Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, worked for me last week. Be sure your reservation is linked in MDE and your park reservations are made as a resort guest, not a day ticket holder.
This brings up a point I hadn’t considered! Visiting via a conference and purchased/booked my park ticket before my hotel reservation confirmation was available to link. Hotel is now linked in MDE but should I be taking other action for my tickets to be associated with the resort? Thanks in advance!

Not that I am going anytime soon, but to make it clear to me, you can buy an LL for individual, specific attractions without first buying the G+?
Correct only the top tier rides offer individual LL purchases on an individual basis and now have a variable fee.

Examples: The rides with Individual Lightning Lanes at Disney World are:
  • Magic Kingdom — Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
  • Hollywood Studios — Rise of the Resistance.
  • Animal Kingdom — Avatar Flight of Passage.
  • Epcot — Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind (Epcot)
Dave

Correct only the top tier rides offer individual LL purchases on an individual basis and now have a variable fee.

Examples: The rides with Individual Lightning Lanes at Disney World are:
  • Magic Kingdom — Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
  • Hollywood Studios — Rise of the Resistance.
  • Animal Kingdom — Avatar Flight of Passage.
  • Epcot — Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind (Epcot)
Dave
Thanks, Dave.

A resort that accomadates 5 but only has room for 4
The DVC way to vacay .
Never made any sense to me no matter how you want to interpret.
That is just you spreading your misinformation. Plenty of DVC villas that sleep 5 and more.

Thanks for sharing Dan. But Wow, not even a full year with our hiking prices on the Diaper++ Genie++ System++.

mickey-bend-over.jpg

This brings up a point I hadn’t considered! Visiting via a conference and purchased/booked my park ticket before my hotel reservation confirmation was available to link. Hotel is now linked in MDE but should I be taking other action for my tickets to be associated with the resort? Thanks in advance!

Not exactly sure how it works for date-based tickets, but APs have to specify whether they are resort guests or day trippers when they make park reservations. Hopefully someone with recent experience with date-based tickets can chime in here.

I did have an issue this last trip, where Disney had revamped their park reservation system and converted all my old park res’s incorrectly when transferring them over To the new system. I was unable to book LLs at 7:00 my first morning. The Blue Umbrella Guest Experience Team straightened it all out and said they’d been seeing that a lot. They are great and will be able to help you if you encounter any problems with Genie+.

Good morning, all! I wondered if anyone here has stayed at the Swan Reserve, and booked dining recently? I booked dining for someone staying at the Dolphin a few weeks ago, and the 60+10 rule worked beautifully. Should I expect the same for someone staying at Swan Reserve? The hotel reservation already fell off their MDE once, so I had to link the reservation for a second time. On their ADR day, I'll make sure that the reservation is still linked. I guess I'm hoping to hear of some positive reports from people staying at the Reserve. Thank you!!

When booking the Dolphin through a 3rd party (we used Capital One travel) who do I call to get the reservation number to link to MDE?

@CJK I think you'll really like SR - it's smaller but the reports here were positive. Though it does seem to be more business focused as a hotel.

@stitchfan18 call direct 407-934-4000 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM) and ask for In-House Reservations

When booking the Dolphin through a 3rd party (we used Capital One travel) who do I call to get the reservation number to link to MDE?
When we went through AAA for ours, we had the confirmation number from Disney and a few days after we were able to link it to MDE. To link the tickets though we needed to call Disney and they added a Park Planning Pass to our MDE so we can make reservations for the parks since we won't get the tickets until we get there.

Can someone confirm my understanding of this could work for our next trip?
  • We are staying at the Dolphin
  • MB will NOT unlock resort room door
    • Marriott app WILL unlock resort room door
  • MB will NOT allow us to charge merch/food in parks to my resort bill
    • Magic Mobile (phone) WILL allow us to charge merch/food in parks to a credit card associated with My Disney Experience account
  • MB WILL allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Magic Mobile (phone) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Physical card (ticket) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
  • MB+ WILL allow us to do the interactive features in park
We have two teens going with us and I expect we may be doing separate things at some point so I want to be sure they are empowered.

Thanking in advance!

Can someone confirm my understanding of this could work for our next trip?
  • We are staying at the Dolphin
  • MB will NOT unlock resort room door
    • Marriott app WILL unlock resort room door
  • MB will NOT allow us to charge merch/food in parks to my resort bill
    • Magic Mobile (phone) WILL allow us to charge merch/food in parks to a credit card associated with My Disney Experience account
  • MB WILL allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Magic Mobile (phone) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
    • Physical card (ticket) will also allow us to get into the parks, tap in at lightning lanes
  • MB+ WILL allow us to do the interactive features in park
We have two teens going with us and I expect we may be doing separate things at some point so I want to be sure they are empowered.

Thanking in advance!
Close. No MB or Magic Mobile charging in the parks. So, no park charging at all.

As for teens charging away from you, you can give them a Disney gift card or an authorized user credit card if you don’t want to give them cash. If you only are doing it for the trip, just collect the credit card after the trip.

I was just looking at the Magic Mobile - and it says you can use it with Google Pay Wallet - which would charge directly to your credit card, right? I've never used it, so I don't know, but I would think you should be able to use this for places that take Google Pay... but... I may well be wrong.

I was just looking at the Magic Mobile - and it says you can use it with Google Pay Wallet - which would charge directly to your credit card, right? I've never used it, so I don't know, but I would think you should be able to use this for places that take Google Pay... but... I may well be wrong.
No charging privileges are afforded to off property guests, only disney hotels. Essentially magic mobile is a magic band on your phone so off property guests can access lightening lane and theme park entry but no access to charging anything since you are not staying at a disney resort. Payment is linked to your disney resort and what card you have on file with disney, not your app. We stay at swan/dolphin often and have never been able to use magic mobile to pay, we've tried as we use our apple watches for a lot. What you have in your phone's wallet app for payment is not accessed using magic mobile, instead magic mobile is only stored in your phone's wallet.

With MagicMobile enabled you can:
  • Use your phone/watch to tap into the theme parks
  • Use your phone/watch to tap into a Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane reservation
  • Pay for purchases at the WDW parks and resorts. -Guests of the WDW hotels only
  • Access virtual queues at Walt Disney World.
  • Scan into the theme park parking lots.
  • Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
  • Identify yourself to cast members at the front desk of your hotel.

You could still just use Google Wallet as a stand alone, same as you would use anywhere with any credit card, You just would not use the Magic Mobile app to act as an intermediary.

Quick Question for the Swan/Dolphin Experts,
My credit card is showing a charge of $280 (Westin - Swan), when I made the room reservation with my AP discount a deposit was not charged contrary to the wording according to the website. The 280 amount was not listed in the amounts to be charged for a deposit. Is this normal for the hotel? This charge also occurred about 3 weeks after making the reservation.

Thanks for any insight - tried to call Marriott, but the representative could not connect me to the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter