Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would imagine it will be more info on Super Nintendo World as this is the land that most is already known about - really looking forward to any updates from all the areas - the park is looking astoundingly good already.

Yes. I think they're working on a How to Train Your Dragon show and possibly something with Fantastic Beasts? Not certain of that though.
I have heard talk of a show in the Universal Monsters area as well..but until we hear it officially its all just talk

Only show unofficially confirmed is How to train your dragon, but there was talk of one in Dark Universe & Harry Potter, but the one at Harry Potter has no info. PLUS an extension to Wizarding World could be a Great Hall dining experience, but that will be after Epic opens.

So... first hint I heard was wrong! People online who got that weird display case got a new medallion and it's for HTTYD, there's a message in the package saying they'll be revealing more on the 28th.

I think the thing that makes the most sense are dated tickets that are not tied to the other 2 parks. Universal knows the max capacity for the park. They guarantee that you can buy tickets for Epic on the days that you are staying at the Epic resorts. Since they know the number of rooms and approximate number of guests per room for the resorts, they subtract that from the available total. Then they allow people to buy tickets online for the specific date that they want until they reach capacity. They shouldn't have APs or Express passes until the crowds die down. That keeps it simple. One of the reasons that Disney's reservation system really angered people is because you would buy your ticket and then find out if the park you wanted was available on the date you wanted to go. This is just a straight ticket for a specific day (like buying for a Broadway show or football game).

I think the thing that makes the most sense are dated tickets that are not tied to the other 2 parks. Universal knows the max capacity for the park. They guarantee that you can buy tickets for Epic on the days that you are staying at the Epic resorts. Since they know the number of rooms and approximate number of guests per room for the resorts, they subtract that from the available total. Then they allow people to buy tickets online for the specific date that they want until they reach capacity. They shouldn't have APs or Express passes until the crowds die down. That keeps it simple. One of the reasons that Disney's reservation system really angered people is because you would buy your ticket and then find out if the park you wanted was available on the date you wanted to go. This is just a straight ticket for a specific day (like buying for a Broadway show or football game).
Yes, this makes sense and it's no different than buying date-specific tickets for HHN.

I agree this makes a lot of sense.
But I keep thinking back to the announcement video where it said they'll be able to have guests visit Uni for an entire week so…..
Maybe the plan is to tie Epic tix to the other parks.

I don't see them separating it out that much - at the end of the day they want you to spend more time at Universal.

I think there may just be an option to buy an Epic ticket on a specific date - then add the days at the other two (or three) parks or add on a discounted multiday ticket for the other parks with purchase.

There could also be a special "opening day" ticket that is the first day they open, could probably charge more for that.
I'm fine with that as long as they don't give it away for free to all the annoying influencers.
That way they can start selling tickets even if they don't have the exact opening day.

In the end the main goal (I assume) is more days at the parks, spending more money and booking hotels, much like Disney.

We could even see something like Epic only available with a three day ticket and no single day tickets at all - or only for certain cases like AP.

I just cant see them not tie it to the other parks in some way.

Also they really need to figure this out soon. Universal is always way too slow with tickets and prices (and shows) - they never give people enough time to plan.

For example most years they don't sell the multilight HHN tickets till early August and we are left trying to guess if they will even be available. Every years we are guessing that they will discontinue ROF tickets.

The Mardi Gras concerts are always released to late as well.

I get that they seem to be hoping for May, but the reality is they may not be able to make that and they need to be careful, but you also cant hold off on selling tickets till a few months in advance as people need to plan it.

That's the land I am second most excited about. On a whim, my family rewatched the original HTTYD about two weeks back. What a fantastic movie. A dedicated land should be a lot of fun.

This is the land I was the least excited about, I haven't even watched the movies. Buy, after the trailer.... WOW! It looks fantastic!
I particularly look forward the show. Universal shows are quite meh, this seems a huge step up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter