Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach with 2 year old

hamm1207

Alaskan DIS Veteran
We have a very adventurous two year old who loves water--including water slides (she keeps asking to go on the big slide at Ft Wilderness). We have visited Typhoon Lagoon in the past, and she enjoyed the kids' play area and even the little raft slide that they have. It looks like BB may have more options for her? Any recommendations on which water park to take her too? She's about 34in tall, so she can technically ride some of the other slides. What has your experience been? Thanks!

We just did blizzard beach last week with our just-turned 4 year old! It was awesome. He is fearless and could ride everything in the park except 3 slides that had height requirements. We brought his puddle jumper life vest and he wore that all day. It helped him and us feel more confident on the bigger slides and lazy river.

They had an excellent toddler area that our son was too big for, but probably would have loved at age 2. We spent the first two hours doing the big slides, then we broke for lunch, and spent the afternoon in the kids’ area and lazy river. We spent 4 1/2 hours there and could have spent more. It was a great day!

We've done both water parks dozens of times each, we love them. You'll find a ton of discussion on the board about them, but the cliff notes version is that they're both really good for kids. BB has a nicely organized kids area called Ski Patrol, as well as Tykes Peak, but as you've experienced TL has a great kids area too...a few of them in fact. If you've already done TL, I'd suggest trying BB so that you can say you've been to both.

For a 1- young 2 year old, I'd give the slight advantage to TL because of the set up. At BB, it was difficult to wait at the bottom of a slide and see your kid walking to the top to go down, plus there was a small play area that my toddler would get distracted at up there and you can't really see him from where the slides come out. For an older 2yo who can understand and listen fairly well, BB would probably be great. The slides in the kiddie area are a bit more advanced than at TL, but still great for toddlers. When we went with my DS who was days shy of 2, we spent more time in the kiddie area at TL than at BB, but it was mostly because he wasn't speaking much yet and the setup at Tike's Peak was just a little more exhausting with having to take him up and down the stairs every 3 seconds to go down the slides. He also wasnt really ready for the slides at Ski Patrol as they don't let parents wait at the bottom. At TL, he could kind of roam free a bit more. Now that he's more verbal and can understand more, I imagine BB would be more his style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter