WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I mean in the end it's obviously a manner of personal accountability. They can sanitize and spray you with purell all you want but if the individual still doesn't practice safety measures there's really no point. I like seeing that lady take the huge tub of clorox wipes and disinfect the table they were about to use
Was this a guest or the security CM?

We are leaving on the auto train on April 28, 3 days at Universal and then 2 weeks at the Vistana. The train travel maybe could be converted to a later registration. 2/3 of it was paid for by an evoucher that expires in July that was a refund from a disastrous Amtrak debacle last summer.
HRH is cancellable until a few days before. I’m renting Vistana weeks from an owner whom I’ve worked with before . I’ve paid him, but we’ve left it in his name in case we need to reschedule.

thanks McKennaRose for the info on the hard tickets from UT. My FP date is April 2, so I probably will order hard tickets soon. I’ve gotten Etickets the past couple of visits since you don’t have to worry about losing them.

this is our first visit in 4 years, and we are celebrating our daughter’s graduation from college, after some big struggles, and her engagement. Her fiancé is a pilot and if we have to reschedule, he won’t be able to get the time. I’m 61 and my husband is 73. We are both healthy. For now, planning to go unless the parks close.

We'll be at WDW next week. We plan to take appropriate cautions.

The recent crowds there would seem to indicate that most people are not cancelling. I don't wish for everyone to panic, but I kind of wish more people would be scared enough to postpone their trips... that might make touring the parks more manageable crowd-wise. 😉

I'll report back when we return if we noticed any easing of the crowds, but I expect it will still be a madhouse.
Same here with a trip starting on Saturday. I have notices more hotel rooms popping up for the dates that we're there, though I'm sure that happens in the week before a trip regardless of any health hazards. Planning hard, bringing disinfectant and drilling the hand-washing protocol into my 7 and 5 year olds.

Appreciate everyone mostly staying on topic as it relates to WDW planning/theme parks.

I know it is really hard not to delve into the virus itself, news of the day, tangential subjects, etc but we'd like to keep from going too deep down such paths, within reason.

:thanks:

DH and I have a "no parks" trip in May. We are currently thinking as long as domestic air travel is operational and the resorts are open, we will go. This is subject to change if there are travel bans and such. It is also subject to change if WDW is impacted in a way that they are running a skeleton crew with most things shut down.
For example, if thousands of cast members are sick or quarantined, they will have to scale back park operations. Maybe only 1 or 2 parks open per day? Maybe they rotate the open parks so they can clean the others? Maybe only certain hotels are open and they consolidate guests so the open hotels are full and the others are completely empty? Maybe buses run every hour instead of constantly? Maybe they close table service restaurants and do quick service only? There are ways they could still be "open" that would potentially be a deal breaker for us. I guess we'll see. I am definitely feeling more fidgety about this than I was a week or so ago.

So I did confirm with a CM by phone this morning that the purchase price for tickets that would not be used at all would convert to a credit that could be applied to a future ticket. I was asking specifically about tickets purchased from Disney through MDE, so I don't know about tickets from other sources. As DVC members I know that even if we have a problem with this trip we will be back in the future, so I will make the investment in the tickets so that I can book Fastpasses when my window opens and hope for the best. If park hours are reducing due to fewer CMs working or similar we would decide whether to either cancel or to just focus on the resort and pool. Will also depend on our company policies which who knows how they will look at that time...

DH and I have a "no parks" trip in May. We are currently thinking as long as domestic air travel is operational and the resorts are open, we will go. This is subject to change if there are travel bans and such. It is also subject to change if WDW is impacted in a way that they are running a skeleton crew with most things shut down.
For example, if thousands of cast members are sick or quarantined, they will have to scale back park operations. Maybe only 1 or 2 parks open per day? Maybe they rotate the open parks so they can clean the others? Maybe only certain hotels are open and they consolidate guests so the open hotels are full and the others are completely empty? Maybe buses run every hour instead of constantly? Maybe they close table service restaurants and do quick service only? There are ways they could still be "open" that would potentially be a deal breaker for us. I guess we'll see. I am definitely feeling more fidgety about this than I was a week or so ago.

I'm guessing property would be closed before they would remain open yet operate as you suggested - considering what Disney has done overseas. If it got as bad as you are referencing, measures outside of Disney would be in place making it difficult to get there even if you wanted to.

I mean in the end it's obviously a manner of personal accountability. They can sanitize and spray you with purell all you want but if the individual still doesn't practice safety measures there's really no point. I like seeing that lady take the huge tub of clorox wipes and disinfect the table they were about to use

Yes, I'm really glad they are upping their cleaning practices. I hope it remains that way.
Although I can't help to think that this scene from Monsters Inc. might be in our near future if someone coughs in the park. :D

Yes, I'm really glad they are upping their cleaning practices. I hope it remains that way.
Although I can't help to think that this scene from Monsters Inc. might be in our near future if someone coughs in the park. :D

Haha ok so it’s not just me who thinks of these guys patrolling the parks :rotfl: .
It would be a little funny to stick a sock to your back and walk around the parks for the day.. surely someone would get it .

Last edited:
I wipe down the things you mentioned, plus the air conditioner knob and both sides of the tray table and the tray’s latch. I’ve also seen recommendations not to use the seat-back pocket, as people will often put tissues and other things in there. I’d love to hear if there’s anything else others do!

I was on a plane to Toronto in Feb and there was a flight attendant onboard (but not working this flight). One of the working flight attendants came by and gave her a wipe. I noticed when she put the tray table down to wipe it, she also wiped the back of the seat in front of her that would come in contact with the tray when stowed. So I started doing that too!

I was on a plane to Toronto in Feb and there was a flight attendant onboard (but not working this flight). One of the working flight attendants came by and gave her a wipe. I noticed when she put the tray table down to wipe it, she also wiped the back of the seat in front of her that would come in contact with the tray when stowed. So I started doing that too!
yes. I wipe the seats, seat belts, arm rests, front and back of the tray table. Forgot the window shade but that's going on my list for May. I've been doing this for the past few years so nothing new to this virus for my family.

Maybe it’s bad for the materials but I wipe every surface my kid can touch. Anything I can do to prevent him having an allergic reaction in the air.

Don’t forget touch points not on your seat, like the window shade/wall if you’re in a window seat and touch the shade or lay your head on the wall.

As previous poster, so more rooms available next week onsite. DVC wise - a 2 bedroom at SSR opened up since Saturday. But it feels like most folks are still planning on going

I wipe down the things you mentioned, plus the air conditioner knob and both sides of the tray table and the tray’s latch. I’ve also seen recommendations not to use the seat-back pocket, as people will often put tissues and other things in there. I’d love to hear if there’s anything else others do!
I have always wiped down airplanes seats. I do the whole seat if it is not cloth, armrests, seat belt, tray table, and out side of seat pocket. I never put anything in the seat pocket itself. Also always use hand sanitizer once I sit down after using the tiny bathroom...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter