Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

So I looked up same room and ticket package we have booked- it’s up 66 dollars total whereas if you price tickets by themselves it’s 160 more

So I looked up same room and ticket package we have booked- it’s up 66 dollars total whereas if you price tickets by themselves it’s 160 more
Weird thing, I just posted a thread in the Resorts area, I priced out a package vs. room only with same tickets added. Room only with tickets was cheaper than the package, everything was the same otherwise. $159 cheaper al a carte

View attachment 358816 Here’s my question. The idea is that more popular days will be a higher price correct?? Like holidays and during sports events.

I’ve checked on WWOS and there is nothing actually happening during our stay. There are cheer competitions the weekend before and some other competitions the start Saturday after we leave and President’s is the following Monday. But nothing should be going on during our stay.

The Monday through Friday we are there are now, with the change, the highest priced days of the entire month(February).

Should we plan for high crowds, since it’s my understanding that the more expensive the day the busier Disney thinks it will be??

We’ve already purchased our tickets before the change and booked through David’s dvc rental, so it is what it is and we can’t change our current plans. I just want to make sure I fully understand it all, as well as be prepared for anything.
Valentine's Day is Feb 14th.

It’ll be a regular ticket upgrade to add a day at a ticket window.

Yeah, I figured it'd be possible to do at the window; I was just wondering about the pricing aspect because I thought the wording about changes needing to be made in advance might open up the possibility of having a different (higher) rate for that new day than you had for the previous days.

Am I looking at the numbers wrong, Ryan, or anyone? It seems that there is a huge difference in the daily pricing between the shorter (let's say 5 days), vs. the longer, (let's say 10 days). I know very well that the daily price has always dropped, but seems huge now. A 5 day, no hopper, early May next year, $403 plus tax. 10 day, same time period, $454 plus tax, only $51 additional. Maybe it's always been so minimal, but just seems minimal to me looking at the numbers. :confused3
On October 16th, 2018 Walt Disney World moved to a new date based ticket pricing system. This means ticket prices can be different based on the day you are visiting the parks.

This video gives a preview of how the system will work.

Like before, tickets may be purchased on DisneyWorld.com, in the My Disney Experience app, over the phone, upon arrival at any of our four parks or through authorized travel professionals and ticket sellers. Guests can now access several new online planning tools including park offering overviews, travel tips from Disney Parks Moms Panelists and customized suggestions based on each guest’s personal preferences – helping them make more informed decisions on DisneyWorld.com.

The following posts will have more information on this new system as well as frequently asked questions.

This is a completely new way to purchase Disney tickets so it will be a learning curve. We are all in this together :)

View attachment 358816 Here’s my question. The idea is that more popular days will be a higher price correct?? Like holidays and during sports events.

I’ve checked on WWOS and there is nothing actually happening during our stay. There are cheer competitions the weekend before and some other competitions the start Saturday after we leave and President’s is the following Monday. But nothing should be going on during our stay.

The Monday through Friday we are there are now, with the change, the highest priced days of the entire month(February).

Should we plan for high crowds, since it’s my understanding that the more expensive the day the busier Disney thinks it will be??

We’ve already purchased our tickets before the change and booked through David’s dvc rental, so it is what it is and we can’t change our current plans. I just want to make sure I fully understand it all, as well as be prepared for anything.
Is it possible there is a school break in FL during that time? I’m guessing Disney has data that the week you are going will be higher crowds which is why they are pricing it higher. I wouldn’t expect crazy crowds but it seems higher than the base.
Or a convention or other event. WWOS isn't the only place that has them

Should be Presidents day near there too

it's the 18th, which is the following week and actually cheaper than the 11th

My school gets that Monday and Tuesday off (the 18th and 19th) - not sure about other districts though, if they get other dates off

Am I looking at the numbers wrong, Ryan, or anyone? It seems that there is a huge difference in the daily pricing between the shorter (let's say 5 days), vs. the longer, (let's say 10 days). I know very well that the daily price has always dropped, but seems huge now. A 5 day, no hopper, early May next year, $403 plus tax. 10 day, same time period, $454 plus tax, only $51 additional. Maybe it's always been so minimal, but just seems minimal to me looking at the numbers. :confused3
I believe it’s always been roughly $50 additional.

Weird thing, I just posted a thread in the Resorts area, I priced out a package vs. room only with same tickets added. Room only with tickets was cheaper than the package, everything was the same otherwise. $159 cheaper al a carte
Well this was price I paid last week compared to new prices this week.

Don’t believe any special discounts it’s for oct 20-27 2019!

it's the 18th, which is the following week and actually cheaper than the 11th

My school gets that Monday and Tuesday off (the 18th and 19th) - not sure about other districts though, if they get other dates off

My DD's school gets the Friday (before President's Day) and Monday off.

Well. Despite prevailing wisdom, looks like I should have waited to buy my Feb 4-8 park tickets. Could have saved a bit. Ah well, Monday morning quarterbacking. I can't help but wonder if a little bit of the urging to buy before the change in the system was partly just travel agents and ticket sellers strategy to get people to buy. Whatever. Not a great loss, but could have bought another Epcot IFOA designer snack.

That's the week we were there last year and it was insanely busy. There was a lot of hulabaloo on here about Disney messing with wait times, but in all our trips in February, it just felt busy for whatever reason. Early President's day crowds maybe?

Found this today, the new wording they've added to the reservation confirmation, for a package at least
Reservation email on the left was from today (I used the Change reservation option to add a day AND to add ME
Reservation email on the right was from last month
new%20ticket%20wording_1.jpg

Well. Despite prevailing wisdom, looks like I should have waited to buy my Feb 4-8 park tickets. Could have saved a bit. Ah well, Monday morning quarterbacking. I can't help but wonder if a little bit of the urging to buy before the change in the system was partly just travel agents and ticket sellers strategy to get people to buy. Whatever. Not a great loss, but could have bought another Epcot IFOA designer snack.

I lost $80 I think. Unless UCT starts giving less of a discount.

So glad I bought my tickets on UT. Saved over $200 for three 7 day park hoppers. We are going in June and the prices went up significantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter