*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** SCHEDULE UPDATE WITH OFFICIAL EVENTS!!! ****

This post is to let you know I have updated the first page post with the official events that have been announced so far. I have also updated the spreadsheet attached there and pasted in an image of the spreadsheet below to give people an idea

For the most part, the Official Events do not conflict with too many of our *Un*Official events, but there are some. Let me know if we should look to move any of the *Un*Official ones - for example, the Dole Whip event with Steve and Makayla overlaps with the planned Bar Crawl event - theoretically we could move the crawl earlier or later if a lot of people want to do both .... though obviously no way to set it up so everyone can do everything

View attachment 410163

Let me know of any questions

Thanks,
Phil

****/END SCHEDULE UPDATE WITH OFFICIAL EVENTS!!! ****
o_O I can't read the sheet......it doesn't expand.

Doug :goofy:

For Wed Aug 7: I'm still planning on doing YeeHaw Bob @ 8pm POR. At the moment, the only thing that would definitely pull me into the parks is Star Wars preview.

For Thus Aug 8: Meeting up at the Poly would be easier for me. Considering the DoleWhip party, we could meet up at Trader Sams @ 4pm for pre-party. It's all ages at that time, so no worries on bringing the kiddos. Of course, I don't want to sway folks that are keen on the SkyCrawl! I'm leaving by 6pm for DAK, regardless of where we end up socializing. So y'all do what's best!

For Sat. Aug. 10: Looks like there's no major competing event for Pandora Pre-Party, so let's say that "Get Your Glow" party is a go. I'll start working in earnest, and co-hosts are more than welcome! Just send me a PM! :cutie:

That was one option I thought of - do the "bar crawl" as a monorail crawl and structure it so it fits around the Dole Whip event. Maybe start at Contemporary, then go to Poly, and then after the Dole Whip event go to Grand Floridian or something

o_O I can't read the sheet......it doesn't expand.

I tried to attach a higher resolution file as both full size and thumbnail so hopefully that works (attaching here too - let me know if this helps)

The actual excel file is also attached to the first page posts

Attachments

• Dreams 20th Schedule Image - as of June 19th.jpg
    Dreams 20th Schedule Image - as of June 19th.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 15
For Thus Aug 8: Meeting up at the Poly would be easier for me. Considering the DoleWhip party, we could meet up at Trader Sams @ 4pm for pre-party. It's all ages at that time, so no worries on bringing the kiddos. Of course, I don't want to sway folks that are keen on the SkyCrawl! I'm leaving by 6pm for DAK, regardless of where we end up socializing. So y'all do what's best!
I love the idea of Trader Sams. I've never been and would like to go. I will probably do one of the events at the contemporary until 3 so I could just hop on the monorail and go over.

I love the idea of Trader Sams. I've never been and would like to go. I will probably do one of the events at the contemporary until 3 so I could just hop on the monorail and go over.

Good point - maybe we could start the crawl at the Outer Rim at the Contemporary for right after those events end (so like 3) and then head to Trader Sam's at 4 and then the Dole whip event at 5

Just an FYI - John just posted on the Official thread a bit more about the official events and booking them:

"All events will have limited number of spaces and they will fill first-come, first-serve.

Patreon members will get first shot.

There is no plan to hold back space at any of these events for non-Patreon members. "

so if you are interested in any of the event and have ever considered becoming a Patreon supporter of the DIS, now would be a good time to sign-up!

With everything else I am doing during this trip (the Unofficial things and meeting up with local friends), I don't see me making any of the Official events (other than the party and the podcast recording).

I am hoping to go over to Trader Sam's after Illuminations on Thursday since I have never been there, but I am not sure how I will be holding up after late travel the night before and a full day. I think I am looking at another day to go to Trader Sam's, but I don't have my planner with me right now to look to see.

With everything else I am doing during this trip (the Unofficial things and meeting up with local friends), I don't see me making any of the Official events (other than the party and the podcast recording).

I am hoping to go over to Trader Sam's after Illuminations on Thursday since I have never been there, but I am not sure how I will be holding up after late travel the night before and a full day. I think I am looking at another day to go to Trader Sam's, but I don't have my planner with me right now to look to see.

I suspect we will make a few trips to Trader Sam's - thinking perhaps as part of the Bar crawl on Thursday and also might go there as a pre-party on Friday before Hoop Dee Doo ... so no matter when you get there I wouldn't be surprised if you see some DISers there

Just an FYI - John just posted on the Official thread a bit more about the official events and booking them:

"All events will have limited number of spaces and they will fill first-come, first-serve.

Patreon members will get first shot.

There is no plan to hold back space at any of these events for non-Patreon members. "

so if you are interested in any of the event and have ever considered becoming a Patreon supporter of the DIS, now would be a good time to sign-up!
Not the response I was hoping for ☹. Since I really just want the Baseline Tap House event........and the LIVE show are we sure that isn't first come first serve - Patreon early? I'll take my chances and try for it. We have enough events thru this group created that we should be covered. I do like the idea of a Trader Sam's get together so include me and my wife on that. 8-).

Not the response I was hoping for ☹. Since I really just want the Baseline Tap House event........and the LIVE show are we sure that isn't first come first serve - Patreon early? I'll take my chances and try for it. We have enough events thru this group created that we should be covered. I do like the idea of a Trader Sam's get together so include me and my wife on that. 8-).

The podcast is at the convention center so I would imagine it's big enough to hold lots of people.

The podcast is at the convention center so I would imagine it's big enough to hold lots of people.

Right, that's why I asked the question in the official thread about what registration actually gets us registered to do. My understanding is that no further sign-up or fee (or other step) is needed to get your credentials, view/bid on silent auction items and to attend the podcast. All other activities require additional sign-up + donation/fee. If I've missed something, I welcome correction! I don't want to inadvertently give incorrect info! :hyper2:

Right, that's why I asked the question in the official thread about what registration actually gets us registered to do. My understanding is that no further sign-up or fee (or other step) is needed to get your credentials, view/bid on silent auction items and to attend the podcast. All other activities require additional sign-up + donation/fee. If I've missed something, I welcome correction! I don't want to inadvertently give incorrect info! :hyper2:

That is how I understand it as well - if you are registered for the event you should/will get in to the Podcast taping and no extra cost for that (on top of initial registration)

It is just the newly announced events that a) have an extra cost and b) have caps/space limitations

That is how I understand it as well - if you are registered for the event you should/will get in to the Podcast taping and no extra cost for that (on top of initial registration)

It is just the newly announced events that a) have an extra cost and b) have caps/space limitations
So some meets are in public places like the taphouse which I’m guessing may be one of the most popular. How do they cap that? I mean anyone that happens to go to HS that night could wander in there even if they weren’t able to register. This is my first meet so just curious how it works.

So some meets are in public places like the taphouse which I’m guessing may be one of the most popular. How do they cap that? I mean anyone that happens to go to HS that night could wander in there even if they weren’t able to register. This is my first meet so just curious how it works.

disney does close places for private events, so perhaps that's how it will be done...

**** SCHEDULE UPDATE WITH OFFICIAL EVENTS!!! ****

This post is to let you know I have updated the first page post with the official events that have been announced so far. I have also updated the spreadsheet attached there and pasted in an image of the spreadsheet below to give people an idea

For the most part, the Official Events do not conflict with too many of our *Un*Official events, but there are some. Let me know if we should look to move any of the *Un*Official ones - for example, the Dole Whip event with Steve and Makayla overlaps with the planned Bar Crawl event - theoretically we could move the crawl earlier or later if a lot of people want to do both .... though obviously no way to set it up so everyone can do everything

View attachment 410175

Thumbnail to expand
View attachment 410175

Let me know of any questions

Thanks,
Phil

****/END SCHEDULE UPDATE WITH OFFICIAL EVENTS!!! ****

this is amazing Phil!!
thanks for taking all the time to organize everything!!!

can you add to the schedule, Tiggerette's Yeehaw Bob event on wednesday august 7th at 8 PM?

it only conflicts with Ryno's event, which i assume not everyone will be able to sign up for.

so, at least based on past events/my experience with them, some will be in closed spaces and easy to manage who can get it - but for ones like the Taphouse or the Dole Whip one at the Polynesian, there is obviously only so much they can do. So there is a bit of an honor system - but they cannot stop you from arriving at Baseline Taphouse at the same time as the event - I assume Ryno would have a list or something like that so if not on the list and you try to hang out with everyone it might be awkward, but they can't really stop you from being in the general area

this is amazing Phil!!

can you add to the schedule, Tiggerette's Yeehaw Bob event on wednesday august 7th at 8 PM?

it only conflicts with Ryno's event, which i assume not everyone will be able to sign up for.

Ok, I added the YeHaa Bob event to the first post and to the file ... I also added in the Viking Cruise Italy Reunion on Friday @ 2pm

LET ME KNOW OF ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE ADDED!!!! Thank you!!!

this is amazing Phil!!

Neither attachment is read-able when I zoom in on the iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter