Unpopular Opinions

Having sailed on the Magic last month for the first time, I was prepared to be underwhelmed by Cariocas due to the many negative comments I had read on here about it. Well, it was - hands down- our favorite restaurant. Yes, Animators Palace wins for pure entertainment value due to the shows, but food-wise it wasn't even close (please, DCL make that God-awful mac and cheese potato soup go away!). Our favorite menu of the entire 11 night cruise was the one unique to Cariocas. We enjoyed the costumes the servers wore, everything about, it. I realize it's basically Parrot Cay painted white, but it worked for us! And the food - Yum!!

Very fun read. Thanks for the laughs! Opinions are like grains of salt, too much of them can ruin your meal. So use sparingly and moderation is key!:flower1:

my unpopular opinion is the seating for the disabled at the Walt Disney Theater. My son is in a wheelchair,and he can't see very well either. So the spaces allotted for disabled at the back of the theater are not any fun for him because he can't see the show.

I am not a fan of pirate night. The deck gets too crazy and we do not care for the food.

I like the food, but I agree that standing in long lines to eat again after just having dinner a little while earlier is too much.

I love Bingo. Yes, it is mostly a waste of $$$, but I think it is fun and with the right group of people a great time.

I agree with you about the Bingo. It's my vice on the cruise. My hubbie always can find me when there is a Bingo game!

:sail:

my unpopular opinion is the seating for the disabled at the Walt Disney Theater. My son is in a wheelchair,and he can't see very well either. So the spaces allotted for disabled at the back of the theater are not any fun for him because he can't see the show.

I agree. We were waiting for the hypnotist to start and there was a question up on the screens to the effective of "how many X are there appearing on the next screen." We counted 8 - the real answer was 13-14. From where we were sitting, we couldn't see the rest of them. I had to scrunch down to figure out how I had missed so many which is when I realized exactly how bad those seats are.

And don't get me started on the folding, metal chairs on the Classic ships for those wanting to sit with their friends/family in wheelchair at the back of the Buena Vista movie theatre.

I much prefer the show lounges on Carnival where the main floor is one level and the wheelchair seating is at the end of several rows. Good placement for wheelchairs and comfortable seats for the rest of the party.

Is it possible that they are in the back for the sake of quick access to the exit in case of emergency? I have no idea.

Children in adult bars after nine pm, Waiters spending all there time amusing children and ignoring an adult only table, happened twice next time will be very vocal about it.

Children in adult bars after nine pm, Waiters spending all there time amusing children and ignoring an adult only table, happened twice next time will be very vocal about it.

Agreed that children should not be in the adults' areas once they open up for the evening!

This also reminded me of another UO: I don't think it is anyone else's business if a small child is up late on a cruise, at WDW, or elsewhere for that matter, as long as the child is not being disruptive or anything. People like to judge based on what they would do or not do, but not every family is the same.

Bumping this thread because it came up again in my head recently.

Does anyone actually LIKE watching other people's vacation videos where they've attached a gopro to a selfie stick and are filming their own faces as they walk? And then they turn it around and it's (I guess) still attached to them somehow because you see every step and vibration as they walk?

There are so many cruise/trip report videos I wish I could watch, but I can't because they make me more motion sick than being on the actual ship. Especially when they have fish eye view on.

Just me? Unpopular opinion? I know it's not reasonable to expect people to have steadycams (ha) but I dislike this "stick view" trend so much--mostly because it makes me nauseated.

I purposely try to look for vacation videos that do NOT use selfie sticks. Those ones drive me nuts, especially if it is a whole family vacationing and 75% of the shots are of the dad holding it out in front of himself only and not even showing the rest of the family. (I'm not sure why, but I seem to find a lot like that!)

Yeah, I don't know what makes people post stuff like that publicly on YouTube. Do they really think anyone besides their own family is interested in watching that?

Somebody else's home movies were boring to watch on film in the Sixties and on video tape in the Eighties. They are just as boring to watch on social media in the Twenty-Tens.

I thought there used to be (back in 2007 ish) a secondary entrance wheelchair guests could use going through the bar underneath the theatre. Now saying this I can't remember if I imagined this or it actually happened as it wasn't our party with the wheelchair but I felt sure there was a wheelchair brought in through that door on the left and parked along the front.

I purposely try to look for vacation videos that do NOT use selfie sticks. Those ones drive me nuts, especially if it is a whole family vacationing and 75% of the shots are of the dad holding it out in front of himself only and not even showing the rest of the family. (I'm not sure why, but I seem to find a lot like that!)

Yes! You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about then. A bunch of video shot up the guy's nose, and occasionally he turns the camera around for "jiggle view" as he walks. If you're lucky you might get a few shots of the actual ship.

Yes! You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about then. A bunch of video shot up the guy's nose, and occasionally he turns the camera around for "jiggle view" as he walks. If you're lucky you might get a few shots of the actual ship.

I'm not sure this particular opinion is truly unpopular.....

I thought there used to be (back in 2007 ish) a secondary entrance wheelchair guests could use going through the bar underneath the theatre. Now saying this I can't remember if I imagined this or it actually happened as it wasn't our party with the wheelchair but I felt sure there was a wheelchair brought in through that door on the left and parked along the front.

Guests who are able to transfer to a theater seat can be taken to a side entrance that puts them in the front row. Just arrive a little early and ask a CM.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter