• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Want to Purchase Pillows

We took my Mom to OKW this past Sept. and she told me the next time she goes she is taking a pillow because she has never had such a great pillow. She is only joking of course, but I really, really would love to find her the right pillow and surprise her so if anyone finds out, please post!!!

I have been in search of the perfect pillow since staying at the Poly. I did buy similar pillow at JC Penneys and they are better but not WDW pillows. I also bought Beyond Indulgence at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are not even close. I just sleep so well with WDW pillows!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think I found the equivelent to the beds at SSR... I have been searching for the beds and pillows at SSR. I called every furniture store in our hometown today asking about the beds...Every store told me the same story about Sealy beds.... They don't carry the Encore Plush CSS (bed we slept in at SSR last week), but they do carry one equal to it...So, DH and I went to the store after work today, and as soon as I laid down - I felt like I was at SSR!:banana: Needless to say...I am going back tomorrow to purchase the bed - we came home to decide if we were going to get a king or queen size?? We are going to get the king size...Now I just have to find those pillows:love: !!!

We took my Mom to OKW this past Sept. and she told me the next time she goes she is taking a pillow because she has never had such a great pillow. She is only joking of course, but I really, really would love to find her the right pillow and surprise her so if anyone finds out, please post!!!

I came really, really close to taking one :lmao: I'll definitely post if I find out something from the company. I even asked if there was any way I could buy some from the factory that's near me if I can't find them anywhere else. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We just bought the Disney Resort Collection pillows and aren't real happy with them. They're really flat and don't have the "bouyancy" that the website/brochure advertise. I actually have to use it on top of my old pillow to be able to sleep on it! Before I bought my pillows, I actually called the BC to ask them specifically who to call, and they referred me to DRC. When I called DRC to ask them exactly which pillows were used at BC, they told me the Magic Gel pillow was what they have at BC. Unfortunately, no one told me that the pillows are not returnable (didn't see it on the website, either)! So, now we have 2 $35 pillows that we aren't really happy with :sad2: Don't know if I can convince DH to buy 2 more :confused3 Maybe I'll just ask the BC if I can buy their pillows off of them when we go next year :rolleyes:

Add me to the list people who LOVE these pillows. I bought at least 20 of them when JC Penney's was closing them out (stored in my attic now, guess I better make sure I don't post my address and trip planner at the same time or someone from the DIS may decide to break into my house! :rolleyes1 ) and also shipped a set to my in-law's house and sister's house for when we go to visit. When I first ordered the website for the manufacturer in TX sent me to the Penney's website for ordering, so yes, I believe the pillows (BN vs. BD) are the same. At WDW they put them in a pretty tight standard pillowcase which keeps them a little firmer. You can add a pillow cover to replicate that if you want. I thought it was pretty cheeky of WDW to be selling their "resort collection" for so much $$$$. On some mattress website it says the Encore mattress is pretty middle of the line.

What is the name of the Sealy mattress the pp found? I'd be interested in it too!!!!

When I first ordered the website for the manufacturer in TX sent me to the Penney's website for ordering, so yes, I believe the pillows (BN vs. BD) are the same. At WDW they put them in a pretty tight standard pillowcase which keeps them a little firmer.

When I first started looking for them, the manufacturer's web site listed both the Beyond Down and Beyond Nature, so they're definitely not the same, although they may be close. I did stuff my BD into the pillowcases like they do at the resorts, and it made a huge difference, so I may be able to get by with them. If not, I guess I'll have to try to order a case from the hotel supply place. :thumbsup2

Well, I purchased our new mattress today...It is a Sealy posturepedic Lilly Creek. I was told by several different furniture stores that Sealy beds have different "names" at each retailer...The sales lady and I researched until she found the mattress they carried to the equal of the Encore CSS at SSR. I also bought some new pillows at Sam's Club today. They are Spa Indulgence Rejuvenate Nightly European Down Pillows Hypoallergentic by restassured. They were $28.99 each. They are the closest thing I have found to SSR pillows. I am about to try the pillows out tonight, but the new mattress won't be here until Friday afternoon...:goodvibes

Does anybody know what the actual filling in the SSR pillows is? Down = feathers, right?

We stayed at AKV last week and loved the pillows. If anyone finds them please let us know. We love to buy some.

ok, so I, too, stuffed my pillow in the pillowcase and then tied the end of the pillowcase in a knot. It was a definite improvement! It needs a little tweaking, but it's quite doable. Thanks for the idea, everybody!

jamstew, if you buy a case and want to resell a couple, let me know as I'm still looking for those wonderful pillows too. I bought a couple of the pillows from BB&B and they are all right but still not as good as the ones at BCV.

Did anyone happen to notice what size the pillows were? I thought they were standard, but that may have been because they were so tightly stuffed. I know that I had either five or six on the bed, and I can't imagine being able to make queen pillows that small. If I end up ordering a case, I'd at least like them to be the right size :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Is anyone going to be there soon who could check?

ok, so I, too, stuffed my pillow in the pillowcase and then tied the end of the pillowcase in a knot. It was a definite improvement! It needs a little tweaking, but it's quite doable. Thanks for the idea, everybody!

I just tucked the ends of the pillowcase in really tightly. It stayed put overnight, and I re-stuffed and re-tucked when I made the bed this morning.

jamstew, if you buy a case and want to resell a couple, let me know as I'm still looking for those wonderful pillows too. I bought a couple of the pillows from BB&B and they are all right but still not as good as the ones at BCV.

I'm still hoping to hear from the manufacturer, but I'll post if I decide on a case. I have a double bed, so I'd be ordering the standard size. (I know I'm probably one of the few people left on the planet who sleeps in a double bed, but it's an antique!)

I just bought a couple king size Beyond Down pillows and hopefully they are as good as the SSR Beyond Nature. I'll report back. I ordered from BedBugCover.com . They have the best price plus free shipping. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter