VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So much excitement at MK today with the bear. I think it was looking for the WL and got lost lol
Perhaps it hoped to audition for the “new” Country Bears show
Our DS Casey was telling us about it at lunch. I asked him, wonder if Big AL escaped and said he wouldn't be back if Blood on the Saddle wasn't a feature song anymore:rotfl2:

Our DS Casey was telling us about it at lunch. I asked him, wonder if Big AL escaped and said he wouldn't be back if Blood on the Saddle wasn't a feature song anymore:rotfl2:
I think you're onto something there.
By the way, I'm going to be upset if they just change the word from blood to mud. Looking forward to a whole new show with Big Al pranking the show :)

I think you're onto something there.
By the way, I'm going to be upset if they just change the word from blood to mud. Looking forward to a whole new show with Big Al pranking the show :)
I asked Casey, wonder if Big AL was telling everyone from high up that tree to stay of the grass(like he keeps saying in the movie):teeth:

Does anyone here walk reservations? I’m very frustrated because I’m trying to book BCV for April, and it’s obvious that I am dealing with people walking their reservations. Just venting >:(

Does anyone here walk reservations? I’m very frustrated because I’m trying to book BCV for April, and it’s obvious that I am dealing with people walking their reservations. Just venting >:(
April is the 7 month window and BCV is super popular during that time. I highly doubt lack of availability is due to walking alone. We’ve owned DVC for 20 years and have never been successful booking there.

I fully understand your frustration. To book Jambo value rooms we encounter the walkers all the time, it's clear many are doing so for months and months. I've walked to get club level and value rooms, but the risk is that you can encounter random days rooms are out of service, leaving your efforts null and void.

I have it on good word from a cast member that some of the walkers are habitual renters and there is a way for them to secure their walk-lock and divide off reservations using other points. It's totally not an even playing field for those of us working with small contracts.

Last edited:
I have walked a few times over the 10+ years or whatever online booking has existed. Not 7 months though - that's would be a crap shoot as the thing is that there might be 1 room of that type left. And at 7 months it's difficult to say that it isn't owners at the resort that have moved the reservation elsewhere and cancelled what they had at their home resort.
I have done quite a bit of picking up the pieces that walkers leave behind though. :) Sorry you're having issues getting what you would like.

I have done quite a bit of picking up the pieces that walkers leave behind though. :) Sorry you're having issues getting what you would like.

This is how I secure my hard to get reservations these days. Keep a flexible calendar and pick up those pieces one day at a time as they're released by the walkers.

I fully understand your frustration. To book Jambo value rooms we encounter the walkers all the time, it's clear many are doing so for months and months.

I have it on good word from a cast member that some of the walkers are habitual renters and there is a way for them to secure their walk-lock and divide off reservations using other points. It's totally not an even playing field for those of us working with small contracts.
Twinklebug I'm feeling like that was a CM making some guesses. Splitting a lock-off after booking? Virtually impossible unless it was the CM themselves doing that with their points.

I'm currently going thru something with DVC based on a CM's quick glance at something. They are so off base it's laughable but they think they're onto something somehow nefarious. (Selling contracts. I haven't sold a thing since 2011 but they "feel" like there's something going on. It was DVC's own fault with having to rewrite contracts and the way the admin department handle that by deleting and creating new contract numbers. Now their moving onto full scrutiny of the membership just because they can although no, they haven't actually done or found anything). Clueless is frankly the word I have for them. I'm actually concerned their cluelessness is going to compromise our upcoming visits. So sorry but CM's make stuff up. And yes I'm pissed right now too.

Last edited:
Twinklebug I'm feeling like that was a CM making some guesses. Splitting a lock-off after booking? Virtually impossible unless it was the CM themselves doing that with their points.

I'm currently going thru something with DVC based on a CM's quick glance at something. They are so off base it's laughable but they think they're onto something somehow nefarious. (Selling contracts. I haven't sold a thing since 2011 but they "feel" like there's something going on. It was DVC's own fault with having to rewrite contracts and the way the admin department handle that by deleting and creating new contract numbers. Now their moving onto full scrutiny of the membership just because they can although no, they haven't actually done or found anything). Clueless is frankly the word I have for them. I'm actually concerned their cluelessness is going to compromise our upcoming visits. So sorry but CM's make stuff up. And yes I'm pissed right now too.
I'm sorry you're going through that. It's hard enough dealing with the system without cast members making it more difficult.

You might be right, and it's my suspicion too that now days it's near impossible to split off a walking reservation and keep walking, however back in 2020 I did just this. Like many I had my points returned to my account and had too many to work with for my needs, I secured a Club Level reservation (that was later canceled) but in doing so I kept on walking the room to my birthday (which I kept). It was interesting seeing two bookings on my account both for CL. (Honestly, I wanted BRV but it was unavailable.)

Can we add DVC phone cast members to the list of Bus drivers and Boat skippers to those who design and perpetuate rumors?

Last edited:
I'm sorry you're going through that. It's hard enough dealing with the system without cast members making it more difficult.

You might be right, and it's my suspicion too that now days it's near impossible to split off a walking reservation and keep walking, however back in 2020 I did just this. Like many I had my points returned to my account and had too many to work with for my needs, I secured a Club Level reservation (that was later canceled) but in doing so I kept on walking the room to my birthday (which I kept). It was interesting seeing two bookings on my account both for CL. (Honestly, I wanted BRV but it was unavailable.)

Can we add DVC phone cast members to the list of Bus drivers and Boat skippers to those who design and perpetuate rumors?
Did you do it all yourself online? I've got a habit of checking back on things I've just cancelled and most of the time some or all of the days are gone already. 2020 was certainly an anomaly. I've gotten and then cancelled Concierge 3 or maybe even 4 times. One was a random pick up from somebody else cancelling but I later realized it wasn't actually the location I wanted to stay. One was cancelled because of the 2020 shut down. It's probably another cause for concern with DVC - "why does she cancel concierge and stay someplace else? Must be something up with that. We will investigate!". :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think they might have hired bus drivers and boat skippers for DVC!

Did you do it all yourself online? I've got a habit of checking back on things I've just cancelled and most of the time some or all of the days are gone already. 2020 was certainly an anomaly. I've gotten and then cancelled Concierge 3 or maybe even 4 times. One was a random pick up from somebody else cancelling but I later realized it wasn't actually the location I wanted to stay. One was cancelled because of the 2020 shut down. It's probably another cause for concern with DVC - "why does she cancel concierge and stay someplace else? Must be something up with that. We will investigate!". :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think they might have hired bus drivers and boat skippers for DVC!
Yes, I did it myself online, but for the life of me I cannot tell you how I did it. 😂
I knew the system like the back of my hand, but apparently decided that info was not important enough to retain.

Watching how the software takes and display rooms as we cancel them, there is a delay from when we release a room to when it shows back up for booking - something like 2-10 minutes. I thought it might have something to do with searching the waitlists but that's a very quick process if the system is designed properly, in which case it should take seconds, not minutes.

Last edited:
April is the 7 month window and BCV is super popular during that time. I highly doubt lack of availability is due to walking alone. We’ve owned DVC for 20 years and have never been successful booking there.
We have generally always been able to secure reservations at BCV @ 7 months. I agree that it is very popular, especially at that time, but each day this week before 8:00 AM, the current day is available, then at 8:00 it disappears….that signifies walkers imo lol.

Yes! As a previous CM, I can absolutely tell you that Disney hoards information--it's their top currency. Most CMs only know what they've been told--which is often little to nothing--or they make educated guesses based on what they see going on. . .which doesn't mean they're correct as often they are not. pirate:

I just read on the WL thread that they are getting rid of the music???? Say it ain’t so. I still haven’t gotten over the change in the music at the Seas. But this is too much.
I just read that, too. Not sure what to make of that just yet, whether they've really changed the music permanently or just temporarily. If they have gone away from the Lodge music, this will be yet another nail in the proverbial coffin for my relationship with DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter