WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I don’t think they would let you use your own. But you could call and ask. Does his natural temperature go down when he takes Tylenol or ibuprofen?

Even after being allowed to cool down, my 8 year old son gives a 100 degree reading on his forehead with the touch less thermometers. With a regular thermometer he has a 98 degree reading. We know this from his art day camp he attended over the summer and school. They allow us to bring our own oral thermometer to get the correct reading. What happens at WDW if his forehead is too hot? Will they allow us to use an oral thermometer?
merged you to the existing operational thread
Disney considers a high temp 100.4, they do have cooling tents and then retake your temp. I have not heard of anyone reporting being able to bring their own thermometer but not sure if anyone has thought about doing it

merged you to the existing operational thread
Disney considers a high temp 100.4, they do have cooling tents and then retake your temp. I have not heard of anyone reporting being able to bring their own thermometer but not sure if anyone has thought about doing it
Well if it’s 100.4 we should be good!! It was usually right at 100. We will bring an oral thermometer and ask ...if there is a problem.

Well if it’s 100.4 we should be good!! It was usually right at 100. We will bring an oral thermometer and ask ...if there is a problem.
Is his temp behind the ear lower? We went over the summer and a couple times they checked our foreheads and then checked behind the ear when they didn't like the forehead reading. (They didn't tell us what the reading was, just that we were good to go after the ear reading.)

I am currently trying to get through over 400 pages on one thread and nearly 200 on another, but still not seeing the answer to whether there are still no bag lines at the parks. We don’t carry bags for this very reason. If they still have them, are they still a big time saver?

As I understand it from the current reports, you just walk through the scanner with your bag, and they only check it if they see something odd on the scan. But I haven’t been there yet (2 weeks and 2 days left 🥳🥳) so I can’t say for sure

I'm a Florida resident AP holder. Whenever I have been there, security has been seamless. I don't recall if there was a no bag line (as we don't carry), but even through a regular line, we were through in seconds.

I don’t believe there are bypasses anymore, since there are no bag checks, unless they see something suspicious on the body scanner.

Everyone must go through the temperature check tent and security scanner. Phone chargers were the only thing required of us to be taken out and placed in the tray.

Again, if they see anything suspicious, they will pull you aside and do a bag check.

I'm also going next week we had always used the no bag entrance. Trying to find out if they are using finger scanning since the covid issue. Has anyone been there recently?

I'm also going next week we had always used the no bag entrance. Trying to find out if they are using finger scanning since the covid issue. Has anyone been there recently?

No finger scanners used on our trips in August and September. No no-bag lines. Everyone walks thru the scanners.

They ask you to remove umbrellas and anything metal. But not cell phone that can remain in your bag.

I had a sunglasses case that set it off, there was metal in it. I found a fabric one at MouseGears.

Take your metal water bottles, umbrellas and Metal sunglasses cases out of your bag.

Hold phone over your head. Or not. Seemed like each park had a different sensitivity setting on their scanner. Or a different scanner.

So much easier than old days.

No biometrics.

And practically no one in front of you.

And no turnstiles - or hand stamps - when exiting the park.
Have a Magical Day! I did.

No bypass that I've seen the last few weeks in 6+ visits to all parks, but security, as said above, is super quick and easy now! Actually takes longer sometimes because people were so programmed to take everything out that they still try to do it! LOL

So I am here now. Everyone just walks through the new scanners. They ask that any umbrellas and chargers are held in your hand out in front of you away from your body(not above your head like the airport). If there is anything they see strange, they will pull you aside. It is so much faster then the old, check your bag system. And the finger scanners are blocked off. So first get your temp checked, then the security scanners, and finally the entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter