WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Those are the exact dates on my tickets, but my dates haven’t been change. Just curious if you have a package deal or did buy your tickets separately? We have a package.
Separately, from a third-party site, and linked them in MDE before any of this started.

No email here as of yet, we're AP holders and have an offsite stay planned for July 18-26, so no resort reservation but we have ADRs and Savi's reservations during that week. They are still showing in my MDE for the time being...sounds like not for long...

I can understand the problem with dining packages that included table service but why wouldn't they just walk those people back to a QS dining plan and refund accordingly? I booked a package with free QS included. If we went in August we'd still have to eat so why delete that part of the package? It's worth way more than any room discount. If they don't have the capacity for me to be there at all then delete my entire reservation - not just my food. I just don't understand this part of it at all.

It won't happen in the slightest but my inner vindictive side wishes that ALL WDW guests would do a tit-for-tat response and cancel all of their vacation plans so come July 11th Disney throws open the gates at MK and NO ONE is waiting to come in. Would be a funny sight indeed.

We were supposed to make our ADRs beginning on Sunday 5/31 for our trip so obviously that will be delayed. And for the time all of the people visiting during our trip window are pretty much in the same boat for what that's worth. So we won't know until potentially late Sept what our reservations will be like, so I sure hope some common sense gets applied between now and then. Will FP be back by then? If so now we'd be "scrambling" to make ADRs AND FP+ starting on the same day. Joy.

It won't happen in the slightest but my inner vindictive side wishes that ALL WDW guests would do a tit-for-tat response and cancel all of their vacation plans so come July 11th Disney throws open the gates at MK and NO ONE is waiting to come in. Would be a funny sight indeed.

We were supposed to make our ADRs beginning on Sunday 5/31 for our trip so obviously that will be delayed. And for the time all of the people visiting during our trip window are pretty much in the same boat for what that's worth. So we won't know until potentially late Sept what our reservations will be like, so I sure hope some common sense gets applied between now and then. Will FP be back by then? If so now we'd be "scrambling" to make ADRs AND FP+ starting on the same day. Joy.
this happened in a way at DL when they made their SWGE opening reservations only and then no one came once the land was wide open because they thought it would be packed.
It won't happen but I see a lot of frustrated people taking their money somewhere else, so I'm sure it won't be empty but not at whatever capacity their aiming for

No e-mails here, and I may or may not have 'several' room only resort reservations sprinkled throughout June-August. To those that don't get e-mails, don't fret - Disney's track record with e-mails is terrible... some get them, some don't... so don't read anything into it.

On a separate note, obviously sometimes topics such as resorts, dining, dining plans/offers, etc, get discussed here on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies (TPAS) board as they are so intertwined with the parks/ticketing/booking process for many - and that's generally OK.

Dining Plans in particular are a specific subset of theme park park planning, are rather nuanced, and have their own set of complexities in terms of payments, refunds, etc. There are pros on the Restaurants Board that can often be a good resource for planning related questions/tracking, specifically threads like this one: ALLDining plans and packages and adrs canceled, future 60 day adr window

Same can be said for Resort questions, AP Discounts, etc. The Resorts Board is often frequented by folks that know the ins/outs of resort booking, packages, discounts, etc.

I only mention this as if you have a question or post that's really more resorts or dining oriented, you may want poke around those boards as well. Sometimes threads like this can be fast moving and legitimate planning questions can get lost - or the folks that frequent here just don't know the answers (eg, I know a lot about theme parks but squat about dining plans).

Thanks all.

We are Florida resident AP and rescheduled our anniversary May trip to July 3 - 8. All dining reservations and fast passes made. I have received no communication about it being cancelled and it all remains on MDE. However, when I try to update my CBR reservation, possibly change to a later date, it says: "Modifications to your Resort reservation cannot be made at this time". I know it's just a matter of time but curious why I have not received anything from them. I'm hoping it will allow me to change to a different date.

Still debating going. We have August 15-24. Didn't receive the email yet, but we have a couple of weeks until our 60 day window.

I almost want to go just because of the oddly unique experience it would be for a WDW trip. We've been planning an August 2021 trip for a bit, and things will hopefully be back to normal by then.

EDIT: Since they didn't announce plans for the water parks yet, I'm really wondering what they'll do about the resort pools.

Totally see a bunch of people who had free dining cancelling their trips. Why pay rack rates, park hopper tickets when park hopping may not be possible plus add additional cost for food at highly inflated prices?

It’s going to keep a lot people at home or going to spend that money somewhere else.

When will AP expiration dates be extended? I’ve called twice — CM had no info and told us to call back closer to reopening.

Totally see a bunch of people who had free dining cancelling their trips. Why pay rack rates, park hopper tickets when park hopping may not be possible plus add additional cost for food at highly inflated prices?

It’s going to keep a lot people at home or going to spend that money somewhere else.

We're having a discussion with the rest of our group this weekend to see if we should cancel. As it stands, we'll be paying $250 a night for a standard room at Pop with no food included. I'm sorry but that's an absurd amount to be paying for Pop Century. I'm leaning towards canceling and rebooking once this is all over, but I have a feeling the rest of the group won't want to.

When will AP expiration dates be extended? I’ve called twice — CM had no info and told us to call back closer to reopening.
Just as the CM said - we don’t know. Sometime closer to reopening. Many of us are hoping the delay is because they’ll offer a third option other than partial refund or extension since many of us don’t feel safe going even when they reopen, not to mention the whole reservations debacle.

Wondering that also - it better be before the reservation system starts. If not, only hope is that the temporary Fast Pass holding card that they placed on my account to allow me to make FPs (since the AP hasn't yet been extended) will qualify as valid them park admission thus allowing use of the reservation system. On hold right now for last 45 minutes waiting ....

I don't see myself renewing my AP until things come closer to normal (at least when the advance reservation system goes away), and especially if some of the rumors are true about APs that have been posted in the rumor thread. I should get a month extended since mine was up late April, so I'll have roughly to late August or Early Sept, after that...may just wait til 2021.

I am guessing WDW hopes everyone cancels so can control how many are in the resorts. That will next I guess, canceling everything.
I agree. This is an attempt to get people to cancel voluntarily. If enough don’t, they’ll be forced to start cancelling resort reservations. I don’t think it will get to that point. There can’t be that many people willing to lose discounts and pay rack rate for a vastly reduced experience during the midst of a pandemic.....can there?

I also got this email at 1AM today and I don't even have a reservation!!
Cancelled our April ressie in Feb. when we saw the handwriting on the wall. Even before they closed there was no way we were planning to go with this virus situation. Have no plans to go anytime soon now either, so don't have a clue why they sent this to us. :confused3

Just recently had to wear masks for an outdoor funeral in 80's heat/sun and it was next to unbearable, can't even think what it would be in 90's heat and triple humidity! :faint:
Ha, same here. Got the email even though I cancelled our July trip a month ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter