WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Which park? The Availability Calendar shows that there are no Park Reservations remaining for DHS today, but the other parks all have availability.

Steve

At Disney World, ‘Worst Fears’ About Virus Have Not Come True
Attendance has been low since the July reopening, but health officials and worker unions also say safety protocols have kept the coronavirus at bay.
Walt Disney World, which reopened in July, is laying off about 20 percent of its work force.

Credit...Charles Sykes/Invision, via Associated Press

This NY Times article gives me so much hope for our July 2021 trip.

I don’t believe there are bypasses anymore, since there are no bag checks, unless they see something suspicious on the body scanner.

Everyone must go through the temperature check tent and security scanner. Phone chargers were the only thing required of us to be taken out and placed in the tray.

Again, if they see anything suspicious, they will pull you aside and do a bag check.
Body Scanner? What type of Body Scanner?

I love this.

Long before Covid, my germaphobe self would feel so icky having someone's hands on my things. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who needs a purse with all of my accoutrements. My husband always carries a large backpack with water and his personal items. It always felt like a violation having others' hands on our things. When we would get back to the room, I'd be wiping everything down with alcohol. We started using Ziploc bags for some stuff just to keep our personal items protected. Now with Covid, this is just what we need.

I love this.

Long before Covid, my germaphobe self would feel so icky having someone's hands on my things. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who needs a purse with all of my accoutrements. My husband always carries a large backpack with water and his personal items. It always felt like a violation having others' hands on our things. When we would get back to the room, I'd be wiping everything down with alcohol. We started using Ziploc bags for some stuff just to keep our personal items protected. Now with Covid, this is just what we need.
yeah it's super easy now, just take out anything metal, umbrellas, external batteries, gimbals, metal water bottle, glasses cases, you grab those in your hand, stretched forward, and walk through.
They have these new scanners at AK, DHS and Epcot, not sure if MK already has them, if not you just put all those metal items in plastic bin, walk through with your backpack on and retrieve metal items

yeah it's super easy now, just take out anything metal, umbrellas, external batteries, gimbals, metal water bottle, glasses cases, you grab those in your hand, stretched forward, and walk through.
They have these new scanners at AK, DHS and Epcot, not sure if MK already has them, if not you just put all those metal items in plastic bin, walk through with your backpack on and retrieve metal items
Hopefully MK will have the scanners by summer 2021. I will make a point of not carrying anything metal. :goodvibes

And the lack of shows and stores open

True. I guess I haven't really thought about how good shows are at hiding large numbers of people at a time. As for the stores, I don't tend to shop the parks so I wouldn't notice if they were open or not. For as long as I spent people watching on a bench at DHS two weeks ago, DW must have found at least some stores open. :)

Forgive me if this has been answered before. With the Park Pass System, will they let you leave the park and return to the same park later or are you out for the day once you leave?

Has anyone had been able to get a reservation at a park during their stay that had previously shown as not having availability. HS has nothing during my entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter