• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW rides/shows that I will not do again!

An evening/night safari ride. We attended a DVC moonlight magic and thought this would be a good time to try out an night safari ride. It was a 20 or so minute wait and on the actual ride we didn't even really see much. Definitely not a good use of our time. I'll stick to the daytime where you can actually see the animals

An evening/night safari ride.
Sorry you didn't have a good experience but this was our absolute favorite safari ride ever and we've been going regularly since the park opened in 1998. We did it for the first time last year. It was 100% better than during the day. We were so glad they started doing that. Can't wait to do it again. I'd pick that over daytime for sure.

Stitch. lol Definately. Everything else is a must-do for me... well, the ones I'm not too chicken to go on, anyways. :rolleyes1

Mission Space is the only ride that I skip every time, because like others, it isn't very interesting and comes with a headache.

Alien Encounter was terrifyingly awesome. I can understand why it was removed because it was way too intense for a typical Disney ride, which is exactly why they should have kept it.

An evening/night safari ride. We attended a DVC moonlight magic and thought this would be a good time to try out an night safari ride. It was a 20 or so minute wait and on the actual ride we didn't even really see much. Definitely not a good use of our time. I'll stick to the daytime where you can actually see the animals
Haven't tried this yet, but its on my list of things for the next trip. Wasn't sure how much you could see when it gets dark, but seems like a really fun idea.

Tower of Terror. My mom took me and my cousin on it once. Well, luckily, she was sitting in the corner where there was a little grab bar for her to hold onto. Let’s just say she was melding into the grab bar and afterwards, she refused to go on the elevator up to our room.

To this day she is deathly afraid of elevators.

Haven't tried this yet, but its on my list of things for the next trip. Wasn't sure how much you could see when it gets dark, but seems like a really fun idea.
It is awesome. Definitely do it. It’s a whole different experience and a lot of the animals are way more active later in the day.

We are back from our WDW trip, and i thought i would share what rides/attractions we thought we would never do again and why.

1) The Barnstormer: a 10 sec ride with a wait of 15 minutes (through the FP line). really?
It was so quick and lame (a short mini coaster that should be in six flags not at WDW). plus, the seat is so uncomfortable and made my back hurt. my kids were also very disappointed.

2) Jungle Cruise: we went to do it after RD, with a posted 10 min wait. it ended up being more like a 30 minute wait to get on the ride. some issue with boats, IDK. in 2012 same issue happened to us on this ride. I'm not doing this again.

3) Carrousel of Progress: excruciating 20 minutes that i will not get back again in my life.

4) Mission Space (orange): felt like puking for an hour after the ride.

5) Primeval Whirl: waste of time especially with Rider Swap when you have kids in tow.

Am I missing something :-?
What do you guys think?

Awww, we loved Carousel of Progress. The other things sound pretty reasonable to me, though.

Haven’t even done stitch yet. I keep putting it off. I still get nightmares from the alien ride that was there before. (I forget the name.)

The Carousel in fantasyland is one I’ll probably never do again. It’s just like every other carousel. No need to waste time in my opinion.

I agree with you on barnstormer too. Will never do that again.

Carousel of Progress is my number one must do. I live in terror every time some suggests taking it down.

I think I would picket outside the parks if they seriously attempt to do away with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (DLR) or Carousel of Progress (WDW).

Jungle cruise. That is a horrible trip with bad jokes. Burn that ride down with fire...

That’s what I love be about a Disney vacation - so many ways to enjoy it

Jungle Cruise is my number 1 favorite - and largely due to the “bad” joke - I love puns and love how it is a different experience every time - and how it is like a totally different ride at night

I can't wait to take my kids to the Hall of Presidents! We didn't get to go last year either due to it being closed. Also American adventure! We actually had to put it on our schedule so we don't miss it again.

We went earlier this year after not having seen it in 10 years. We loved it. I thought it was one of the best attractions we did. Of course we are very much into history, so that helps. I still miss it being at Epcot, but the show in Magic Kingdom is much more enjoyable IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter