VIP Guides

KerryCM

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any recent experiences with using a VIP tour guide at Disneyland and CA parks? My son is seriously thinking of getting one for our trip next year. He is using one for our trip to WDW in September.

I would imagine the price is the same, but he is hoping he will be able to get more accomplished for his children with there only being 2 parks. It is their first visit and he really want them to see what they want. The children will be 16, 9, 7 and 5 at the time of travel.

Thank you for any input you can give me.

The Dis Unplugged recently reviewed a VIP tour at Disneyland. They felt pretty good about it in general but many of the comments were that they didn’t get more done than anyone else using MaxPass. Disneyland doesn’t have as streamline process for the plaids. Sometimes they still waited 15-20 minutes for an attraction WITH a tour guide.

I’ve never used a Plaid and I’m not sure I would. In Disneyland I think it’s more set up for getting celebrities through the park without creating a scene, not getting the most attractions possible. Disneyland is soooo much simpler than WDW.

Has anyone had any recent experiences with using a VIP tour guide at Disneyland and CA parks? My son is seriously thinking of getting one for our trip next year. He is using one for our trip to WDW in September.

I would imagine the price is the same, but he is hoping he will be able to get more accomplished for his children with there only being 2 parks. It is their first visit and he really want them to see what they want. The children will be 16, 9, 7 and 5 at the time of travel.

Thank you for any input you can give me.
There are many of us who have used guides. We really do get a lot accomplished with a guide. Can you be more specific in what your are interested in finding out?

The Dis Unplugged recently reviewed a VIP tour at Disneyland. They felt pretty good about it in general but many of the comments were that they didn’t get more done than anyone else using MaxPass. Disneyland doesn’t have as streamline process for the plaids. Sometimes they still waited 15-20 minutes for an attraction WITH a tour guide.

I’ve never used a Plaid and I’m not sure I would. In Disneyland I think it’s more set up for getting celebrities through the park without creating a scene, not getting the most attractions possible. Disneyland is soooo much simpler than WDW.
I get quite a bit more done with a guide than with Max Pass. For example, when my granddaughter wants to ride Incrediacoaster 5x in a row, or GOTG, she can do it. You do use the FP line, so you do wait whatever the length is there. It is also nice to be able to meet the characters in the Launch Bay or Anna and Elsa, or the Princesses (for my DIL...) without committing a lot of time to the line. We also liked not having to wait in the lines to reenter Disneyland as they usually take us in thru the exit. In the 6 hours with the guide, we get pretty much everything we want done.

You can also get night time entertainment. We've done fireworks or Fantasmic! or WOC or PTN. It is really nice to have seats for the shows.

View of fireworks from VIP
36634281_10216821197105807_5661703637085192192_n.jpg

Paint the Night
30715302_10216178849927529_5294235834491338752_n.jpg

30713171_10157409583335299_4350616177936957440_n.jpg

Fantasmic!
20233010_10213163056061407_4604336351210651440_o.jpg

Thank you so much for all your responses! My son really just wants his children to be able to ride the rides they really want to do, they are all making their lists already! Being able to see the nighttime shows in a VIP area is also a huge plus for them, especially the ones that are exclusive to California parks. With only 3 days at the parks I think he really feels having a guide for 1 of those days will be a huge help to them.
Malcom 10t loved the pictures!

I get quite a bit more done with a guide than with Max Pass. For example, when my granddaughter wants to ride Incrediacoaster 5x in a row, or GOTG, she can do it. You do use the FP line, so you do wait whatever the length is there. It is also nice to be able to meet the characters in the Launch Bay or Anna and Elsa, or the Princesses (for my DIL...) without committing a lot of time to the line. We also liked not having to wait in the lines to reenter Disneyland as they usually take us in thru the exit. In the 6 hours with the guide, we get pretty much everything we want done.

You can also get night time entertainment. We've done fireworks or Fantasmic! or WOC or PTN. It is really nice to have seats for the shows.

That's exactly it. VIP allows you to do what you want when you want. And those seats can't be beat. If I ever have enough extra to do it, I'm totally going to.

Thank you so much for all your responses! My son really just wants his children to be able to ride the rides they really want to do, they are all making their lists already! Being able to see the nighttime shows in a VIP area is also a huge plus for them, especially the ones that are exclusive to California parks. With only 3 days at the parks I think he really feels having a guide for 1 of those days will be a huge help to them.
Malcom 10t loved the pictures!
Be aware, the non-fastpass rides do change from time to time. This is a list from a few months ago of the rides VIP guides have access to.

The Follow Attractions offer FASTPASS Access:

Disneyland® Park:

• Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • “it’s a small world”
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Disney California Adventure® Park

• Soarin’ Over the World
  • Incredicoaster
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Goofy’s Sky School
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT!
The Following Character Meet-N-Greets are offered:

• Disney Princesses at the Fantasy Faire
  • Meet Mickey at Mickey’s House
  • Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome
  • Launch Bay
The following selected Non-Fastpass attractions would also be offered for preferred access:

Disneyland® Park:

• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Gadget’s Go Coaster
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Snow White’s Scary Adventure
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Autopia
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Disney California Adventure® Park:

• Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Jumpin Jellyfish
  • The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round
  • Flik’s Flyers
  • Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
  • Tuck & Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies
  • Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
We have also been expedited to Minnie's House.

Be aware, the non-fastpass rides do change from time to time. This is a list from a few months ago of the rides VIP guides have access to.

The Follow Attractions offer FASTPASS Access:

Disneyland® Park:

• Splash Mountain
  • Space Mountain
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • “it’s a small world”
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Disney California Adventure® Park

• Soarin’ Over the World
  • Incredicoaster
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Goofy’s Sky School
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT!
The Following Character Meet-N-Greets are offered:

• Disney Princesses at the Fantasy Faire
  • Meet Mickey at Mickey’s House
  • Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome
  • Launch Bay
The following selected Non-Fastpass attractions would also be offered for preferred access:

Disneyland® Park:

• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Gadget’s Go Coaster
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Snow White’s Scary Adventure
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Autopia
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Disney California Adventure® Park:

• Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Jumpin Jellyfish
  • The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round
  • Flik’s Flyers
  • Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
  • Tuck & Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies
  • Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
We have also been expedited to Minnie's House.
Thank you for the list. At least it will give him a general idea of what to expec! I know the trip is a year away, but they are exited to se everything!

Will they take you through the exit on non-FP attractions?
On the above list of non-FP rides, they usually take you thru the exit. For example, Dumbo, there is a side gate, On Mater's they take you in an area that meets up where the grouper send you in. Jungle Cruise, you enter at the exit.

On the above list of non-FP rides, they usually take you thru the exit. For example, Dumbo, there is a side gate, On Mater's they take you in an area that meets up where the grouper send you in. Jungle Cruise, you enter at the exit.

Any chance they bend the rules and do Peter/Alice?

They change things around every now and then. My last trip, the guide called ahead and scheduled us for Peter. We have been able to do Alice in the past. If they can't, what guides have done is put us on one ride, like Dumbo, then they jump in line for Alice and we join them there and they allow us to join the guide at the front.

Another benefit is that when you eat, they can get you a table. They can make reservations for you, or if you just want to do TS, they can scope out a good table for you while you get your food. We enjoyed sitting and talking with our plaid while we had lunch, although sometimes they use this time, or time while you're on the rides, to take a bathroom or water break.

Ours was also able to get us up with the captain in the Mark Twain, where the kids got to "steer" the boat. Our plaid rode most of the rides with us, although they're not allowed to do water rides because they can't be wet. It was really fun seeing the ride photos of us with the plaid on rides like Space, etc. (Ours made great faces!)

You can definitely get more done on the VIP than you can with Max Pass.

Another reason I really liked having the VIP was because we NEVER eat breakfast in the parks because we're always wanting to do those first couple of hours when lines are shorter on attractions. With the VIP tour, we didn't worry about that. We scheduled our tour for 10 AM, had a leisurely breakfast at CC, rode a few things that weren't on the tour, then met up with him. And the views of fireworks and F! are great.

Only downside I saw (other than cost) was that we were flying through the attractions so fast that I was dead tired by the time we were done! You never realize how much rest time you get standing in lines! We did everything we wanted to do in both parks, including several headliners multiple times.

Both were part of our VIP Tour in June :goodvibes
Storybook Canal Boat was also included, another attraction that is not always available to tours.

The line for Peter Pan has been changed, so VIP Tour groups can merge into the regular line rather than loading through the exit.

The recent renovation to Dumbo has improved VIP Tour access. All guests now stand on numbered markers just before loading, each number represents your assigned Dumbo. Tour groups now join the regular line on these markers, rather than loading through the exit.

Another benefit is that when you eat, they can get you a table. They can make reservations for you, or if you just want to do TS, they can scope out a good table for you while you get your food. We enjoyed sitting and talking with our plaid while we had lunch, although sometimes they use this time, or time while you're on the rides, to take a bathroom or water break.

Ours was also able to get us up with the captain in the Mark Twain, where the kids got to "steer" the boat. Our plaid rode most of the rides with us, although they're not allowed to do water rides because they can't be wet. It was really fun seeing the ride photos of us with the plaid on rides like Space, etc. (Ours made great faces!)

You can definitely get more done on the VIP than you can with Max Pass.

Another reason I really liked having the VIP was because we NEVER eat breakfast in the parks because we're always wanting to do those first couple of hours when lines are shorter on attractions. With the VIP tour, we didn't worry about that. We scheduled our tour for 10 AM, had a leisurely breakfast at CC, rode a few things that weren't on the tour, then met up with him. And the views of fireworks and F! are great.

Only downside I saw (other than cost) was that we were flying through the attractions so fast that I was dead tired by the time we were done! You never realize how much rest time you get standing in lines! We did everything we wanted to do in both parks, including several headliners multiple times.
We've had guides call ahead when we go to a counter service, and we arrive to find tables with "RESERVED" waiting for us.

Our plaids usually ride everything except Grizzly.

Nonsuch, did you ask for Alice,PP and Canal boat or were they on the list the VIP Center gave you? Booked a Tour for our october trip :dogdance:and would love to ride PP and CB. We want to have lunch at The Plaza during our tour, should I call or is it early enough if I tell our guide in the morning? And... What about tipping? I read different posts about it so I would love some input from someone who did a tour recently.

Nonsuch, did you ask for Alice,PP and Canal boat or were they on the list the VIP Center gave you? Booked a Tour for our october trip :dogdance:and would love to ride PP and CB. We want to have lunch at The Plaza during our tour, should I call or is it early enough if I tell our guide in the morning? And... What about tipping? I read different posts about it so I would love some input from someone who did a tour recently.
On our June tour, Alice and Peter were available. The list I was given was from someone who had never done a tour for their tour in July. I don't think it was completely accurate since I had just done Peter and Alice 2 weeks prior. I don't normally get a list, as we are "frequent" tourers.... As for lunch, don't worry about it. When you are ready for lunch, your guide can call and get tables set up. S/he can hold them and will make sure you have everything you need.

I generally tip $150-200 a guide. I love our regular guides, they can really make our day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter