WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

We received this email around 1am. View attachment 497735

I also got this email at 1AM today and I don't even have a reservation!!
Cancelled our April ressie in Feb. when we saw the handwriting on the wall. Even before they closed there was no way we were planning to go with this virus situation. Have no plans to go anytime soon now either, so don't have a clue why they sent this to us. :confused3

Just recently had to wear masks for an outdoor funeral in 80's heat/sun and it was next to unbearable, can't even think what it would be in 90's heat and triple humidity! :faint:

Do we have valid tickets if our renewed APs are not activated yet? I was able to make Fps with them so I assume I will get a reservation email?
Someone verified yesterday that vouchers are valid tickets. Of course this is via a CM, but I think it’s pretty safe to assume that’s true. MDE recognizes it as a valid park ticket, that should be all you need.

Also- I have a new voucher that I haven’t been able to activate and I received 3 emails so far.

I have not received any email yet. Just curious how many have received versus have not. Are people receiving the email Ones who booked a package, versus separate ticket and room only (mine are UT tickets).

Just read my letter. My opinion is that it seems like they are going to do right by people who have reservations and theme park tickets. Besides the masks which I’m prepared to do.... this is going to be like the 80’s no thinking involved. Go to the park and enjoy the day!!!!! It clearly states they will be reaching out to us with reservations with the new procedures. Looking forward to it.

Just read my letter. My opinion is that it seems like they are going to do right by people who have reservations and theme park tickets. Besides the masks which I’m prepared to do.... this is going to be like the 80’s no thinking involved. Go to the park and enjoy the day!!!!! It clearly states they will be reaching out to us with reservations with the new procedures. Looking forward to it.
very a-la Universal. That's why I like going to UOR because there's no real need for pre planning
Everyone has been programmed (by Disney) to pre plan for the past 21 years, it'll be hard to change that habit, without fp and ADR people feel like they won't be able to go on attractions or eat, it will take time to adjust to this system

The question I have, and it’s really not a huge issue because we aren’t going, is my resort reservation ends on the 11th. The only qualifying day I have for after they’re open is that check out day. I’m just wondering how that works...would I only have the ability to add new reservations for that day? Or is this for anyone who has reservations for anytime after 5/28. So confused!

Is there any information about the dining cancellations if you are already within the 60 days? I am 55 days out and am wondering if mine will be canceled even though I have already past the 60-day booking window.

We received this email around 1am. View attachment 497735
Thank you for sharing. Should we be worried that we haven't received an email? Our trip was booked for August 7th but we didn't pay in full until after the opening date was announced. Do we not count as having reservations if we only paid the deposit? There are so many extra angles to this for some people. I'm so anxious.

I wonder if Swan & Dolphin is included as a Disney hotel? Don't they have the same rules as Disney resorts at holiday times for parks closing for capacity? (When they close a park for outside visitors, they only let people staying at a Disney resort in).

My trip was/is scheduled July 7-15 using free dining. I wonder if I will be given the chance to rebook using the 35% room discount even though most of my trip falls during a time when they will be closed still. I would obviously have to rebook for different dates. I still haven’t received an email either.

Is there any information about the dining cancellations if you are already within the 60 days? I am 55 days out and am wondering if mine will be canceled even though I have already past the 60-day booking window.

They’re cancelling all adrs.

Do we have valid tickets if our renewed APs are not activated yet? I was able to make Fps with them so I assume I will get a reservation email?
Yes, your AP is linked if you were able to make FPs meaning it is valid. You should receive the reservation email just like the rest of us.

I got the “News regarding your Disney vacation” email and we haven’t had a trip planned or even booked since last year. We don’t have any tickets or even Annual Passes. I believe they are just sending out a mass email burst to everyone they have in their email lists regardless if they have a trip or even tickets just so they know everyone has this information.

It will be interesting to see if they send me an email offer to book a reservation park day seeing I have no current reservations or park tickets. If that happens Disney’s system is really messed up and I feel for all those trying to make your reserved park day and have to fight with those who didn’t even have plans or don’t even have plans to show up and just take up a spot cause they can.

I have not received any email yet. Just curious how many have received versus have not. Are people receiving the email Ones who booked a package, versus separate ticket and room only (mine are UT tickets).
I have not either. DVC reservation 1st week in September

The email must be a mass delivery because our resort reservation wasn't made with my email and I got one, but my DH didn't. His email was used for our resort stay.

I got the “News regarding your Disney vacation” email and we haven’t had a trip planned or even booked since last year. We don’t have any tickets or even Annual Passes. I believe they are just sending out a mass email burst to everyone they have in their email lists regardless if they have a trip or even tickets just so they know everyone has this information.

It will be interesting to see if they send me an email offer to book a reservation park day seeing I have no current reservations or park tickets. If that happens Disney’s system is really messed up and I feel for all those trying to make your reserved park day and have to fight with those who didn’t even have plans or don’t even have plans to show up and just take up a spot cause they can.
this hurts my brain. You get an email without anything booked and no tickets, and people with packages and reservations haven't gotten one. I'm sorry, how hard is it to create a process where the computer picks people with reservations only? I am not computer savvy at all, is that really that hard?

i have an AP and have added dining plans to our resort reservations to be able to use the Disney Visa perk that allows you to take advantage of 6 mos no finance charge for Disney Vacations...now that dining plans are being cancelled I’m assuming this payment option will no longer be available
I think if you had a “ticketless package” it will revert to a “basic package” and should therefore still qualify for the Visa 0% interest. I assume the initial charge is already on your Visa account, so the change (dropping dining) shouldn’t impact that other than the refund amount will be applied against the promotional balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter