• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I haven't been around the boards much lately but we've got everything in the world going on right now..

* Spent the night in the Detroit airport the night before an interview in Charlotte (Detroit was a layover) after getting delayed 4 times and ultimately cancelled (curse you, Delta). Delta said "Sorry, we have no hotel rooms and no blankets due to the craziness this week.. but here's a bottle of water!" ..... Flew into CLT at 7:05, landed at 8:45 and made it on time to my interview at 10 AM. No shower, no sleep, and with an un-ironed suit, but they must have liked me because I was offered a job so that means...

* Preparing for a move from PA to NC
* Getting married in 2.5 weeks
* Honeymooning in Hawaii/DLR for 2 weeks afterwards

And moving right after that!

Bonus, we will be 8 hours from WDW so that means we'll be driving down every weekend! Okay, maybe once every few months.

Hope you guys are doing well.
Vernie822-- Congrats! Welcome to NC. There are some speed traps in SC/GA to watch out for on the way to WDW. Plus, it seems that there always contruction projects when we go through Georgia on our trips to WDW. Not much advice on Charlotte since I live in the Raleigh area. Dh and I had consider recently Charlotte on our list of future home (after cities in FL plus some other locales).

So today is my last day in the office this week - taking my wife up to NY Wine Country in the Finger Lakes for a long birthday weekend for her sans the kids. Will be nice to get away just the two of us for a few days
Sounds wonderful. Wish her a happy birthday for me and enjoy yourselves.

A lot of southern schools go back in August - Florida, Georgia, Virginia, etc. Up north it's usually right after Labor Day - PA, NJ, NY, etc.
I taught in Arlington VA and we started after Labor Day. I think it has something to do with our county has a lot of govt families and most people aren't back until after the holiday. We got out June 25th that year without many snow days. NH keeps pushing their calendar into August. Growing up it was after Labor Day. Then schools would start maybe on a Tuesday before Labor Day and then give the kids off Friday and Monday.

I can't wait for my upcoming weekend away in 4 weeks to Hartford, CT to see my "hockey family" at our yearly convention. Some I don't get to see during the hockey and some I do, but it is a great to catch up and have lots of laughs (and some drinks).
What kind of hockey team are you on? My Brother-in-law plays in a hockey league as goalie. He has traveled to different countries to play hockey. When my sister and her husband got married the ring barriers carried pucks on their pillows instead of a ring. They wore Maine Black Bear Jerseys. I hope you have a great time.

Good day peeps! :wave2:

It looks like another slow day here at Tech Support. Hence me hanging out here already before 10 am (local time). :surfweb:

But it looks like it's going to be a great day here and as soon as I am done at work I'll head straight to Mall of Scandinavia to check out if there are any news in our Disney Store! :smickey:

:tinker:
I'm jealous. I wish we were getting a Disney Store.

We've only had ours for one year. :earsboy:

But I love to pass by after work and just check out any news or sales. And I have promised here (in a thread under the Other Lands section) to report if any Swedish specific merchandise comes up. :smickey:

:tinker:

What kind of hockey team are you on? My Brother-in-law plays in a hockey league as goalie. He has traveled to different countries to play hockey. When my sister and her husband got married the ring barriers carried pucks on their pillows instead of a ring. They wore Maine Black Bear Jerseys. I hope you have a great time.

I don't play...I am in our local AHL hockey team's booster club and we have our convention with other booster club's coming up.

It usually is a great time. Getting to see people that I normally don't get to see due to the schedules is fun.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Been looking forward to today for months. Working until noon then home to pick up DW and DD then off to NYC. Meeting @Princess Jes and her DH for dinner and then going to see Aladdin! AHHHH!!!
Have a great time! Looks like the weather should be decent for you today. :-)
I'm taking a few hrs to get some badly needed yard work done.

Congrats!!! I really like the Charlotte area. There are so many cool places around that area.

Vernie822-- Congrats! Welcome to NC. There are some speed traps in SC/GA to watch out for on the way to WDW. Plus, it seems that there always contruction projects when we go through Georgia on our trips to WDW. Not much advice on Charlotte since I live in the Raleigh area. Dh and I had consider recently Charlotte on our list of future home (after cities in FL plus some other locales).

Thank you guys!

We had also considered Tampa or Orlando, but ultimately Charlotte was better job-wise for both of us. Plus, I have two cousins there, and I've visited and loved it! I'm really excited to get away from the snow and be within driving distance to WDW.

We had also considered Tampa or Orlando, but ultimately Charlotte was better job-wise for both of us. Plus, I have two cousins there, and I've visited and loved it! I'm really excited to get away from the snow and be within driving distance to WDW.

Spent a weekend in Charlotte last year and started falling in love immediately. I'm so jealous!

Add me to another who loves NC! One of my best friends got married there, DH was the best man. It was an awesome week. They moved back there and I have been trying to get back there for the past 7 years.

So my kids are getting on my nerves. Apparently they are livid that they are not amazing artist at the old ages of 7 and 5. So they must throw mass tantrums when their pictures do not turn out EXACTLY like the video game characters. Just made lunch and parked them in front of vintage Donald Duck cartoons. It seems to be working.

I feel like failure. I'm unemployed rather than HOS which i'll only being doing for 7 weeks. Starting next month. Like I have mental health issues act up badly causing me to either not be able to go to work or to be late and end up losing my job. Or some cases I just quit during a bad depression wave because i'm a complete idiot. So I lost my job over that I really hate myself for jumping jobs so much. Like I work really hard not too but I just seeming lazy and useless.

Sitting at Citi Field for Zac Brown Band concert. Should be a fun night after being sick all week.

I feel like failure. I'm unemployed rather than HOS which i'll only being doing for 7 weeks. Starting next month. Like I have mental health issues act up badly causing me to either not be able to go to work or to be late and end up losing my job. Or some cases I just quit during a bad depression wave because i'm a complete idiot. So I lost my job over that I really hate myself for jumping jobs so much. Like I work really hard not too but I just seeming lazy and useless.

Sorry to hear this. It is so hard. My brother deals with similar but thankfully he seems to always bounce back but it is rough. I hope you can find something soon that works a little better and understand what you need.

Sorry to hear this. It is so hard. My brother deals with similar but thankfully he seems to always bounce back but it is rough. I hope you can find something soon that works a little better and understand what you need.
I can get disability/ss but I feel guilty even thinking about it. like sometimes I really really hate myself for it. like used too do social media stuff and went too networking events and I know sooo many people like me do amazing as entrepreneurs but I still have bills I still need to make money to cover them. it sucks I just wanna take.melitionen or something and just sleep all of the next few days.

I can get disability/ss but I feel guilty even thinking about it. like sometimes I really really hate myself for it. like used too do social media stuff and went too networking events and I know sooo many people like me do amazing as entrepreneurs but I still have bills I still need to make money to cover them. it sucks I just wanna take.melitionen or something and just sleep all of the next few days.

Don't feel guilty. If that is what you need to be able to focus on you and get yourself to a better spot in life then do it. That is what it is there for.

I'm so sorry, I can hear your sadness in your post. Hopefully a :hug: will help, even a little bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter