WDW rides/shows that I will not do again!

One from each park:

DHS:
Honestly can't think of one -- I love that park. There are some OLD shows/attractions I wouldn't do again (like the Backlot Tour was pretty bad after they gutted it over the years), but most of the current stuff is repeatable (even Disney Junior (simply because I have kids)).

MK:
Barnstormer: - Was fun because we went at night and walked on, but was short and more rough for my young son than SDMT was. Waste of space, but fits the circus theme well. My son was just tall enough to go on (36" at 3 yo and probably scarred him .. he probably wouldn't want to go on it again if I wanted to).

EPCOT:
Mission Space: Orange - when I was young, I loved those centrifuge "stick to the wall" rides. But this? Was almost throw up sick and took hours to recover. I don't wanna be sick like that again on my vacation. I'll do Green with the family, but that's it.

AK:
Kali River Rapids - the same ride I've been on at most other Six Flags-esque amusement parks since the 90s when they were "new". The Disney version isn't anything special and you just get wet (just from the seat). Long wait - slow loading and no longer thrilling or exciting. Though I may go on it again soon to thrill the kids. It will be exciting again when they find it exciting for the first time.

The spinner rides (Aladdin, Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Triceratops) only worth it because little kids LOVE them .. but only if they wait is relatively short (15min or less).

Used to do everything but am now having problems, especially with spinning rides and those with intense pressures such as MS - nowadays I have to be more selective due to physical limitations rather than just not liking a ride. Price we pay for getting older I guess.

Yes, I am having similar issues with certain motions now. So I guess some rides may have moved from occasionally to never again for me too.

The only attraction that I've ever done that I sort of regretted was Fantasmic. I might give even that another go if the trip was long enough.

Dinosaur. Just no. And while I love Voices of Liberty, I can't stand the animatronic show in American Adventure. zzzzzzzz :rotfl:

Last edited:

There is no ride that I would absolutely never go on again (except Stitch but we don't need to worry about that any more).

What I find interesting is the diversity in this thread with very wide ranges of opinions. Some of my absolute faves are on the "never again" list for others. Illumination, HEA, Primeval Whirl. Are you people crazy? Just different strokes I guess.

For me, I will never do Barnstormer again, it is such a boring ride.
Also, I will never do Triceratop Spin, when we went on it the dino did not even go up or down!
I know this will get some hate but I will probably not ride TOT ever again! I hate the feeling of surging up, I like the themeing, but it is too scary for me. Maybe I will try it again, but only if it was a walk on and force myself to not look down and try to enjoy it :)
I will do Splash Mountain, but not Kali River Rapids, it is usually a long wait, it is not the most fun, and you can get drenched.
I also won't do the Finding Nemo show again, it is really really boring and dumb.
Finally, I would only do Peter Pan, Small World and The Seas if it was a walk on.

I have nothing against JC the ride itself. I won't call it amazing, but OK.
However we were burned by wait times with either wayyyy off posted times, or ride going down at RD that we just don't want to do it anymore.
Jungle Cruise actually uses Humans, which I like! Each time is different because of that.

Space Mountain. I rode it once only because my daughter begged me to go on with her. Never again. I was nauseous for hours afterward.

I have several that I usually choose not to ride (Barnstormer, Speedway, Treehouse, Mission Space Orange, Kali) but I think the only one that I would refuse to go on if a friend or family member wanted me to go with them would be Teacups - at least if that person was old enough to control the spin!! Made that mistake with DS once and could barely get off the ride!

Kali River Rapids. I will never understand the allure of walking around soaking wet for the rest of the day.
That's why you go on it at the end of the night, assuming they haven't closed it early as they seem to do sometimes

CoP is a classic. We never miss it every time we go. It's also great on a hot day.

My never again's (one per park):
MK - Stitch. I am so glad they are closing that ride. The two biggest mistakes ever made were changing ExtraTERROR with stitch and putting Iago in the Tiki room. One of those was fixed and they are finally fixing the other.
EPCOT - I won't say never again because if we are very bored, we have done it, but I get no pleasure from 3 caballeros.
AK - Triceratops spin does nothing for me. I never ever liked mousetrap rides in the first place.
HS - Path of the Jedi. What a waste of space. Not that Drew Carey was any better there, but surely they can come up with something better to put there. A 10 minute montage of previous films 3 of which I know by heart and 3 which I wish would never be shown again - you would have to blindfold me, bind me, and drag me in there by my feet. And I am a Star Wars fan.

Primeval Whirl. My poor bf was smashed the whole time (he's a giant lol) plus it looks and feels like you're gonna go right off the edge!
I reeeeeally wanna go on ToT but its on my bf's "never again" list. i've never been on it tho so he may make an exception :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter