Very Special Offer coming from DCL on Wednesday 12/10

Disney does sometimes refund money if a cruise for which you paid in full (or even not yet paid in full) is offered at lower rates. We booked the 1/11 4-night and paid in full in Oct. and Disney has since offered that sailing at FL resident rates. My cc was refunded (in DAYS!) for the difference ($544!) and the fuel surcharge was credited to my OBC. The neatest part? I didn't even know about it until I got an e-mail (can't remember if it was from DCL or DU) telling me about it! :banana: :banana: :banana: What a great surprise!:yay: :yay: :yay:
Queen Colleen

This offer helps us big time!! We were booked for April 16, 2009 for a three night. WE SAVED $1000!!!:cool1:

Sorry others did not benefit. I know there are many offers that did not benefit me either, but I am very grateful that Disney offered something for a cruise that we were scheduled to take anyways. I called to take advantage of the offer. The customer service representative was very helpful and she did have to cancel the old and re-book. I was able to get the same everything (my sister and I have connecting rooms, so I didn't want to lose the room I had). Everything worked out great and I am thankful to you guys for telling me, because I probably would not have known otherwise.:yay:

The first I heard of this new offer was in an email I received directly from someone at Disney whose job it is to disseminate this type of information to the travel agencies he/she deals with.

The information I presented in my first post had quotes around the wording included in that email...words like 'VERY big' and 'first of its kind for Disney Cruise Line'. These were the exact words and phrases given to me by Disney. There were no details presented in the email except for the date it was going to be released.

Folks on this board then engaged in some friendly speculation as to what the offer might be. Of course people wanted it to be beneficial to them - that's human nature.

Everyone has a right to their opinions on this board, as do you. Those that are unhappy with the promotion have a right to express that as do those that are happy or those that simply don't care.

I personally feel that Disney Cruise Line hyped something that turned out to be less than 'VERY big'. I understand the intent of the promotion and the desired result - I understand they are business and have an agenda - but in the end it is my opinion that it turned out to be less than 'VERY big'.....their words, not mine.

John, very well said (and keep up the good work)!

Karen

This offer helps us big time!! We were booked for April 16, 2009 for a three night. WE SAVED $1000!!!:cool1:

Sorry others did not benefit. I know there are many offers that did not benefit me either, but I am very grateful that Disney offered something for a cruise that we were scheduled to take anyways. I called to take advantage of the offer. The customer service representative was very helpful and she did have to cancel the old and re-book. I was able to get the same everything (my sister and I have connecting rooms, so I didn't want to lose the room I had). Everything worked out great and I am thankful to you guys for telling me, because I probably would not have known otherwise.:yay:

Thats great for you!

Another disappointed customer. We have been on 10 DCL cruises and had to cancel our 2009 cruise. We have always sailed in a balcony and the '09 cruise was a cat 10. We still had to cancel. We are hoping for 2010, but it won't be a balcony.

I was hoping it would be something to get us back on the ship on '09.

Besides, 3 days is waaaayyy too short a cruise to bother with.

Until DD is old enough, she is 6, and is out of the "need to see disney characters phase", we will sail DCL, just not as often.

Another disappointed customer. We have been on 10 DCL cruises and had to cancel our 2009 cruise. We have always sailed in a balcony and the '09 cruise was a cat 10. We still had to cancel. We are hoping for 2010, but it won't be a balcony.

I was hoping it would be something to get us back on the ship on '09.

Besides, 3 days is waaaayyy too short a cruise to bother with.

Until DD is old enough, she is 6, and is out of the "need to see disney characters phase", we will sail DCL, just not as often.

Uh oh...I'm 35 and still not out of the "need to see Disney characters" phase. :rotfl2:

Uh oh...I'm 35 and still not out of the "need to see Disney characters" phase. :rotfl2:

I'm 41...I never knew is was possible that I could outgrow the "need to see the Disney characters" phase! My son would be so disappointed if I ever grew out of that phase!

Karen

You guys are funny! OK, I need to see them too, but I can cruise without them. :lmao:

I'm 41...I never knew is was possible that I could outgrow the "need to see the Disney characters" phase! My son would be so disappointed if I ever grew out of that phase!

Karen

Me too!!! Let's see...I never even met Mickey or any of the characters until I was 36 and that was 5 years ago. Does that mean that my Disney age is 5 and I can keep going? :lmao:

Me too!!! Let's see...I never even met Mickey or any of the characters until I was 36 and that was 5 years ago. Does that mean that my Disney age is 5 and I can keep going? :lmao:

I like the way you think. My first time to Disney was 11 years ago so that makes me 11 yrs old right ;)

Oh, I so love that line of thinking...maybe we should just everyone what their "Disney age" is!

You can be happy with your deal. You are sailing early summer 2009 for a booked upon openning 2007 hurricane season kids in school type price! You've checked out the competition that week and they are higher with a smaller room (if sailing cheapest) and you know you like DCL. With the overselling of Cat 12's, you may even get an upgrade and if you don't, just think about how little time you are in the room anyway. Accounting for soda cards, if you like them, and bringing booze on board, if you drink, it may actually be closer to a grand cheaper to go DCL. The big RCCL ships have some great things DCL doesn't and you may want to try them some time but you might as well wait until they are cheaper than DCL the week you want to go. DCL being so much cheaper than RCCL is a rare event.

We are allowed to bring alcohol???

We are allowed to bring alcohol???

Yep, you can do a search for more info but basically DCL just wants you to carry it on as oppose to risk breakage by checking, and it can get heavy for cabin stewards to move around. It needs to fit thru a scanner when board, similar to airport. Some use an airline size rolling carry on and then have room for purchases on way off. I use a rolling cooler, unpack and use room ice as necessary, the fridge works ok for me. Rolling cooler holds laundry until midweek when can take it to wash at one of the laundry rooms onboard. Roll off with bottles purchased from ship. Laundry on your own for a few bucks is another thing to appreciate about DCL, especially with extra bag airline charges.

We bring a bunch of water bottles we refill as necessary, water on ship good. Smallish bottle of rum in plastic container, six pack and two bottles of wine. Still have need, or desire, to buy various drinks on ship and island but it's nice to have a starter kit!

Sorry, getting this thread off topic.......

Wow- I wandered over to this thread to see general discussion on this offer and I'm AMAZED at the bitter and angry responses to what I see as a fantastic deal!!!!

I NEVER would be able to afford a DCL of ANY length without such an offer!

Y'all have a choice to choose whatever cruise company you wish. Why be so vicious you aren't offered a sale you want?

And as far as "hype"- it wasn't "hype" it's letting you know something big was coming! And I, for one, think it IS a big deal! I'm finding a friend to cruise with and we're doing a girls' trip for my DD's 6th birthday- something we're doing for less than $400 for the two of us! When could I ever do that with DCL before? Um- NEVER!

Wow- I wandered over to this thread to see general discussion on this offer and I'm AMAZED at the bitter and angry responses to what I see as a fantastic deal!!!!

Y'all have a choice to choose whatever cruise company you wish. Why be so vicious you aren't offered a sale you want?

And as far as "hype"- it wasn't "hype" it's letting you know something big was coming! And I, for one, think it IS a big deal! I'm finding a friend to cruise with and we're doing a girls' trip for my DD's 6th birthday- something we're doing for less than $400 for the two of us! When could I ever do that with DCL before? Um- NEVER!

:thumbsup2

hey off topic, but I see you have the same name at me, Julia. My friends call me Marla, that's why my screen name is Marla, but my name is Julia:goodvibes

My first thought was also "Book a cruise, get land free" I have my parents cruise booked for May, and not only are my brother and I staying at POFQ 7 nights, when my parents return they are staying POFQ for 3 nights. Depending on the specifics I would really enjoy this deal.....My guess is that my cruise ony reservation will have to be changed to a land&sea package.....I hope it all works out! I don't have the money to lay out the deposit again!

At first, like many here, I thought...wow I wish it were a better deal. THEN I took a close look at it and found that we could plug this cruise into the middle of our spring break trip...upgrade to a 2 BR at SSR for the land time and still not pay too much more cash. We got off the post-Thanksgiving Day 7 night Western cruise trying to figure out a way to get back on the ship. And with this deal we were able to do so in just a few months. So count me as thrilled! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter