Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

The humidity is so bad here. The temp isn't that bad (upper 80s I think), but we're setting records for the humidity.

My kids have been back in school since August 1st. And with that has come soccer practice, cross county and the restart of voice lessons. And that is only 3 of the 5 kids. I am one busy lady lately. I am currently listening to my oldest singing Colors of the Wind

Joining into the chit chat a bit late...but life has been crazy....

Work is ramping up in and I've been working in the office and at home, school starts on Monday and we did meet the teachers last night, and between my bday last week and DD-now-10's bday yesterday (and festivities still going on), I am drained. She also called an audible on her bday cake 1 week out...went from a James Bond sculpted Goldfinger cake to Maleficent right down to an edible dragon topper. I normally like 2-3 weeks for this kind of stuff!

I was at a Beatles (the band) ;) convention over the weekend. Had a friend from NJ visiting too so that was nice.
What does one do at the a beatles con?

Adding on to the bs at work this week. I've been there for 3 months. I haven't been fully trained to do the job i'm paid for. They finally got it half done and I got bumped so someone who started about 2 weeks ago too train. :sad2: The manager got nasty with me when I tried to ask about it and lied about another manager coming over too train me. o_O I tried to talk to my manager's manager because he is the next one in the "chain of command" this person doesn't seem to be able to handle anything serious or any form of problems and just said basically "I don't know talk to your managers themselves" and didn't understand the fact that I have spoken to my mangers over and over and over but have had no results. It's literally part of his job to handle issues but this person just brushes it off. Like I can't even describe how frustrating this job is.
This ride's department is the biggest mess I have ever seen at any job especially in tourism. I already had to put in a complaint with HR about a completely different issue happening between members of management that was just ridiculous.

Adding on to the bs at work this week. I've been there for 3 months. I haven't been fully trained to do the job i'm paid for. They finally got it half done and I got bumped so someone who started about 2 weeks ago too train. :sad2: The manager got nasty with me when I tried to ask about it and lied about another manager coming over too train me. o_O I tried to talk to my manager's manager because he is the next one in the "chain of command" this person doesn't seem to be able to handle anything serious or any form of problems and just said basically "I don't know talk to your managers themselves" and didn't understand the fact that I have spoken to my mangers over and over and over but have had no results. It's literally part of his job to handle issues but this person just brushes it off. Like I can't even describe how frustrating this job is.
This ride's department is the biggest mess I have ever seen at any job especially in tourism. I already had to put in a complaint with HR about a completely different issue happening between members of management that was just ridiculous.
It sounds like you're having a hell of a time! It's never nice when you're having a bad time at work but trust me, I feel your pain :( I really hope things start looking up for you soon!

Thank goodness I work in IT. Took the day off and psuedo worked from home. Feeling much better but my apartment is definitly getting deep cleaned this weekend. I think there must be some dust under the bed that is really making my sinuses and allergies so bad.

Thank goodness I work in IT. Took the day off and psuedo worked from home. Feeling much better but my apartment is definitly getting deep cleaned this weekend. I think there must be some dust under the bed that is really making my sinuses and allergies so bad.

I would give my right testicle to have a job where I could work from home. I feel you on the allergy front, I'm suffering really badly from hayfever lately and it just makes everything a little more difficult.

Oh that is so frustrating! Went through that a few years ago at my first job. I actually started doing training myself because I worked at a big pet store chain and wanted no part in the mishandling of the small animals and the disease that constantly was spreading in the store.

I would give my right testicle to have a job where I could work from home. I feel you on the allergy front, I'm suffering really badly from hayfever lately and it just makes everything a little more difficult.

They don't want us to do it all the time but honestly there is 0 reason I couldn't. One guy ended up losing his seat as more people got hired so he gets to work 4 days from home. I asked how I get that deal haha.

They don't want us to do it all the time but honestly there is 0 reason I couldn't. One guy ended up losing his seat as more people got hired so he gets to work 4 days from home. I asked how I get that deal haha.
I used to work in an office setting, towards the end of my tenure with the company (when I know longer gave a crap) I "accidentally" pulled all the leads out from the back of my PC so I had to work from home... It really is the bonus of all bonuses.

I'm sure that companies realize it saves a lot of money to let the people who can work from home do so.

I'm sure that companies realize it saves a lot of money to let the people who can work from home do so.
I just need to find myself a position in one of those companies! My OH does payroll and often works from home, I'm sure he is getting tired of the glares of jealousy I shoot at him on my way out of the door for work :')

Our CEO is old school and wants as many of us in the office as the office will hold. He says it is good for office culture and thus the business if we aren't just photos to each other. Many of our consultants, sales, and coders do work remote but report to offices when they can. We will see what happens though when our integration finishes since we were bought earlier this year.

I just need to find myself a position in one of those companies! My OH does payroll and often works from home, I'm sure he is getting tired of the glares of jealousy I shoot at him on my way out of the door for work :')

Sean what work do you do? My company has a London based arm and is mostly remote there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter