• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated list of Refurbs for 2014

Just noticed on the Disneyland Map that the dates for the Space Mountain refurb now shows May 27th - July 3rd. Is this correct? This is our first trip to DL so didn't know if we should trust that or not.

I noticed this today also. You can probably trust it as much as anything else on Disney's website. :goodvibes

But is does seem like this map is the first to get updated with new info.

Now if POTC would just open up while we are there and I would be happy!! Won't count on it though.

Just noticed on the Disneyland Map that the dates for the Space Mountain refurb now shows May 27th - July 3rd. Is this correct? This is our first trip to DL so didn't know if we should trust that or not.

*cries*

My two most favourite rides slated now to re-open on the same day, our first day there. This makes me incredibly uncomfortable. No buffer at all in case the refurbs go long. It's freaking me out.

Mrs Grumpy said:

Oh my gosh, I don't know whether I should be excited because it was scheduled to be closed during my visit or scared that they'll replace that refurb with another ride. At two weeks out I thought the schedule would be set!

Space is off the daily calendar now too. Looks like they are waiting to start new referbs until after Memorial Day weekend and the 24 hour event.

This is just the best news possible for our upcoming trip which starts May 12. Hope, hope it's right.

:sad: this will really stink but it is what it is...our last day is July 1st.

How often do things reopen early? We'll just miss pirates and its my boys (2.5yrs and 5yrs) favorite and all they can talk about. We'll be there 5/16-5/19.

Not often, if at all. Best is to prepare them, letting your kids know the pirates are away plundering during your trip and you won't be able to ride, that way if it does open they get a nice surprise instead of a potential letdown because it never opened.

Anybody have any clue what is taking so dang long?

Does anyone know when it's a small world goes down for holiday overlay in October?? Our first day in the park will be October 23rd.....will it still be open then?? Our last day is nov 1st and I would really love for my kids to see IASW for their first Disneyland visit!!
25 weeks to go and counting!! Eek!

Does anyone know when it's a small world goes down for holiday overlay in October?? Our first day in the park will be October 23rd.....will it still be open then?? Our last day is nov 1st and I would really love for my kids to see IASW for their first Disneyland visit!!
25 weeks to go and counting!! Eek!

I think you will luck out due to a "unique" calendar this year. If I recall correctly, it closes the fourth Monday in October. This year that falls way late: October 27th.

This is not official information. I have not seen the dates for this year posted anywhere yet, but if I recall the "pattern," you are in luck. Someone else will chime in if I am way wrong with my recollection.

- Dreams

I think you will luck out due to a "unique" calendar this year. If I recall correctly, it closes the fourth Monday in October. This year that falls way late: October 27th.

This is not official information. I have not seen the dates for this year posted anywhere yet, but if I recall the "pattern," you are in luck. Someone else will chime in if I am way wrong with my recollection.

- Dreams

You have made my day! I will make sure that IASW is first on the to do list when we arrive! We have ten day hopper passes so plenty of time to do everything, but this was one that I was worried about missing.
Many thanks for your reply :-)

Noooo! it's a small world again? I was there in February when it was closed and now when I go next week it will be closed. Just no Disney!

And I was two caterpillars away from getting on Alice before it was rained out. My luck isn't around much lately! LOL!

You have made my day! I will make sure that IASW is first on the to do list when we arrive! We have ten day hopper passes so plenty of time to do everything, but this was one that I was worried about missing.
Many thanks for your reply :-)

You're welcome. Remember though, the official date has not yet been released. I am just reporting historically what has happened. I would say you can be hopefully optimistic, but do not get TOO excited until Disney releases the official dates for 2014. :)

Noooo! it's a small world again? I was there in February when it was closed and now when I go next week it will be closed. Just no Disney!

And I was two caterpillars away from getting on Alice before it was rained out. My luck isn't around much lately! LOL!

I don't know if this makes you feel better or not, but it's not really "again" as much as "still." Try only reopened it for a very brief few days because of its anniversary.

- Dreams

I don't know if this makes you feel better or not, but it's not really "again" as much as "still." Try only reopened it for a very brief few days because of its anniversary.

- Dreams

I think the PP was referring to IASW going down to remove its holiday overlay?

And if so, as you know Dreams that was not a refurb but an annual event and cannot be compared to what is happening now which is a refurb of some kind.

:wizard:

I think the PP was referring to IASW going down to remove its holiday overlay?

And if so, as you know Dreams that was not a refurb but an annual event and cannot be compared to what is happening now which is a refurb of some kind.

:wizard:

Of course the overlay removal is an annual event and not the same as a refurb. I wasn't saying it was. :). I thought the PP was upset that it was down again since its recent closure... which is really the same closure with a brief interruption. That's all I was saying.

- Dreams

Really? It's been closed all this time? Crazy! Doesn't really make me feel better because either way, it's closed, and it's one of my favorites! At least the railroad is open this time! It was a travesty last time to have it be closed!

I'm going to revitalize this thread since the last post is from May. Any new updates since then?

We are going in November (mid) so I was just curious if there is anything out there yet.

Thanks & Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter