Very Special Offer coming from DCL on Wednesday 12/10

I think this DCL offer is discriminatory against people that have older kids, single parent families and those with more than 2 kids. If my boys were a few years younger, it would cost me almost $1000.00 less! Now, we will have a packed ship with lots of kids on our previously booked 1st time cruise. I am seriously looking at cancelling with DCL and going with Carnival, which is less than 1/2 the price at $1192 for an Ocean View, as opposed to $2432 for an inside room at DCL. I know that we will miss out on Castaway Cay, but funds are just getting too tight to justify that much more money on a 3 day cruise!

Disney should have just discounted all passengers past the first two on all 3 nights so the offer can benefit almost everyone, even if it is not giving a free cruise to the additional passengers. I know they are just trying to fill the ships, but if families like mine feel slighted and 'jump ship' to a more affordable cruiseline because of it, they are crushing the magic!

If DCL wasn't worried, they wouldn't be offering this 'great' deal. All the travel industry is hurting, which allows us to be more choosy about what we spend our vacation dollars on.

I think this DCL offer is discriminatory against people that have older kids, single parent families and those with more than 2 kids. If my boys were a few years younger, it would cost me almost $1000.00 less! Now, we will have a packed ship with lots of kids on our previously booked 1st time cruise. I am seriously looking at cancelling with DCL and going with Carnival, which is less than 1/2 the price at $1192 for an Ocean View, as opposed to $2432 for an inside room at DCL. I know that we will miss out on Castaway Cay, but funds are just getting too tight to justify that much more money on a 3 day cruise!

Disney should have just discounted all passengers past the first two on all 3 nights so the offer can benefit almost everyone, even if it is not giving a free cruise to the additional passengers. I know they are just trying to fill the ships, but if families like mine feel slighted and 'jump ship' to a more affordable cruiseline because of it, they are crushing the magic!

FYI The Carnival Glory out of PC is a great ship with DCL cost what they are right now My family will be cruising them again this summer:thumbsup2

Rob

even if people jump ship, I doubt dcl will be hurting. They pretty much sail quite full all the time.

If DCL wasn't worried, they wouldn't be offering this 'great' deal. All the travel industry is hurting, which allows us to be more choosy about what we spend our vacation dollars on.

Its a pity but every 'offer' will have a cut off point, Disney feel kids become adults far younger than here, we think kids are kids to 16.

Sales are down, and people canceling, thats why we see offers, different types may come, this one follows successful offers at places such as Disneyland Paris where each January to March they offer free kids.

At first, like many here, I thought...wow I wish it were a better deal. THEN I took a close look at it and found that we could plug this cruise into the middle of our spring break trip...upgrade to a 2 BR at SSR for the land time and still not pay too much more cash. We got off the post-Thanksgiving Day 7 night Western cruise trying to figure out a way to get back on the ship. And with this deal we were able to do so in just a few months. So count me as thrilled! :cool1:

Same here. I thought it wasn't that great at first, and I still think I could definitely be better, but we ended up adding it to the end of our WDW stay (4/3 deal) for about the same amount of $$ I was going to spend to upgrade us to a deluxe resort.

I can handle 7 days at CSR and a 3 night cruise for $2800 including tix and food!:cool1: What a deal!:banana:

Its a pity but every 'offer' will have a cut off point, Disney feel kids become adults far younger than here, we think kids are kids to 16.

Sales are down, and people canceling, thats why we see offers, different types may come, this one follows successful offers at places such as Disneyland Paris where each January to March they offer free kids.

So, when Disneyland Paris does their 'free kids' offer, is the age cut off 12 or 16? It's no doubt that teens 13 to 16 can eat lots more than most kids under 12, though my boys would be much happier eating pizza, wraps and burgers than the fancy foods in the restaurants.

I'm still crossing my fingers for more offers before my cancellation date gets here, and I AM really happy for those of you that have been able to benefit from the current offer!!

So, when Disneyland Paris does their 'free kids' offer, is the age cut off 12 or 16? It's no doubt that teens 13 to 16 can eat lots more than most kids under 12, though my boys would be much happier eating pizza, wraps and burgers than the fancy foods in the restaurants.

I'm still crossing my fingers for more offers before my cancellation date gets here, and I AM really happy for those of you that have been able to benefit from the current offer!!

Being Disney they often do cut it off early as well, but most 'Europe' non Disney holidays have 16 or even 18 free kid offers for our summer.

Funny the transport to DLP, is kids to 16!

The Disneyland Paris offer right now is kids 12 & under stay free.

STAY, PLAY & TRAVEL FOR FREE!(1)

For each adult package booked to arrive from 4th January - 2nd April 2009 inclusive, all children under 12 will be offered accommodation, park tickets and travel(2) absolutely FREE!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter