WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Anyone else have extreme anxiety they are either going to:
a. Not get the email to register for reserved day park tickets.
b. Miss out on the 60-day ADR window
c. Get a random trip cancellation email from Disney

It reminds me of when I'm trying to purchase U2 tickets on Ticketmaster....haha

So I have a reservation at YC 7/31-8/8. My 60 day fastpasses booking was to be on the Monday 6/1. Now my 60 days will be ADR booking again. How do I know YC will even be open . They haven’t released any resorts opening except DVC ones? I have not paid reservation in full yet. I also have 5 1/2 cabanas booked at y resort. They will wipe those too?
It’s states ADR and experiences can be booked 60 Days out . So I may be able to rebook everything Monday?

Attachments

• 7869227A-899B-400F-8DF4-5FE4D2D3BAC4.png
    7869227A-899B-400F-8DF4-5FE4D2D3BAC4.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Yes !! I am 45 days out from my trip and I have no idea what they heck I am doing in terms of all these new reservations. So afraid I am going to miss something!

Yes !! I am 45 days out from my trip and I have no idea what they heck I am doing in terms of all these new reservations. So afraid I am going to miss something!

You don’t have to worry about FPs.

The parks will have very low crowds so ADRs shouldn’t be an issue.

You have a guaranteed booking. At worst Disney will move you to a comparable or upgraded hotel.

Sometime soon you will be informed how to reserve your park days.

Go with flow and have a good time. People have been saying forever they want to go to Disney without planning. Now is the time!

I was 33 now 44 days out. This trip I handed all the FP and ADR planning to my daughter and she got a great set of ADRs and FPs... a perfect line up. But, maybe because we don’t have young children and we are APHs, I am not particularly perturbed by the recent news. Disney will come up with a solution. They are neither going to make resort guests starve nor refuse them entry to parks/rides etc.

Yep, yep, and yep!
Probably, esp #1. Hopefully, checking MDE daily will show an option to register.

Do we have valid tickets if our renewed APs are not activated yet? I was able to make Fps with them so I assume I will get a reservation email?

I have Free Dining booked over the Xmas holiday this year. 12/22-1/2 - I wonder if the 35% discount will even apply to those dates for NEXT Xmas, or this Xmas for that matter Typically, Free Dining is the only discount you CAN use during those times. We'll find out soon I guess!

i'm also an AP holder and live an hour away. I don't think I will return to the parks until after the COVID situation has improved. I do hope disney will refund the unused difference in the cost of my platinum pluss pass, since water parks are now off the table too.
I think they will for the water portion and add some months on well see or maybe they add the "value" in time in months or maybe they follow the universal approach where they are going to treat the water every 2 hours who knows.

I got an email (posted a couple of pages ago) about them cancelling my fps and they are still on MDE, remember MDE is the last to show anything updated.
Also, in line with my earlier post that the worst thing with Disney right now is communications, there is no mention of any of the new cancellations on the HUB (CM internal site)

I examined my own Disney Visa card, but the contactless symbol wasn't on it, front or back. However, I went out to Target today and successfully tested another card that did display the symbol. That will probably be my go-to payment card for the next trip; any other card would require either an insert or a swipe, best avoided from now on.
You have to order the new Disney Visa cards that have the contactless symbol. No charge if you have an account.

Just saw the notice about canceling dining reservations! I looked at my MDE and they are still there for my Nov. trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter