Unique Baby Girls names??

My name is Kim, too! However, it's NOT Kimberly...it's just plain KIM. (I never met another Kim who wasn't KIMBERLY! My mom kept it simple... :thumbsup2 )

Another Kim here (but I'm Kimberly. My mother is Betty, though. Not short for Elizabeth. Just Betty.)

My DD's name is Elena Ludmila. (Ludmila is pronounced Lood-mee-lah. It's Russian and means "favorite." It was her birthname. I didn't pick it, but it has grown on me. Her nickname was/is Lusa, which is cute and fits her personality. Other nicknames for Ludmila include Lucy and Mila.)

My neices are Haley, Avery and Camdyn. There's a little girl named Greta in DD's class and I think that's adorable.

Well I certainly am not going to read every post but here's my suggestions

Marin
Tanith
Brynn
Brenna(someone else recommeded that too)
Carlin
Laurel(a not so common use of the Laura type names)
Hadley

Of course my all time favorite it my daughter's name :goodvibes Trafton. We got it from our family. It was my great grandmother's maiden name. We used another family last name for my nephew, but I think it would be pretty for a girl too, Payson

I am a 41-year-old MARIN (pronounced muh-RIN - like the county in California - parents lived there when I was born - northern California in the sixties - what're y'gonna do;) ). I have always loved the uniqueness of my name and up until about three years ago, I had NEVER heard of another Marin pronounced like mine. I had heard MARE- in, but nothing like mine. Suddenly, I'm hearing it all over the place. I was totally freaked recently when I heard this woman in the grocery store calling my name. I turned to see who was speaking to me and I had no idea who she was. I was a bit embarassed when I realized she was talking to her DD who was about 3. We went a different route with our own children - Kate (Katherine) and Will.

I am a 41-year-old MARIN (pronounced muh-RIN - like the county in California - parents lived there when I was born - northern California in the sixties - what're y'gonna do;) ). I have always loved the uniqueness of my name and up until about three years ago, I had NEVER heard of another Marin pronounced like mine. I had heard MARE- in, but nothing like mine. Suddenly, I'm hearing it all over the place. I was totally freaked recently when I heard this woman in the grocery store calling my name. I turned to see who was speaking to me and I had no idea who she was. I was a bit embarassed when I realized she was talking to her DD who was about 3. We went a different route with our own children - Kate (Katherine) and Will.

Not sure if this is the reason for your name cropping up more, but the first wife of William Wallace in the movie Braveheart is: Murron. It was a very popular recent movie -- I've seen it about a dozen times myself -- and might account for a lot of new baby names.

We named my first daughter Cadence. I love it- not too wierd but different enough that she is always remembered. Her dance teacher had a baby and let me know ahead of time she was stealing her name, I was totally ok with it

Hi there...baby is probably already here but if not a few more suggestions from over the pond. My elder daughter's middle name is Morven (Scottish) and my younger is Niamh which is pronounced Neev this is from a Celtic fairy tale, the name of the fairy princess was Niamh of the bright hair. Other names are Orla (also Celtic and means Golden Princess) and Freya (a Nordic name)..Some ideas to think over. Hope all goes well... Regards Kirsteen

I like unique names, but as a teacher I just can't stand names that are not phonetically correct. I think it just makes the namer look like they can't spell. I had a Neisha, which phonetically, is Nee-I-sha. She pronounced it Nigh-EE-sha. Completely wrong. You can put any letters together and SAY that it is pronounced such and such a way, but really.....

I do like
Carissa
Brynna
Aubrey
Shaina
Ainsley (AYNS-lee)
Ciara
Noelle
Cecelia
Celia
Noelle
Holly
Marni (a friend of mine though she is forever correcting people who think it's Marty)

I like unique names, but as a teacher I just can't stand names that are not phonetically correct. I think it just makes the namer look like they can't spell. I had a Neisha, which phonetically, is Nee-I-sha. She pronounced it Nigh-EE-sha. Completely wrong. You can put any letters together and SAY that it is pronounced such and such a way, [/SIZE]

I'm not a teacher but I agree with you 100%. My parents messed up my name -spelling it totally wrong. Can you believe the tormentof an 8 year old girl that could not find a license plate, pencil, or anything else with her name on it? No one could pronounce my normal spelled weird name correct and my maiden name was odd too -- at college graduation I sounded like a cherry pie go awry!

For that reason Joseph and Jillian were as weird as I was willing to go with my kids' names.

I was at my kids' school for Read Across America and had to hand out certificates ... honest to goodness I could not pronounce over 1/2 of the kids' names. More power to the teachers!

well, DD name is Nina and it suits her very well. It is not that unique, yet I still have not run into another child with the same name. We have many Mackenzie, Kylie, Emma and lord do we have Meghan's, but only one Nina!

We named our baby AVA..however, as of late seems very popular...especially with the Hollwood parents...
also she will have to learn an 11 letter last name..so I though a short first name would help! Plus I love it!
She is our Ava Grace...because it is by the grace of God she is here:)

I Love Ainsley, Ashlyn, Cadence, Marisole, Giovanna, Brea/Bree, Tatianna, Avery and Aubrey. Whatever you do, I beg you, do NOT name a girl Candi! I hated it growing up.

I like unique names, but as a teacher I just can't stand names that are not phonetically correct. I think it just makes the namer look like they can't spell. I had a Neisha, which phonetically, is Nee-I-sha. She pronounced it Nigh-EE-sha. Completely wrong. You can put any letters together and SAY that it is pronounced such and such a way, but really.....

(a friend of mine though she is forever correcting people who think it's Marty)

My daughter's name Niamh is the correct spelling,it was not designed by myself but by the ancient Celts. It is actually not that unusual in Scotland and Ireland where any other spellings ie Neave or Neeve are considered and invention of the parents....I'm not having a niggle just pointing out the facts.

My granddaughter's names are Jaiden Skye, age 6
Gabriella Marie, age almost 4
and last, but not least is Makayla Shayne, age 9 months
The Shayne is after her Uncle Shane would passed away a few years ago.
The y was added to make it look more feminine.

I also like Shaylynne, not sure if this is spelled correctly. This is the name of one of my teenage son's friends. I know that it is pronounced like I spelled it.
Shay lynne.

my sister-in-maw just found out she's pregnant and told me she wants to anme the baby Shaelynn if it's a girl.

My daughter's name is Rayne (Rain) Renee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter