"We Ain't From Around Here!"-The South Does Disney! A Dec PTR Update 1/11-Prizes!

When do you think we should leave for Disney?

• December 25! Don't take the risk of missing the Wishes Dessert Party because the park is full!

• December 26! Don't give up sleep and family time! You should be fine getting into the park!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi everyone! :wave2: You're probably wondering why I'm on the DIS at noon instead of working, right? Well, it's a SNOW DAY! (Actually it's an ice day, which is a lot less pretty than a snow day, but hey, a day off is a day off! ;)) Anyway, I decided to utilize my day off by preparing for for our Disney trip, which is now only TEN DAYS AWAY! :banana:

Sooo, I just completed ONLINE CHECK IN! Woo hoo! :woohoo: (I love that this little guy is actually called "woohoo") I've never done online check in before, and it was surprisingly easy, once I was able to get the website to load. My only concern is that it didn't have my request for a king size bed on there. I clicked on the thing where it says add a room request, but a king size bed was not an option. Has anyone else has this problem? I really really REALLY want a king size bed on our trip, so I'm hoping they still have that information somewhere! :confused3

In other news, John will be home tomorrow! :lovestruc I am so excited about this. Seriously, everytime I think about it I get butterflies in my tummy. I have missed him like crazy and I am ready for him to be home so we can start getting ready for Christmas and our trip together! :cloud9:

I have four more days of work to get through and then there's nothing between me and Disney except a lot of fun Christmas activities! I'm so sorry I have been falling behind on PTRs and TRs, but exams have been keeping me super busy at work. I'm going to try to catch up some today, but the internet is being a little flaky because of the ice. It's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! :santa:

Whoo hoo!!!!! 10 days!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Hi everyone! :wave2: You're probably wondering why I'm on the DIS at noon instead of working, right? Well, it's a SNOW DAY! (Actually it's an ice day, which is a lot less pretty than a snow day, but hey, a day off is a day off! ;)) Anyway, I decided to utilize my day off by preparing for for our Disney trip, which is now only TEN DAYS AWAY! :banana:

Sooo, I just completed ONLINE CHECK IN! Woo hoo! :woohoo: (I love that this little guy is actually called "woohoo") I've never done online check in before, and it was surprisingly easy, once I was able to get the website to load. My only concern is that it didn't have my request for a king size bed on there. I clicked on the thing where it says add a room request, but a king size bed was not an option. Has anyone else has this problem? I really really REALLY want a king size bed on our trip, so I'm hoping they still have that information somewhere! :confused3

In other news, John will be home tomorrow! :lovestruc I am so excited about this. Seriously, everytime I think about it I get butterflies in my tummy. I have missed him like crazy and I am ready for him to be home so we can start getting ready for Christmas and our trip together! :cloud9:

I have four more days of work to get through and then there's nothing between me and Disney except a lot of fun Christmas activities! I'm so sorry I have been falling behind on PTRs and TRs, but exams have been keeping me super busy at work. I'm going to try to catch up some today, but the internet is being a little flaky because of the ice. It's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! :santa:

Woo hoo, 10 days!!! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana:

Don't worry about your king bed request, requests don't show up on online check in, as long as it's on your reservation from Disney that they email you, you should be fine! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you got a snow day! I STILL have no snow on the ground in CT...they're saying we might get a storm Sunday into Monday, but they think it's going out to sea. :( I really want some snow for Christmas!!!

Yay for John getting home today! :woohoo: It's exciting that you're down to single digits now!

I'm not sure if I'll be on again to wish you a great trip so I'll do it now! :yay: We'll look for you when we get to Pop on Sunday!

The game was a lot of fun. It's sad that it's over, but great that your trip is almost here. :)

yay for online!!! I didn't do online for either of our resorts. It didn't matter for POP as we didn't get the requested building anyways. We did get our request for WL: Inner Courtyard with upper floor!

You can call and they are able to send you an email that shows the requests typed into it. It would much nicer knowing that they were a for sure thing and not just a request!!

Whoo hoo!!!!! 10 days!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Thank you! :hug: Your trip will be here before you know it!

Woo hoo, 10 days!!! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana:

Don't worry about your king bed request, requests don't show up on online check in, as long as it's on your reservation from Disney that they email you, you should be fine! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you got a snow day! I STILL have no snow on the ground in CT...they're saying we might get a storm Sunday into Monday, but they think it's going out to sea. :( I really want some snow for Christmas!!!

I feel much better about the king sized bed request, thanks! :) That's one of our favorite things about going on vacation- having a huge bed to sleep in!

Any snow yet? It's pretty warm here today, so it's finally starting to feel like a nice mild NC winter! :laughing:

Yay for John getting home today! :woohoo: It's exciting that you're down to single digits now!

I'm not sure if I'll be on again to wish you a great trip so I'll do it now! :yay: We'll look for you when we get to Pop on Sunday!

The game was a lot of fun. It's sad that it's over, but great that your trip is almost here. :)

Thanks for playing along on the game! I hope that you have a wonderful trip! :hug:

yay for online!!! I didn't do online for either of our resorts. It didn't matter for POP as we didn't get the requested building anyways. We did get our request for WL: Inner Courtyard with upper floor!

You can call and they are able to send you an email that shows the requests typed into it. It would much nicer knowing that they were a for sure thing and not just a request!!

I might need to call them about that! I am hoping that it won't be a problem getting a king sized bed, because I figure most of the double bed rooms will be taken by families. I hope so, anyway! :confused3

Wow, 8 days now!!! Sooo excited for you and John!!!:hug:

Thank you so much! :hug: We are super excited!

Almost forgot to PM you my information before we left. Going to do that now. Merry Christmas! :)

I've got your info! Check the mail when you get home from your trip! ;) Have a great time!!

Any snow yet? It's pretty warm here today, so it's finally starting to feel like a nice mild NC winter!

Nope. No snow. We got a pathetic little dusting overnight last week, that's it. It didn't even cover the streets or the grass, just the cars. They were saying all week that we would get a big storm on Wednesday, and now of course, it's been downgraded to light snow Wednesday night, which means by tomorrow it will be possible flurries. :sad2: I'm just going to give up on snow this year! :rotfl:

I need to go back and catch up but I saw one of your FB posts and just wanted to tell you I'll be staying on property during the same time as you. (Dec 24-Jan 1) Although it's not a complete vacation for me, I'm going to enjoy every bit of it. Do you have any meets planned?

Okay, I am officially caught up. :thumbsup2 I enjoyed watching the Waiting Game play out. Congrats to all the winners! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I loved the shirts you bought, while you're at TSM, if its a weekend day look for my dad...he's a short bald guy named ED. Just tell him you're from the DIS. I agree teaching does keep you young and I'm not even a teacher yet...:rotfl: I bet you are so excited to have your husband home again. I wonder if we'll get a chance to meet up. I can msg you my number here or on FB. I like getting texts too but most of the ones I get are from twitter. :lmao:

One week!! :santa:

We are down to four days now! I can't believe it! :banana:

Yay for getting checked in, and for John being home! :woohoo: The trip is so close!

We are really enjoying our time together! It's so nice having him home! :)

You're almost there! :yay:

Four more days! :woohoo:

Nope. No snow. We got a pathetic little dusting overnight last week, that's it. It didn't even cover the streets or the grass, just the cars. They were saying all week that we would get a big storm on Wednesday, and now of course, it's been downgraded to light snow Wednesday night, which means by tomorrow it will be possible flurries. :sad2: I'm just going to give up on snow this year! :rotfl:

Bummer! I'm sorry! I hope you get some for Christmas! We are actually supposed to get a little something Christmas Eve, which would be amazing. I've always wanted a white Christmas! :santa:

I need to go back and catch up but I saw one of your FB posts and just wanted to tell you I'll be staying on property during the same time as you. (Dec 24-Jan 1) Although it's not a complete vacation for me, I'm going to enjoy every bit of it. Do you have any meets planned?

I don't have any meets planned but I would love to try and meet up! That would be great! :thumbsup2

Okay, I am officially caught up. :thumbsup2 I enjoyed watching the Waiting Game play out. Congrats to all the winners! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I loved the shirts you bought, while you're at TSM, if its a weekend day look for my dad...he's a short bald guy named ED. Just tell him you're from the DIS. I agree teaching does keep you young and I'm not even a teacher yet...:rotfl: I bet you are so excited to have your husband home again. I wonder if we'll get a chance to meet up. I can msg you my number here or on FB. I like getting texts too but most of the ones I get are from twitter. :lmao:

Thank you for taking the time to read all that! :) We will be at DHS on Monday, so I'm not sure if your dad will be there. It is so great having my husband home. I just love waking up next to him everyday! :lovestruc You should definitely PM your number to me and maybe we can meet up! I'm a bigtime texter, too. We could text on our trips! :)

Hi everyone! Can you believe I am leaving for Disney World in three days?! :eek: I can't believe our trip is finally almost here! I am so sorry I haven't posted much lately. I have been really busy with work and getting ready for Christmas. There's just been so much to do, I have been neglecting our Disney plans! :guilty:

Thankfully, yesterday was my last day of work! :thumbsup2 However, I came home and could barely walk. We had EOCs for three days and I had to proctor all of them, so all of that standing still made my back feel like it was broken in half. See, I have scoliosis in my lower back, and standing still really aggravates it. I was so afraid it would lay me up for several days, but I woke up this morning and felt a lot better.

It is so great having John home. We have been doing all kinds of fun Christmasey things together. Today we went to visit his grandparents and took them all poinsettias. We also went and bought some Zicam, because we both have head colds. :sick: Keep your fingers crossed for us that they will be all cleared up by Saturday!

Anyway, I wanted to post a random update to show you what I have been up to in regards to trip planning. I must admit, I am way behind. I haven't even started the laundry we need done for our trip, and we leave in less than 72 hours! :scared1: I need to get busy!

Here is what I have done so far! (Please excuse the horrible picture quality. My camera hates me.):

I have been working very hard to get my trip binder in order. If you remember, this is my first binder, so I was not really sure what to put in it. Here is the cover.

PTRSTUFF001.jpg

It's simple, but I like it. I have also made page dividers to keep things in order. This is what they look like.

PTRSTUFF010.jpg

PTRSTUFF011.jpg

PTRSTUFF012.jpg

PTRSTUFF013.jpg

PTRSTUFF014.jpg

I made my mousekeeping envelopes too. This is another first for me, and I'm really happy with how they came out. I made one for each night, and each one features a favorite Disney movie of mine. They are much clearer in person, the pictures are just blurry. Here's what they look like.

PTRSTUFF009.jpg

PTRSTUFF008.jpg

PTRSTUFF007.jpg

PTRSTUFF006.jpg

PTRSTUFF005.jpg

PTRSTUFF004.jpg

PTRSTUFF003.jpg

Finally, I did what I do best: shopping! I told you awhile back about my new toiletry bag, but I never posted a picture of it. Here it is.

PTRSTUFF015.jpg

I realized the other day that a wheel had fallen off of my old luggage. I was really upset, because I love my luggage. I bought it before we went on our honeymoon so it has a lot of sentimental value, plus it's purple. However, I did not want to go through the hassle of lugging around a giant suitcase with a missing wheel. Therefore, John and I went to Wal Mart the other day and I got a new luggage set. This one is much smaller than my old one, but I think it will be perfect for this trip since we are driving. Unfortunately it's not purple, but that's okay.

PTRSTUFF016.jpg

Well, that's about it! Sorry this post is so picture heavy, but I just wanted to fill everyone in on what I've been up to. I am going to go get started on the dreaded laundry pile right now. Wish me luck! I will be back with another post hopefully tomorrow. See ya soon!

I love your trip binder!!! :lovestruc And those mouskeeping envelopes are adorable, how did you make those?

My purple luggage broke too! :mad: It broke on our last trip in November, someone did something to it at one of the airports because when we arrived in Orlando, the bars inside were all bent and broken. :( I LOVED that luggage, mostly because it was purple!!! I like the luggage I have now (brown and pink) but...it's just not purple, so I understand! :hug:

Can't believe you only have 4 DAYS left!!! Yay!!!! :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3:

I love your toiletry bag and the new suitcase! Mine are just plain black :lmao: I don't have a toiletry bag, although I borrowed my mom's for the trip.

I'll PM you my number right after I post this. :thumbsup2

I LOVE your trip binder! I want to plan a official Disney trip one day, for now we just wing it since its not an official vacation just a "special" family Christmas present.

The way you are with purple I am with pink, so I can feel your "pain" even though I never owned pink luggage or purple for that matter.

We check in tomorrow, its early morning (23rd) and i haven't went to bed yet but technically tomorrow (24th) is check-in day.

Your binder and mousekeeping envelopes look great! You did an awesome job on them! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry you were having some back troubles - I can definitely sympathize. I have a "protruding disk" in my lower back and standing for extended periods really makes it hurt, just like yours. I'm so glad you woke up feeling better, though! And here's hoping that cold goes away just as fast! :goodvibes

I love the bright luggage! Too bad it's not purple, but the one you got is still nice! Howard and I just recently bought the Mickey luggage from the website. I haven't seen it because he has it at his house, so I'm hoping it's sturdy. I told myself that we should get bright colors because it's easier to spot at the airport. However, we just couldn't pass up this deal when the price dropped to $70. Who knows ... if we end up loving Amtrak, maybe the whole airport thing won't even matter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter