Water at restaurants?

Does the non-bottled water at Disney restaurants have the nasty sulfur taste like it does coming out of their bubblers/water fountains? Or is it decent?

I've never had any issues, but I always put lemon in my water. Would never get water from the water fountains after some of the very gross and unsanitary things I've seen going on there!
:crazy2:
We always get water during the day at CS's. It's also filtered water.
We don't usually get it at Casey's as dh says it tastes 'off' to him there (chlorine maybe?). We have no chlorine in our water at home (great well water).

I am very picky about my water, and I only drink water at WDW (except 50's PTC, there I have a vanilla coke), and I have never had a glass of water I couldn't drink. Mind you, I am usually incredibly thirsty when there, but I've never had a problem. The tap water in our town is horrible and I cannot drink it or drink anything made out of it (lemonade, tea, ice cubes). Ick. I used to bring a Brita water bottle, but discovered the water tasted the same without using it.

I am very picky about my water, and I only drink water at WDW (except 50's PTC, there I have a vanilla coke), and I have never had a glass of water I couldn't drink. Mind you, I am usually incredibly thirsty when there, but I've never had a problem. The tap water in our town is horrible and I cannot drink it or drink anything made out of it (lemonade, tea, ice cubes). Ick. I used to bring a Brita water bottle, but discovered the water tasted the same without using it.
A vanilla Coke?!?
Now that is worthy!:cool:.

Also depends on how sensitive you are. I just cannot drink any of the water. It not only tastes nasty to me - some less nasty than others - it messes with my stomach. At a TS I usually will purchase a large bottle of sparkling water. Bottled in the parks and in my room. We even buy gallon jugs of water to make coffee.

Update - the water at Raglan Road tasted good, Sci-Fi was ok and Coral Reef was not good. The water from the refillable machines at The Beach Club was also good.

Update - the water at Raglan Road tasted good, Sci-Fi was ok and Coral Reef was not good. The water from the refillable machines at The Beach Club was also good.

We're from Hawaii where tap water is basically naturally filtered water, so we're VERY sensitive to off-tasting water. We've noticed the worst tap water in MK including most fountain soda drinks, table service & quick service. We have learned to buy bottled drinks in MK. We stayed at BLT and found their tap water to be swamp water. Even after running it thru a Brita water filter, still bad. I feel like California Grill & The Wave had filtered water served because their tap water tasted fine. I don't know about other restaurants in that area, but we've noticed, the newer resorts have better tasting water. We had tea at Grand Floridan & dinner at Wilderness Lodge & found their tap water to be non-swampy as well. I've found when it comes to water quality, everyone's point of reference influences their opinion of "good" or "bad" tasting water, so this question by the OP is a big issue to us.

Last week the following did not have filtered water served to us, unless we purchased bottled water (Via Napoli offered this)
Rose and Crown (restaurant side, not bar side, bar does serve filtered)
Via Napoli
Not a full on restaurant but La Cava did not (we sat inside)

Is all of the bottled water Dasani?
I need special types of water because of a condition I have. Dasani is so acidic. I wish there was a place on property I could buy Fiji.

I've never seen Fiji but they do have Smartwater too. Dasani is much more accessible though. As it's a coke product and coke is the supplier.
Some of the TS restaurants offer different brands too
Of course, what you get out of the fountain machines are unlabeled but I would assume it to be Dasani or similar as it too comes from Coke. It's the typically the water used to mix with the Minute Maid Lemonade concentrate. Since Dasini is bottled as a byproduct of Coke product production I'm thinking whatever the put in the machines is a similar product. Dasini is not pure water and I too really dislike it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter