• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

So my question is, what happens if you purchase from a 3rd party site?
If you purchase now, you will receive MYW tickets that don’t fall under this new structuring.

If you wait, they’ll then begin selling these new Theme Park tickets with new ticket usage rules.

If you purchase now, you will receive MYW tickets that don’t fall under this new structuring.

If you wait, they’ll then begin selling these new Theme Park tickets with new ticket usage rules.

OK, but if we buy the tickets now from a reseller (which will be the old MYW tickets), will they still work for our trip next July?

My mom is schedule to come with us for 3 days of our trip. Right now tickets on UCT are $309. Disney's new ticket price is $323 after tax for one person but it looks like it would have been $346 after tax the old ticket price. I'm guessing she should wait until UCT starts offering their new tickets because I assume it will be less than $309 for her days?

I am wondering if I missed something. We have a bounceback for this coming aug 2019 booked. I was comparing prices before and after this change. Currently have POR, but I have been going back and forth thinking of switching to AoA. I noticed POR gives me the option of a 10 day ticket, but AoA only up to 9days. Checked other hotels for my dates and it seems mod and Deluxe give 10 day options, but value only up to 9 day ticket options. A bug perhaps? Or is this a new change too?
So far POR as of today is $42 cheaper then what we have reserved. Ticket prices for our dates went down.

I am wondering if I missed something. We have a bounceback for this coming aug 2019 booked. I was comparing prices before and after this change. Currently have POR, but I have been going back and forth thinking of switching to AoA. I noticed POR gives me the option of a 10 day ticket, but AoA only up to 9days. Checked other hotels for my dates and it seems mod and Deluxe give 10 day options, but value only up to 9 day ticket options. A bug perhaps? Or is this a new change too?
Could be a bug. You might want to call on that one.

@rteetz
Is it possible to start some questions that can be added to the FAQ page, but don't have answers yet?
Some important things that maybe someone can get answers to

How will length of ticket valid use period and resort stay work with concurrent split stays? And non-concurrent ones?
Will it still be possible to activate package tickets prior to check in/arrival?
Will tickets purchased separately still be valid use period for length of stay (same as packages)?

TA webinar stated that for split stays put a longer ticket in the first stay that will carry over to the second stay. Valid dates will be for the TICKET itself since it's longer than the first resort stay. Ticket will NOT be valid for the length of both stays. For example first stay is at Pop Century for 2 nights - purchase a 7 day ticket with that first package stay - check into another resort on or off site after checking out from Pop. In this case a 7 day ticket in this 2 night package OR purchased separately is valid for up to 10 days.

Can no longer activate a package ticket before check in. This is a biggie for lots of people!

Tickets purchased separately will only have the validity of that separate ticket, only tickets purchased in a package are valid for length of stay.

I wouldn't read into the calendar yet.

I am 100% with you .... but tell that to WDWNT:

Based on ticket pricing updates made today for Walt Disney World, we have a good guess at when we will first be able to visit Batuu at Disney’s Hollywood Studios ... As of today, Walt Disney World theme park tickets can be purchased through December 16th, 2019. Based on this and current internal rumblings, it seems very likely that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios between December 17th and December 20th, 2019, the last days of Fall.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/rumor-sta...fter-december-16th-2019-at-walt-disney-world/

I am 100% with you .... but tell that to WDWNT:

Based on ticket pricing updates made today for Walt Disney World, we have a good guess at when we will first be able to visit Batuu at Disney’s Hollywood Studios ... As of today, Walt Disney World theme park tickets can be purchased through December 16th, 2019. Based on this and current internal rumblings, it seems very likely that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios between December 17th and December 20th, 2019, the last days of Fall.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/rumor-sta...fter-december-16th-2019-at-walt-disney-world/
We are 425 days out from that time frame yet. I highly doubt Disney is passing around a hard date internally for SWGE. There could still be construction delays that could pop up this far out.

TA webinar stated that for split stays put a longer ticket in the first stay that will carry over to the second stay. Valid dates will be for the TICKET itself since it's longer than the first resort stay. Ticket will NOT be valid for the length of both stays. For example first stay is at Pop Century for 2 nights - purchase a 7 day ticket with that first package stay - check into another resort on or off site after checking out from Pop. In this case a 7 day ticket in this 2 night package OR purchased separately is valid for up to 10 days.

Can no longer activate a package ticket before check in. This is a biggie for lots of people!

Tickets purchased separately will only have the validity of that separate ticket, only tickets purchased in a package are valid for length of stay.
So split stays will not get you the full length of stay? Ouch.
And I never booked packages, only room only, so again screwed there. Double ouch.

Last edited:
While tickets from Disney for my dates (1/25-2/1) for 8 day parkhoppers did go down from $500 to $494.44, it was still cheaper to get them from UT for $485.34 a piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter