response asking to call with my payment information (I used Gift Cards to get a 5% discount). It was that easy.

I called and asked if I could email a spreadsheet of my selection and was told yes. I ended up emailing two days before my FP$+ window opened up. I received a response asking to call with my payment information (I used Gift Cards to get a 5% discount). It was that easy.

Thanks for the help! I will get my plans finalized to email them. :) And I'm off to Target tomorrow to grab a few more gift cards, thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

Wondering about the nighttime show reservation, does anyone know if it is possible to choose the 2nd Fantasmic on a night when they have 2 showings? xx my fingers as that 2nd show will work out much better on our HS day!

Today was my CL FP booking day! It felt so different not to wake up bright and early, prepare multiple devices (just in case a device didn’t work), and race to book hard-to-get attractions right when the window opened on FP day.

I had a really busy day at work so I was worried about finding time for a long conversation with DSS. We are staying 10 nights so I had a lot to book. When I called, I mentioned that only had a couple minutes but that I had a spreadsheet with my plans. She told me I could email my spreadsheet to her and asked if she could take my credit card info as well. I did those things and then she scheduled a time she could call back. I had another 10 minute break about an hour later and she called me back with everything booked! She asked me to look through the plans and confirm she had done things right.

She directed my attention to one of my days that she wasn’t able to get the exact times for the rides I wanted at HS. She was great as we problem solved. She explained that the CL FP’s and the FP+ come from different pools of passes/times. We were able to get what I wanted by changing some passes I had designated in my spreadsheet as FP+ to CL FP or vice versa (For example - there wasn’t a 9:15 am for SDD from the CL FP pool, but there was from the FP+ pool). And, in one instance, there was a small overlap in FP windows to get what I wanted and she was able to override the overlap to make it happen because it was just a few minutes (So I have one fastpass at 9:15 am for SDD and one at 10:00 am for the Frozen Sing Along). I was so thankful for her effort in helping me. I wasn’t expecting her to override and allow the overlap.

Going in, I didn’t know if I was at a disadvantage of getting what I wanted due to my long 10 day stay and booking being measured 90 days from the check out date. But, I got everything I wanted and was so happy.

At the end of the conversation she told me that at 60 days I could go in and modify my FP+ attractions, and never mentioned I couldn’t “double up” on any attraction. (I know this messsage has varied from DSS, I’m just reporting my experience.)

And, now, I have that beaming smile and satisfying feeling you get when you have all your fast passes booked. :)

Today was my CL FP booking day! It felt so different not to wake up bright and early, prepare multiple devices (just in case a device didn’t work), and race to book hard-to-get attractions right when the window opened on FP day.

I had a really busy day at work so I was worried about finding time for a long conversation with DSS. We are staying 10 nights so I had a lot to book. When I called, I mentioned that only had a couple minutes but that I had a spreadsheet with my plans. She told me I could email my spreadsheet to her and asked if she could take my credit card info as well. I did those things and then she scheduled a time she could call back. I had another 10 minute break about an hour later and she called me back with everything booked! She asked me to look through the plans and confirm she had done things right.

She directed my attention to one of my days that she wasn’t able to get the exact times for the rides I wanted at HS. She was great as we problem solved. She explained that the CL FP’s and the FP+ come from different pools of passes/times. We were able to get what I wanted by changing some passes I had designated in my spreadsheet as FP+ to CL FP or vice versa (For example - there wasn’t a 9:15 am for SDD from the CL FP pool, but there was from the FP+ pool). And, in one instance, there was a small overlap in FP windows to get what I wanted and she was able to override the overlap to make it happen because it was just a few minutes (So I have one fastpass at 9:15 am for SDD and one at 10:00 am for the Frozen Sing Along). I was so thankful for her effort in helping me. I wasn’t expecting her to override and allow the overlap.

Going in, I didn’t know if I was at a disadvantage of getting what I wanted due to my long 10 day stay and booking being measured 90 days from the check out date. But, I got everything I wanted and was so happy.

At the end of the conversation she told me that at 60 days I could go in and modify my FP+ attractions, and never mentioned I couldn’t “double up” on any attraction. (I know this messsage has varied from DSS, I’m just reporting my experience.)

And, now, I have that beaming smile and satisfying feeling you get when you have all your fast passes booked. :)

:thanks: For checking in with your experience. Hope you have a wonderful trip! You only have 90 days to change your plans. :-)

Have fun!

Hi guys! Sorry for the stupid question but how can I buy those extra FP? I’m booking my 2019 vacation this weekend and have this doubt! First I have to book the CL stay and then call DSS to get the extra FP or I book everything at the same time? Thanks!

Hi guys! Sorry for the stupid question but how can I buy those extra FP? I’m booking my 2019 vacation this weekend and have this doubt! First I have to book the CL stay and then call DSS to get the extra FP or I book everything at the same time? Thanks!
Make your room reservations now and then wait until 3 months before your vacation to check if the Club Level FP Program has continued. This is only a Trial Program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter