Unpopular Opinions

I thought there used to be (back in 2007 ish) a secondary entrance wheelchair guests could use going through the bar underneath the theatre. Now saying this I can't remember if I imagined this or it actually happened as it wasn't our party with the wheelchair but I felt sure there was a wheelchair brought in through that door on the left and parked along the front.

Yes, you remember correctly. On the Magic and the Wonder, you could access the front of the theater and transfer to a regular seat, if you asked a CM. But they don't have that access on the Dream or Fantasy. I thought there would at least be Middle of the theater seating,like they have in movie theaters, but there isn't.

Yes, you remember correctly. On the Magic and the Wonder, you could access the front of the theater and transfer to a regular seat, if you asked a CM. But they don't have that access on the Dream or Fantasy. I thought there would at least be Middle of the theater seating,like they have in movie theaters, but there isn't.

Thanks for confirming!

My new unpopular opinion: out of boredom, we decided to get off the ship in Nassau and go buy a rum cake. We thought it was terrible (Nassau AND the rum cake) and were back on the Dream 30 minutes later. Next time, if we get off the ship, we'll go to Atlantis.

I loved the Golden Mickeys ... but I thought Believe was terrible. Much more kids oriented than the GM (way too much).

There are a couple of wheelchair spots mid theater on the Dream & Fantasy.

This picture I've circled where the row is one seat shorter (same on the other aisle/side)
walt disney theatre dream 2012 wheelchair.jpg

And, I took this one on our cruise, a little difficult to see, but there's a wheelchair in just that spot:
walt disney theatre dream 2014 10 1763a P1020870 Stitch 1500 wheelchair.jpg

Since the wheelchairs were able to access those spots, I would think that they could get them down to the front row, for those who can transfer to a regular seat. But, I wasn't really watching to see if that actually happened.

My seemingly unpopular opinion. I loved all of Atlantis, it really was a sight to see, yes expensive but marvelous IMHO. I also did not like the booths at the Enchanted Garden and the menu was my least favorite.

I agree - Those booths are the worst.

My unpopular opinion-opinion being the key word there- the food in the MDR's was not as good (with a few exceptions) as Cabanas, and certainly not as good as the MDR's on Royal Caribbean or Carnival. We especially disliked the tuna steak in Animator's, the French onion soup in RP, the chicken in Animator's, the cheesecake in EG the lobster and shrimp appetizer in RP. What was good was the deep fried brie in RP, sirloin steak in EG and RP, and Grand Mariner's soufflé in RP and the chocolate mousse in EG. We should have asked for replacements for dishes we did not like, but dinner was long enough with a three year old as it was.

My unpopular opinion-opinion being the key word there- the food in the MDR's was not as good (with a few exceptions) as Cabanas, and certainly not as good as the MDR's on Royal Caribbean or Carnival. We especially disliked the tuna steak in Animator's, the French onion soup in RP, the chicken in Animator's, the cheesecake in EG the lobster and shrimp appetizer in RP. What was good was the deep fried brie in RP, sirloin steak in EG and RP, and Grand Mariner's soufflé in RP and the chocolate mousse in EG. We should have asked for replacements for dishes we did not like, but dinner was long enough with a three year old as it was.

I think Cabana's for dinner is excellent, maybe because they make the entrees fresh when you order instead of en masse.

This is very good to know, is the menu the same as the MDR's on pirate night.
The menu in Cabanas is a selection of offerings from whatever menu(s) are being used in the MDRs that evening, as well as a carving station and salad bar. So, basically the same, but a little different.

we didnt goto Cabanas dinner on this past cruise but have in the past and much prefer it over the MDRs. The vibe is less frenetic and more laid back.

We love Atlantis too. That is how my girls convinced me to cruise again, promising me we could go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter