Updated 7/28 - SWGE Preview trip planning! - Coooo-rrect! Mom/Daughter Do WDW—A Feb 2019 TR

It all sounds super exciting!!! Hooray that Trevor gets to join you. How do you get an after 5 ticket? I've heard that a few times lately but I'm clueless!

Your plans sound great! How nice that Trevor is able to join you for a portion of the fun!

I found it easier to book same-day ADRs for one person than I expected, so perhaps that will help! I'm a fan of the Greek salad at Cosmic Ray's and many seem to like the waffles at Sleepy Hollow. If you score a BOG lunch ADR perhaps you could eat at the Plaza for dinner and kill two birds with one stone!
Nice! I’m hoping for luck as a singleton too. Ooh, the waffles at Sleepy Hollow are yummy...so much good food!

How cool is that, Trevor joining you for a couple of days. The best of both worlds...a couple days with your honey, then more days on your own. We also like Sleepy Hollow in MK. Their fresh fruit waffle sandwich with chocolate-hazelnut spread is pretty good and their churro ice cream sandwich is delicious! We like the candied bacon skewer and the sweet and spicy chicken skewer at Westward Ho. Our last trip we ended up at Tortuga Tavern and had the Ropa Vieja, shredded beef over rice, which was surprisingly good, and a brisket sandwich. Both had nice flavor.
Oh and the little cart across from the Tiki Room. I don't know if it has a name, I can't find one. They have the best cheeseburger spring rolls and pizza rolls,
Housemade Spring Rolls

we went back for these a few times! Nice snack for sure. And then afterward, your favorite treat from Aloha Aisle or Sunshine Terrace. My fave is the citrus swirl.
I like the salad at The Plaza too. Our last trip, we did breakfast there. They have a fried green tomato benedict that is delicious. I wish we would have went back a second time. That restaurant is so cute and the staff is great!
Oh my, now I'm drooling thinking about all the yummy food to be had at DW.
Enjoy your trip! I can't wait to hear all the fun you are going to have in a couple weeks!
Oh gosh, that’s so much good food! That candies bacon skewer I didn’t know existed! So excited! Thanks for all the tips!!

It all sounds super exciting!!! Hooray that Trevor gets to join you. How do you get an after 5 ticket? I've heard that a few times lately but I'm clueless!
Yea, I’m really excited he’s coming. The after-5 tickets you buy through a convention link—you can just google for conventions at Disney World and various links should pop up. I think they do have to be used within a certain time frame after the convention, but we a friend told me about the convention (he’s not going this year) and it’s happening during our trip, so that’s convenient. And there are after 1 pm and after 5 pm tickets, so yay choices :)

Your plans look awesome! That's going to be a great trip.
Thank you!!! I’m not excited at all.... :)

I'll be solo at GE on Sunday in the 3 - 7 PM slot! DH isn't an AP holder. I love reading your trip reports and if I see you, I'll be totally starstruck! :wave2::worship: just sayin'.....

Yea, I’m really excited he’s coming. The after-5 tickets you buy through a convention link—you can just google for conventions at Disney World and various links should pop up. I think they do have to be used within a certain time frame after the convention, but we a friend told me about the convention (he’s not going this year) and it’s happening during our trip, so that’s convenient. And there are after 1 pm and after 5 pm tickets, so yay choices :)

Ok, that makes sense! Thanks for explaining :D .

I'll be solo at GE on Sunday in the 3 - 7 PM slot! DH isn't an AP holder. I love reading your trip reports and if I see you, I'll be totally starstruck! :wave2::worship: just sayin'.....
Ooh, have fun, fellow solo SW traveler! :) Too bad mine is Monday, or we might run into each other in Galaxy's Edge! It'd be so cool to meet in person!!

Ok, that makes sense! Thanks for explaining :D .
You're welcome! Always good to be aware of other ticket options, considering a single day ticket is like $135 now (boo....)
Image result for disney angry gif

Auughhh... I meant Monday! My slot is on the 19th. Apparently I’m a bit of an idiot. Apologies all around. I’ll be the one looking sheepish....on Monday. Lol. :crazy2:

So....I'm thinking about switching one of my MK evenings to AK, so I can be sure to see Tree of Life Awakenings. I've never seen the show and I want to, but is it worth a special trip over? Or is it not that cool?

Yea, I switched. What are last minute trips for if not for unpredictability? :) So Aug 18th I'm now heading to AK in the afternoon. Thinking I'll check out Pandora at night again, 'cause it's gorgeous, and obviously Tree of Life Awakenings, and thinking I might do dinner at the Nomad Lounge? Any must-eat recommendations? :)

Also, my ears came!
IMG_3410 (1).jpg

**I've been messing with the picture for 10 minutes trying to figure out why it's coming sideways and I CAN'T FIX IT. If you click on the image, it will show up on its own new tab the right way up. Disboards, why must you be difficult....**

So, no time for a pre-trip report (though I may do a trip report cause...why not!), but guess who just scored a reservation for the Star Wars AP preview?! This gal!
Awsome!!!! There are a lot of people coming for this! Pretty cool.

dn't overlap with another slot for the last two hours and I wanted to see it at night, but even if they don't kick people out I'm sure it will be great. :) YAY!
It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I can't wait. We are the same day as you but I did the first slot of the day.

ause it's gorgeous, and obviously Tree of Life Awakenings, and thinking I might do dinner at the Nomad Lounge? Any must-eat recommendations? :)
Nomad Lounge sounds like a perfect dinner. I am really hoping we get to try it out this trip.

We might be in MK on Tuesday as well! Maybe we will run into you. We are going to the party, but might go in the morning for a few hours.

Ooooh, I LOVE those ears! And we really liked the Tree of Life Awakenings too. I think you'll be glad for the switch!
Aren't they adorable? I love etsy--people are so talented. Yay! I'm excited to see it :)

Awsome!!!! There are a lot of people coming for this! Pretty cool.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I can't wait. We are the same day as you but I did the first slot of the day.

Nomad Lounge sounds like a perfect dinner. I am really hoping we get to try it out this trip.

We might be in MK on Tuesday as well! Maybe we will run into you. We are going to the party, but might go in the morning for a few hours.
I've been surprised how many people seem to be coming down, but I'm excited I get to be one of them! I hope I run into you--that'd be so cool!

Hey, it'd be my first time at Nomad Lounge too! Hopefully we both make it there this trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter