WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Is Disney planning to just do away with Park Hopping then forever? Another victim of cost-cutting and really has nothing to do with "safety", they just don't want to be bothered with managing it anymore. Pretty sad.
It's anticipated it will come back, just not yet.

When I made reservations today for October 2021 the park hopper option was available as a ticket add-on. Doesn't mean it will be available? But seems they are at least contemplating it will be.

they've been selling park hoppers for 2021 since June

Perhaps they just are leaving the park reservation system in place for now as they don't know when normalcy will return to the parks. That or they will still have park reservations but will allow park hopping and you book multiple parks on the same day. I hope park hopping does return, but as we only go every 3-4 years by the time our next trip happens after next month things should be back to normal then.

Perhaps they just are leaving the park reservation system in place for now as they don't know when normalcy will return to the parks. That or they will still have park reservations but will allow park hopping and you book multiple parks on the same day. I hope park hopping does return, but as we only go every 3-4 years by the time our next trip happens after next month things should be back to normal then.
Josh D'Amaro did say the reservation system was here to stay

Hi - I think we are going to use Lyft or Uber to get to MK and Epcot. Do we need an ADR at a Boardwalk/Beach Club Resort and CR restaurant to be dropped off at BW/BCR (for epcot) and at CR (for MK... maybe GF resort restaurant if walkway opens) in order to take advantage of the walking paths?

yes you need a reservation for the uber vehicle to be allowed to enter property. Some people have had luck with absent minded CM and been allowed to enter but the policy is you have to have an ADR

Josh D'Amaro did say the reservation system was here to stay

Well that is terribly disappointing to hear. Just one more reservation that you have to book and for what reason? It can be justified now (due to limiting capacity) but under normal conditions it is totally unnecessary as there are what, maybe 2 or 3 days a year that MK reaches 100% capacity and they hold people at the gates. I've never been a fan of adding complexity to processes for no discernable reason other than just cause we can.

Well that is terribly disappointing to hear. Just one more reservation that you have to book and for what reason? It can be justified now (due to limiting capacity) but under normal conditions it is totally unnecessary as there are what, maybe 2 or 3 days a year that MK reaches 100% capacity and they hold people at the gates. I've never been a fan of adding complexity to processes for no discernable reason other than just cause we can.
Disney has been tracking all guests movements for a while through MB tech, this is just one more way of them knowing in advance where everyone is going and probably influence the decision on staffing and supplies and such

I can't find ANY dining reservations at the park. Nothing, zilch, nada. Can we leave, eat, and re-enter?

yes you need a reservation for the uber vehicle to be allowed to enter property. Some people have had luck with absent minded CM and been allowed to enter but the policy is you have to have an ADR

Thanks - guess we will be kicking off our day with some early Mickey waffles! :)

My dilemma we have may booked and park res, but don’t know if the border will be open ? If it’s not and I have to rebook yet again what If there’s no park res left ?
Do I go ahead and book August or October next year or ?

My dilemma we have may booked and park res, but don’t know if the border will be open ? If it’s not and I have to rebook yet again what If there’s no park res left ?
Do I go ahead and book August or October next year or ?
Are you looking to book October 1st? I would guess those would fill up much faster than August. There were many dates in August of this year that the only full park was DHS. If it were me I would book October if you're planning to be there on the 50th Anniversary.

ATTENTION: WDW room reservations available now through the end of 2021
Thank you so much for this! I've been refreshing all day and got two days at HS! And if anyone is looking to reserve MK for 10/31, I watched it become available and then not several times today. So keep trying, no matter what park you want! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter