• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Want to Purchase Pillows

Since I never got an answer from the manufacturer abount the Beyond Nature, I went ahead and got two more Beyond Down from Penney's. They were having a "buy one, get the second one for a penny" sale a couple of days ago. As I reported earlier (and others have as well), I stuff the pillows very tightly into a pillowcase and tuck them in, just like they do at the resorts. I'm definitely sleeping better :goodvibes

We are staying at HHI right now and I'm trying to figure out how or where I can purchase the resort pillows for Christmas. I have the "Disney Resort Collection" brochure that Disney provides in the room, but I'm not sure its really the same pillows. The tag on the pillows here say the style is "Beyond Nature" with a 100% polyester fill. I know these are the same as the pillows in at least some of the WDW resorts on property. We have down pillows at home, but these are softer and more supportive. Does anyone have any insights as to these "Beyond Nature" pillows? Has anyone purchased the Disney Resort Collection down alternative pillows? Thanks in advance. Mrs. MarkyMouse
I must have missed that when we were at HHI a few weeks ago. I remember thinking that the beds were super comfortable and that I loved the matress on our king bed, but I don't remember the pillows. DH has always wanted to buy one of the coffee tables, but apparently you can't. Maybe someday they'll show up on Mousesurplus

I know what you mean about the pillows, mine were in the VWL studios :rotfl2:

for $10. a piece I found ones at wal-mart that were so close to them it was not funny, so every night I have magical dreams....:banana:

I'm enjoying great nights' sleep, now that I stuffed my Disney Resort Collection (Wamsutta) pillow into the pillowcase. Almost as comfortable as at the Beach Club!

jamstew, if you buy a case and want to resell a couple, let me know as I'm still looking for those wonderful pillows too. I bought a couple of the pillows from BB&B and they are all right but still not as good as the ones at BCV.

Ditto!

This is so funny - we just got back last week and I also wanted to "borrow" the pillows for SSR. I am definitely going to look into getting a case of them. My question is, how do you tuck the pillowcase? I can't figure it out.

This is so funny - we just got back last week and I also wanted to "borrow" the pillows for SSR. I am definitely going to look into getting a case of them. My question is, how do you tuck the pillowcase? I can't figure it out.

I'm probably the last person you'd want to explain something, but I'll give it at shot. (I'm working with a standard size pillow in a standard pillowcase, and it may not work the same with larger pillows :confused3 )

1. Place pillow in pillowcase and shake it down as far as it will go (mine ends up about 2/3 of its original size).

2. Hold the back edge of the pillowcase and fold the front end in over the pillow, inside the case, tucking it down as far as it will go. The other edge will fold in against it.

3. Work the edges down inside themselves until they're smooth.

4. You'll end up with an almost square pillow

If this doesn't make sense or doesn't work, I'll volunteer to take a series of pictures, but I can't do it until Saturday since I'm leaving today to go pick up my DGS3 for a couple of days :goodvibes

Just got my Beyond Down kings yesterday. Great night sleep!

It stunk when I woke up and realized I wasn't at SSR. :rotfl2:

Just got my Beyond Down kings yesterday. Great night sleep!

It stunk when I woke up and realized I wasn't at SSR. :rotfl2:

So do you think the Beyond Down IS the same as the Beyond Nature pillow? Someone earlier on the thread said she could tell a difference - I was just wondering what your impressions were. I can't tell any difference and I am really very happy with my Beyond Down ones.

So do you think the Beyond Down IS the same as the Beyond Nature pillow? Someone earlier on the thread said she could tell a difference - I was just wondering what your impressions were. I can't tell any difference and I am really very happy with my Beyond Down ones.

I think I'm the one who said I could tell the difference, and they definitely aren't the same pillow since you can still get the Beyond Nature from the hotel supply place. Now that I've been sleeping on the Beyond Down for a while (and have them stuffed like they do at the resorts), I'm enjoying them a lot, and the difference doesn't seem to be significant. Hope this helps :goodvibes

I think I'm the one who said I could tell the difference, and they definitely aren't the same pillow since you can still get the Beyond Nature from the hotel supply place. Now that I've been sleeping on the Beyond Down for a while (and have them stuffed like they do at the resorts), I'm enjoying them a lot, and the difference doesn't seem to be significant. Hope this helps :goodvibes

Oh, duh - yes, it was you!!:rotfl: Sorry I didn't go back and check on that!!

Glad you are enjoying them!!

I couldn't say for sure if they are the same. They seem to "feel" the same to my wife and I and she is more than pleased with them.

I'm probably the last person you'd want to explain something, but I'll give it at shot. (I'm working with a standard size pillow in a standard pillowcase, and it may not work the same with larger pillows :confused3 )

1. Place pillow in pillowcase and shake it down as far as it will go (mine ends up about 2/3 of its original size).

2. Hold the back edge of the pillowcase and fold the front end in over the pillow, inside the case, tucking it down as far as it will go. The other edge will fold in against it.

3. Work the edges down inside themselves until they're smooth.

4. You'll end up with an almost square pillow

If this doesn't make sense or doesn't work, I'll volunteer to take a series of pictures, but I can't do it until Saturday since I'm leaving today to go pick up my DGS3 for a couple of days :goodvibes
Thanks - gonna try it and see if it works

I went to disney last yr in October 2008 and stayed at the beach club. I have been looking for these pillows since then. I just found this web site talking about the pillows. It's amazing I thought I was the only one interested in them. I read the past message about where to buy them. I may buy a case if I can sell a few of them. Would anyone be interested in buying some from me if I buy a case?

I went to disney last yr in October 2008 and stayed at the beach club. I have been looking for these pillows since then. I just found this web site talking about the pillows. It's amazing I thought I was the only one interested in them. I read the past message about where to buy them. I may buy a case if I can sell a few of them. Would anyone be interested in buying some from me if I buy a case?

LMK if they're JUST LIKE the BC pillows. If they are, I might be interested in a couple ;)

BTW, Welcome to the DIS!!! :welcome: We're all friends here, always willing to help each other out with information about Disney (and just about anything else you can think of! I just got info about stripping wallpaper--don't know where to look to find out about something...ask your friends on the DIS!).

jamstew, if you buy a case and want to resell a couple, let me know as I'm still looking for those wonderful pillows too. I bought a couple of the pillows from BB&B and they are all right but still not as good as the ones at BCV.

I am interested in buying 4 if someone is going to buy a case! If not, I'll try those "Beyond Down" ones from Penny's.

Did anyone happen to notice what size the pillows were? I thought they were standard, but that may have been because they were so tightly stuffed. I know that I had either five or six on the bed, and I can't imagine being able to make queen pillows that small. If I end up ordering a case, I'd at least like them to be the right size :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Is anyone going to be there soon who could check?

I know your question was posted a while ago, but we are headed to SSR on the 20th, I can find out what size they are for you if you are still interested.

Thanks to everyone who has been posting on this thread about the pillows. I also loved the pillows last month at OKW and I needed new pillows. I just ordered 2 of the king-size Beyond Down pillows, so I will be back to post my thoughts once I get to try them. They should be here next week.

Thanks to all of you for your help.:thumbsup2

I e-mailed the company (Carpenter) that makes the Beyond Nature pillows to ask if they still make them. They didn't really answer that question...this is their response:

"I would recommend the Indulgence pillows available at Bed Bath and Beyond. they are made of the same fiber as Beyond Nature, but have a nicer cover (higher thread count with stain resistance)"

Hope this helps any of you who are looking for the pillows.

Sorry I haven't got on the pc for a while, but I'm still thinking about buying a case only I'm not sure if I want to spend that much right now.
I'll decide soon and post it if I do get them. Hopefully they will be the right ones. The beach club housekeeping said they were standard size but they put a lot of them on the bed. I think 6 of them were on ours.

Thanks for welcoming me to this sight WVDISLOVER.
We've been to Disney about 6 times since 2003.
We are on going back 2010.

Thanks tiggerbug for emailing the company. I'll probably swing by BBB and take a look at those pillows.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter