Unique Baby Girls names??

My daughter's name Niamh is the correct spelling,it was not designed by myself but by the ancient Celts. It is actually not that unusual in Scotland and Ireland where any other spellings ie Neave or Neeve are considered and invention of the parents....I'm not having a niggle just pointing out the facts.

OK, in America we have NEVER heard the term "niggle". PLEASE PLEASE let us in on what that means- translates to.

OK, in America we have NEVER heard the term "niggle". PLEASE PLEASE let us in on what that means- translates to.

NIGGLE(ADJ)(N)- A Scottish word that can meen to irritate or "wind up" eg I may say to my daughters "If you don't stop niggleing one another there's going to be trouble!!!". Niggle can also be used as noun as in "Niamh you're nothing but a wee niggle!!!" Usually when the word niggle is being used when talking to children it is followed by a spell on the naughty step but when my DH uses it in reference to myself he is normally suggesting that I am hormonally challenged and he gives me chocolate. Any more Scottish words that you need translated feel free to ask....I promise I wont get niggley

Hi there...baby is probably already here but if not a few more suggestions from over the pond. My elder daughter's middle name is Morven (Scottish) and my younger is Niamh which is pronounced Neev this is from a Celtic fairy tale, the name of the fairy princess was Niamh of the bright hair. Other names are Orla (also Celtic and means Golden Princess) and Freya (a Nordic name)..Some ideas to think over. Hope all goes well... Regards Kirsteen

My DD8 first name is ElsaCraig, after the island. We went with the Elsa spelling instead of Ailsa.

My DD8 first name is ElsaCraig, after the island. We went with the Elsa spelling instead of Ailsa.
Have you been to Scotland and seen the Ailsa Craig? I should maybe rephrase that as you can come to Scotland but you'll only see the Ailsa Craig weather permitting...I should know I have spent many a "dreich" weekend/holiday in Girvan.
Dreich (Adj): meaning miserable/damp/grey/typical Scottish weather for those not fluent:umbrella:

Have you been to Scotland and seen the Ailsa Craig? I should maybe rephrase that as you can come to Scotland but you'll only see the Ailsa Craig weather permitting...I should know I have spent many a "dreich" weekend/holiday in Girvan.
Dreich (Adj): meaning miserable/damp/grey/typical Scottish weather for those not fluent:umbrella:

Never have been:sad2: Someday I would love to it. I have seen pictures. Scotland looks like a great place to travel.

Being the mother of two boys I have girl name envy. Each pregnancy I would wrestle with boy names. Trying to find unique, but not so unique they get beat up. But everywhere I looked would be beautiful girl names. Here are some of my favorite.

Alyda
Penelope
Amelia
Hazel
Gertrude
Betty, I have always loved Betty.
Molly

Enjoy the names.

Tonya mom of
Oliver Would have been Hazel
and
Max Would have been Margaret (Greta) Amelia

When i was pregnant i wanted to call my little girl something unusual, i liked
Summer, Bayleigh and Lexie, but my partner wanted something more "normal"
She's 5 months old now and called Jessica Grace and it suits for perfectly

Our little girl is named Lorien I looked on the social security list and it's not even in the top 1000 so I think it's pretty unique LOL

My daughters name are not that common and people seem to like them when I tell them thier names:

Mya (not Mia/Mea) but sounds like My a

and the other is

Mykela (not makalya like alot of people call her and she doesnt respond LoL) but is like MY KELA

our daughters are
Juliet Cayla and Jocelyn Bailey
our 3rd girl will probably be Jillian Lola or Josetta Noel.
Granted if the 3rd one is a boy it is Wyatt David!
Carol

I'm not picking on anyone, but when you pick out names, do you think about all the ways someone will mispronounce the new way you've come up with spelling a name?

We named my DD Mary Elizabeth, after my grandmother. I think Mary is an older name, one that she will have to grow into. DH was not into the name at all but knew how much it meant to me to name her after my grandmother since she had meant the world to me so he finally agreed. :goodvibes We decided that she needed a more modern spin on the name so her nickname is "M.E." (Some people mistakenly read it as "me" rather than as her intials)

We named my DD Mary Elizabeth, after my grandmother. I think Mary is an older name, one that she will have to grow into. DH was not into the name at all but knew how much it meant to me to name her after my grandmother since she had meant the world to me so he finally agreed. :goodvibes We decided that she needed a more modern spin on the name so her nickname is "M.E." (Some people mistakenly read it as "me" rather than as her intials)

I think that's a great name because my name is Mary Elizabeth! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

My DD is named Gianna which I thought was unusual but I'm hearing it more and more lately.

I have a Torianna Marie.. We call her Tori and it is pronounced Torionna.

I just love her name she is 12 and I still have never heard it from anyone else.

Just my 2cents

Just going through old posts and saw this one so thought I would add a couple. We have two girls (4 and 2) whose names are Brecca and Braylee. Similiar to Becca and Baylee but we added the R to mix it up a little bit!

My sister came up with some pretty, yet unique names for her girls:

Jae (pronounced Jay)

Like the Jae...:thumbsup2

I also like
Gi (pronounced Gee)
or
Elle (pronounced L)

Other favs are
Gia
Melina
Georgia

I also have been doing something like picking part of a name from another name....
For example,
Maria...translates to Ria

Love the Gianna!!!:thumbsup2

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I was just thinking of Uniqua from Backyardigans!

I don't really think my DD's names are unique, but my DH & I love them :love: , we have an Alexandra May mostly known as Alex princess: & Georgina Leigh otherwise known as Georgie-leigh princess:, just remember whatever you choose for your children they have to be able to spell their names when they get to school :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter