VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Just back from our third visit to VB. They are still not allowing prescription glasses on krakatoa, even with securing straps. Seems odd that rip ride rocket can do it but this overglorified slip n slide can't.

This is probably my biggest complaint. They never made me take off my glasses off for Krakatau though. They even let me keep my shoes/flip flops on. I only had to take mine off for the large raft rides, Maku, Puihi, Honu, & Ika Moana. We didn't do any body or mat slides or the tube slides. I keep kicking the team member at the end with the raft, because I can't judge where he is:sad2:

They won't allow you to wear prescription glasses on some of the slides?!? I'm glad you guys posted this, i haven't heard about it...DD wears glasses so i guess we'll have to put them in a locker.

Can anyone please help me with info on the family cabanas? Location and a picture of it would be awesome.. I rented one out next week and I have no idea what I'm getting..

Hi everybody...I have been floating around different review sites and blogs and found out something someone posted. This woman booked a cabana last month before they stopped selling them. She is scheduled to be at VB next week. She received a notice from Universal that her cabana will not be available and gave her a refund. If anybody has rented a cabana just be on the look out for an email or call about it. It sounds like they are struggling to get them finished. It sounds like it is the river village and rainforest village cabanas in a certain area that are not finished.

Also I sent a very nice letter to guest services about what I have been hearing on these boards and other review sites. I thought it would be a nice way to give them some feedback in a courteous productive way. Well today I received a phone call from a woman at Universal to discuss my email. She was very nice and wanted me to know that they are taking all comments and documenting them for the upper management to see. We spoke awhile and I gave her some other things as to why I thought people are upset. She was very sweet and listened and gave answers as best as she could. I appreciated the call but did not ask for one. Universal does still have great customer service and take their guests visits seriously. I was telling her that I will be there in late July and that I purchased EP before they stopped selling them and she said even though they are not selling them for VB they will honor ones that were purchased.

She did say that I think they didn't realize how tight the space is and how much things would back up to I-4 as far as the noise with some of the cabanas that people reported. She says they are working day and night still to try and remedy as many problems as fast as they can.

Have a great day!:)

Hi everybody...I have been floating around different review sites and blogs and found out something someone posted. This woman booked a cabana last month before they stopped selling them. She is scheduled to be at VB next week. She received a notice from Universal that her cabana will not be available and gave her a refund. If anybody has rented a cabana just be on the look out for an email or call about it. It sounds like they are struggling to get them finished. It sounds like it is the river village and rainforest village cabanas in a certain area that are not finished.

Also I sent a very nice letter to guest services about what I have been hearing on these boards and other review sites. I thought it would be a nice way to give them some feedback in a courteous productive way. Well today I received a phone call from a woman at Universal to discuss my email. She was very nice and wanted me to know that they are taking all comments and documenting them for the upper management to see. We spoke awhile and I gave her some other things as to why I thought people are upset. She was very sweet and listened and gave answers as best as she could. I appreciated the call but did not ask for one. Universal does still have great customer service and take their guests visits seriously. I was telling her that I will be there in late July and that I purchased EP before they stopped selling them and she said even though they are not selling them for VB they will honor ones that were purchased.

She did say that I think they didn't realize how tight the space is and how much things would back up to I-4 as far as the noise with some of the cabanas that people reported. She says they are working day and night still to try and remedy as many problems as fast as they can.

Thanks for posting and taking the time to address Universal with your concerns! We'll be at VB on June 27th., and have a cabana at Wave Village rented, along with EPs for us as well. I guess all that advanced planning and pre-purchasing passes, etc was worth it.

Thanks for posting and taking the time to address Universal with your concerns! We'll be at VB on June 27th., and have a cabana at Wave Village rented, along with EPs for us as well. I guess all that advanced planning and pre-purchasing passes, etc was worth it.

Hi Your welcome and thank you! I agree with all the pre-planning and purchasing was the best thing we did. I think it is really going to make a difference when we visit. I have to thank the dissers because without this forum and all the great members we wouldn't have this information. We were very fortunate that we had this heads up about everything and could pre-plan, most of the people visiting there don't utilize these forums. ( Well the dark side anyways LOL!!!)

I hope your trip goes well and look forward to hearing you report. Also my cabana is in the wave village also:)

Glad to hear it.........

Nothing worse than being a hotel guest and not being able to park in the hotel lot..........I hope they implement a hotel guest only rule for CBay.

Was reading on another forum over the weekend that they are no longer allowing people to enter the CBBR lot unless they have a room key for CBBR.

They won't allow you to wear prescription glasses on some of the slides?!? I'm glad you guys posted this, i haven't heard about it...DD wears glasses so i guess we'll have to put them in a locker.

They just make you take them off and hold them. You can still "take" them on the slide, but you can't wear them. I wouldn't even be able to walk around safely without my prescription glasses. Both DS and I wear them, and all but once on the raft slides, they made us hold them. We never had to remove for Krakatau coaster though. She may be fine just holding onto them, or you holding them for her.

When we were getting out premium seating on the second day at the Rainforest Concierge, there was a family whose cabana wasn't ready. I felt really bad for them. They at least had been informed ahead of time. I guess they were getting a $200 credit that could be used at any of the parks or hotels, and I assume a full refund. I don't know what kind of cabana they had rented though.

Thanks :)I hope that continues I will be staying there next month and would not be happy if there was overcrowding in the lot because of that.

They advertise it as a perk on the website, so they really should bar others from using it.

Bobbie we all appreciate that you are sharing the info

This is why the boards and UO forums work well

We help each other out

UO has always been great to make personal calls to those that contct them detailed info by a live employee is beneficial for all

Just back from our third visit to VB. They are still not allowing prescription glasses on krakatoa, even with securing straps. Seems odd that rip ride rocket can do it but this overglorified slip n slide can't.
Do you know if you can put your glasses in a lanyard pouch and wear them around your neck on the ride? Thanks

Anyone know if the tickets are able to be cancelled/refunded? We're planning on visiting in September and want to secure the prices (just in case of increase) but that is also a few months away to be set in stone.

Also, are you not allowed to swim near the waterfall? Or is this a line to show that more advanced swimmers are meant past this point?

2n601K1.png

Last edited:
Something like croakies do you think?

Is that a brand? I'm not sure what kind they are, but the ride attendants at rip ride rocket let me wear my glasses with them, and the water slide wouldn't. It's really ridiculous.

They just make you take them off and hold them. You can still "take" them on the slide, but you can't wear them. I wouldn't even be able to walk around safely without my prescription glasses. Both DS and I wear them, and all but once on the raft slides, they made us hold them. We never had to remove for Krakatau coaster though. She may be fine just holding onto them, or you holding them for her.

Ok, thanks!

Do you know if you can put your glasses in a lanyard pouch and wear them around your neck on the ride? Thanks

I don't think they will allow this. You will probably have to hold them or the pouch in your hand. However, I am not sure about this.

Something like croakies do you think?

DS and I actually have Croakie branded straps that are pretty tight on our heads and were still required to remove them and hold them during the raft slides.

Anyone know if the tickets are able to be cancelled/refunded? We're planning on visiting in September and want to secure the prices (just in case of increase) but that is also a few months away to be set in stone.

Also, are you not allowed to swim near the waterfall? Or is this a line to show that more advanced swimmers are meant past this point?

2n601K1.png

I think there are only 2 seasons: low and anytime. So the tickets are not dated. However, they probably have some expiration, maybe a year or more out:confused3 Tickets are technically non-refundable.

They don't want people near the waterfall. The lifeguards will blow their whistles at you if you cross the line. At least for kids they will; I didn't see any adults cross it.

For those who've had the premium seating - how was the lock box? I've heard a rumour that it doesn't have an actual lock (it's just a box that closes), which kind of defeats the point if you ask me, so I'm hoping that that's not true!

For those who've had the premium seating - how was the lock box? I've heard a rumour that it doesn't have an actual lock (it's just a box that closes), which kind of defeats the point if you ask me, so I'm hoping that that's not true!

No, it actually locks. The first day, it just had a combination lock. On our second day, they replace the combi lock with one that worked with the Tapu. It was a clear plug thing. You would push it down with your Tapu face on it, and it would lock. To unlock, you would push it down again with the same Tapu. I had an expensive camera that I wanted to lock up, so I absolutely needed a locker. It was a good size box too. I was able to fit my big DSLR with decent size lens, 2 smart phones, 2 Kindles, a small water camera, a Go Pro with a short stick, and a small wallet with about 1/3 to half the room to spare. I did have to stack some things. My only complaint is that we needed a separate table. We would use the lock box as a table but kept having to remove stuff to get in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter