Victoria & Alberts discontinuing 7 & 10 course options starting July - confirmed

While I love eating at V&A's, I'm not so sure I will be able to handle a 9 to 12 courses service… it feels it is so much food? By any chance, are the portions any smaller?

While I love eating at V&A's, I'm not so sure I will be able to handle a 9 to 12 courses service… it feels it is so much food? By any chance, are the portions any smaller?
I have no base for comparison, since it was my first time going. The courses were small, but we were still absolutely stuffed by the end.

While I haven't been since the change (bit I've got a reservation for December!!!), we've done the 10 course menu a few times after years of doing the 7 course. I was positive that I wouldn't be able to finish 10 courses since I was never able to finish dessert on the 7 course. But I was actually able to finish it all. Two things allowed this: we took 4 hours to eat dinner (compared to the 2.5-3 previously for the 7 courses) and I feel that the plates were smaller. I actually prefer to have a larger number of smaller plates as I get saturated pretty quickly on a particular flavour/dish and may not finish something even if I'm still hungry. I'm also not a big sweet person. I prefer savoury and salty. With the 10 course, we got two desserts but they were small and I didn't saturate on the flavour so was able to eat both. If I recall, one was very rich and chocolately but just a few bites (even though I like chocolate, if it's too rich, I usually can't finish it) and one was, I think, apple based and not sweet at all.

While I haven't been since the change (bit I've got a reservation for December!!!), we've done the 10 course menu a few times after years of doing the 7 course. I was positive that I wouldn't be able to finish 10 courses since I was never able to finish dessert on the 7 course. But I was actually able to finish it all. Two things allowed this: we took 4 hours to eat dinner (compared to the 2.5-3 previously for the 7 courses) and I feel that the plates were smaller. I actually prefer to have a larger number of smaller plates as I get saturated pretty quickly on a particular flavour/dish and may not finish something even if I'm still hungry. I'm also not a big sweet person. I prefer savoury and salty. With the 10 course, we got two desserts but they were small and I didn't saturate on the flavour so was able to eat both. If I recall, one was very rich and chocolately but just a few bites (even though I like chocolate, if it's too rich, I usually can't finish it) and one was, I think, apple based and not sweet at all.

Thanks for the detailed review. It might make me change my mind about going back to V&As! While none of the plate they served to us when we tried the 7 courses menu was “big”, I might appreciate even smaller plates and the added culinary experience.

Looking forward to reading your feedback after your next time there, I hope you will enjoy it!

Thanks Kiford, going in less than 60 days & was wondering about V&A. Eating there again for the second time ever. Excited!

It will be our second time too. We'll be there in October. The cost was $75 each when we went there the first time (if I remember correctly)

I just scored the Chef’s Table in early March, and we are very excited. We have done the main dining room 2x and the V&A room once (we have gone about every 5 years - and the first time in 1995/96 I think it was $100 pp). Thanks for the detailed review!

Dear Wife and I are already booked for NOV 2018 trip. Having been there a number of times? THEY are just going to tell ME "what's for dinner" :).

I will then shut up, sit back, and be amazed :). Later, they will present the bill, and I will properly cover this with large tip - with absolute pleasure :).

There are fairly FEW really fine dining establishments at WDW, or even Orlando as a whole.... V&A is the absolute BEST.

(Le sigh) so many things that I missed when we had to cancel our trip this spring due to an unannounced addition to the family. The chef’s table at V and A, was the biggest. I have been trying to rezzos for it for a few years. Looks like I get a few extra courses when I finally get back there in a couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter