Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did want to get clarification on one thing, the FP they are giving, they are fixed, specific FP, right? You tell them what to book, and they book them for you, like the CL FP?
Not anytime FP?

I did want to get clarification on one thing, the FP they are giving, they are fixed, specific FP, right? You tell them what to book, and they book them for you, like the CL FP?
Not anytime FP?
Correct. It is based on public availability - they can't override, if no more times are available for an attraction.

It's a shame they can't just do the anytime FP. I can't believe there are enough people impacted by this to truly put a dent in the FP system that it would be a huge hit if they did that.

It's a shame they can't just do the anytime FP. I can't believe there are enough people impacted by this to truly put a dent in the FP system that it would be a huge hit if they did that.
But it wouldn't really be fair, really you are booking FPs, seems fair to me that it would be what you could book online. Just make sure you call as soon as your booking window should open.

Is there anyone on the second trip that is not on the first? That is how the umbrella would work. I don't think having someone on the first trip but not on the second would make the difference. @anomamatt am I correct in thinking that?

No, there is not anyone on the second resv. that is not on the first. So I guess it's anybody's guess! :confused3

I agree with all of you that if they fix it then my problem should be fixed as well. You would think that but I emailed George's office two days ago and the lady that called me yesterday said she was a supervisor for member services. She is throwing the 7 day fast pass rule for AP holders at me and telling me that the fix isn't going to fix my problem because of the 7 days. All I want to do is book the days that I am on property for a resort day and not only that, it's only 6 days that I want to book! I don't even want 7. I think they are very mistaken. It's so interesting all of the things they are telling people. For example, some people on here are being told by CM's that this problem won't be fixed until June, while this supervisor who I spoke with yesterday said it would be fixed by today. Obviously I'll believe it when I see it. I have no facts or statistics to back this up but I really feel like if they would just roll back whatever "fix" they implemented months ago, it would take care of everything. It seems like they have created a bigger issue than before and it has impacted the people that seem to be most their most loyal customers.

I agree with all of you that if they fix it then my problem should be fixed as well. You would think that but I emailed George's office two days ago and the lady that called me yesterday said she was a supervisor for member services. She is throwing the 7 day fast pass rule for AP holders at me and telling me that the fix isn't going to fix my problem because of the 7 days. All I want to do is book the days that I am on property for a resort day and not only that, it's only 6 days that I want to book! I don't even want 7. I think they are very mistaken. It's so interesting all of the things they are telling people. For example, some people on here are being told by CM's that this problem won't be fixed until June, while this supervisor who I spoke with yesterday said it would be fixed by today. Obviously I'll believe it when I see it. I have no facts or statistics to back this up but I really feel like if they would just roll back whatever "fix" they implemented months ago, it would take care of everything. It seems like they have created a bigger issue than before and it has impacted the people that seem to be most their most loyal customers.
I don't know that you are even going to be impacted by anything anyway, seeing how you want less than 7 days worth of FP in the first place. I get staying on top of it but you may be worrying for nothing, even if they fix nothing before your trip.

But it wouldn't really be fair, really you are booking FPs, seems fair to me that it would be what you could book online. Just make sure you call as soon as your booking window should open.
The anytime FP are unfair? When the guest is blocked from booking their own. Unfair to who?
Do you truly think that giving the guest a FP that first, you have to wait to call to book and then you can't change is the more fair option?

What’s not fair is having to book the dregs of what’s left once you realise the problem, call the Ap line and wait on hold. Once that’s all done, say goodbye to FoP, SDD, Frozen, Mine Train.

The anytime FP are unfair? When the guest is blocked from booking their own. Unfair to who?
Do you truly think that giving the guest a FP that first, you have to wait to call to book and then you can't change is the more fair option?

I agree with this 100 percent! I don't think an anytime fastpass is unfair considering the guest is being blocked from booking at their 60 days and that by the time you call and have to do it online some of the ones you wanted are gone! That is unfair! It's ridiculous.

I don't know that you are even going to be impacted by anything anyway, seeing how you want less than 7 days worth of FP in the first place. I get staying on top of it but you may be worrying for nothing, even if they fix nothing before your trip.

I hope I'm not and that I am worrying for nothing but correct me if I'm wrong. If they don't fix it, because I have a split stay with 2 days in between, my second window won't open? This is what I am reading is happening to others and what would happen to me if they don't fix it. If they do fix it I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be ok but the CM's I am speaking with are trying to tell me that is will only let me book fastpasses from the first day of my first window and because I am AP it will only let me do 7 consecutive days which will end up including days I'm not even there and prevent me from booking all of the days when I am there during my second stay. I agree completely that it shouldn't be this way and I also think the CM's don't know what else to tell people, but that is what they are telling me.

Hopefully you are correct and I am worrying for nothing. Thank you for your help

I hope I'm not and that I am worrying for nothing but correct me if I'm wrong. If they don't fix it, because I have a split stay with 2 days in between, my second window won't open? This is what I am reading is happening to others and what would happen to me if they don't fix it. If they do fix it I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be ok but the CM's I am speaking with are trying to tell me that is will only let me book fastpasses from the first day of my first window and because I am AP it will only let me do 7 consecutive days which will end up including days I'm not even there and prevent me from booking all of the days when I am there during my second stay. I agree completely that it shouldn't be this way and I also think the CM's don't know what else to tell people, but that is what they are telling me.

Hopefully you are correct and I am worrying for nothing. Thank you for your help

I’ve been following along and reading, but luckily (or unluckily since it means I don’t have multie trips booked close together!) this doesn’t affect me. However in reading your posts I’ve noticed you always say you will only be able to book seven consecutive days with your AP. Irregardless of the other issues, which could still be problems, this shouldn’t be the case. It isn’t that AP holders without resort stays can only book seven CONSECUTIVE days, it’s they can only hold 7 days at one time. They don’t have to be in a row, they can be seven random days scattered throughout the 30 days. So if it weren’t for the other issues you would be fine with your plan, even though the second half of your second stay is more than 7 days from the first day you want FPs.

However, after reading all of this it seems as if the problem of your second stay not opening for FPs on MDE will be your limiting factor. If it opens you should be fine, since you only want 6 days total. But if all were fixed you should be able to book FPs for all days of both stays, even if the total goes over 7 days, since they are both on site. If you booked any FPs for the in between days when you are off site then you would be hit by the seven day total limit.

I’m sure if I’m wrong someone will correct me; but I wanted to chime in since I noticed you kept mentioning consecutive days and I don’t believe that’s ever been a rule or issue.

I hope you are right and I'm going to go with what you say! lol I completely understand what you are saying and agree with you that it should be fine if they fix it. I can't understand why the CM's keep telling me I'm going to have issues with the 7 day rule. I don't think they know what they are talking about all the time but it makes me feel as if I could have problems. But you guys are telling me I'm not so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The supervisor I spoke with yesterday said they were hoping to have a fix by today but I've yet to see anything on here from someone indicating that it has been so I'll believe it when I see it. I do have a little over two weeks before my window opens so I'd like to think that will all of the complaining and problems they will have a fix by then.

I hope you are right and I'm going to go with what you say! lol I completely understand what you are saying and agree with you that it should be fine if they fix it. I can't understand why the CM's keep telling me I'm going to have issues with the 7 day rule. I don't think they know what they are talking about all the time but it makes me feel as if I could have problems. But you guys are telling me I'm not so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The supervisor I spoke with yesterday said they were hoping to have a fix by today but I've yet to see anything on here from someone indicating that it has been so I'll believe it when I see it. I do have a little over two weeks before my window opens so I'd like to think that will all of the complaining and problems they will have a fix by then.
The CM really don't know. They have little to no experience with close together trips. This is not something covered in the manuals they give them to answer questions out of. So just get that part out of the equation right off the bat. We have to remember first and foremost that all the CM can answer is based on the info given to them. And let's face it, there is only so much info they can be given. Otherwise, can you imagine the size of the manual, even if it's an online manual, the info they'd have to go through would be staggering. I've worked on a helpline many years ago. For a different product line but still a helpline. People called in asked questions, we used keywords gleaned from the question to look up the info from a help database and we gave out the info. There was even a way to add a note to an item such as in the case of this AP issue, called a hot note and it would pop up as an alert each time the subject was searched so that it wouldn't be overlooked and the GS agent could give the info that the update was on the way. We were all supposed to use the database for our answers, never our own knowledge, so that all answers given were consistent and no new update was ever missed by an agent that might have been out since the new update was provided. Now, I don't know that the process Disney uses is similar but I suspect it is. Anyway, it's impossible to put EVERY SINGLE scenario in these systems so they populate them with the most common. Disney seems to have a real issue with their agents being able to say "I don't know" and instead their agents just wing it with some wild a#% guess. Me? I think say "I don't know" is better than wild a$( guess (WAG)

Anyway, back to your case. As PP said, AP holders can hold any 7 days worth of FP over a 30 day period. Not 7 consecutive days in a 30 day period. This is the way the local AP holders can work with the FP system and plan for (if they want) 7 days to visit, over the next month. I guess it's the compromise to give them FP and also not have them hoarding up a whole bunch too. I can see why they don't want them hoarding but 7 is probably too few days, but that's a different discussion. As long as this issue doesn't stop your 2nd window from opening, you are going to be ok. IF it does, that is where the problem will arise. It's one of the things that is hard to guess at this moment. No one else, that I've come across, has had 2 trips THAT close together. So there's not been any 1st hand accounts. Unless I missed one (which is possible, things move so fast)

So, keeping fingers and toes (with a bit of pixie dustpixiedust: )crossed that you aren't going to be impacted period, fix or no fix.

I have nothing to add, other than I'm still having issues and am mad I fell for the "it will be fixed speal." Naivete, and my love of Disney, I guess.

The CMs have a very strong script of 7 days they are told to follow from. It's hard to get around that. I only could in the very beginning of this mess (late February/early March) by getting an IT or AP CM on the phone. Later, it took the email to George Kalogridis. I would love to see it fixed but AngiTN is making me see reality.

Other people who it could affect with stays as close together as mine are people with split stays with a cruise in the middle. There is someone on another forum who was asking about it. They are staying an overnight or two (can't remember how many), going on a Disney Cruise, and then have another stay. They were asking about this issue as well. If in fact it would affect me, I'm guessing it would affect them although we are hoping that it isn't going to affect any of us.

I have nothing to add, other than I'm still having issues and am mad I fell for the "it will be fixed speal." Naivete, and my love of Disney, I guess.

The CMs have a very strong script of 7 days they are told to follow from. It's hard to get around that. I only could in the very beginning of this mess (late February/early March) by getting an IT or AP CM on the phone. Later, it took the email to George Kalogridis. I would love to see it fixed but AngiTN is making me see reality.

I apologize if you explained this in another post but when are your stays and how far apart are they? Did your second window open and also since you did get through, what solutions did they offer you. Did they book your fastpasses for you manually if you were not able to do it yourself?

Angi,

Just curious because I think it will make me feel a little less worried, but you seem pretty confident that this issue won't affect me? What is different about my stay than some of the others who have multiple stays with a break in between. My 2 day break between them is smaller than most but what makes mine different where I won't have an issue? Just wondering because I'm trying to convince myself to not worry about it and that maybe my trip won't be affected. Thanks

Since it is unfair to not be able to book the FP you want by yourself, because of a Disney error, and instead you have to jump through the guest services 'on hold' hoop to get it done, perhaps half the FP should be anytime/anything FP? Because you and I both know that FOP and other prime FP will be gone before the CM keys up your info on their computer...

Not anytime FP?
This is what comes up on MDE, next to the CM-generated FPs:

What’s This?
Please enjoy an extra FastPass+ experience!
Experience, date and number of Guests can’t be changed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter