"We Ain't From Around Here!"-The South Does Disney! A Dec PTR Update 1/11-Prizes!

When do you think we should leave for Disney?

• December 25! Don't take the risk of missing the Wishes Dessert Party because the park is full!

• December 26! Don't give up sleep and family time! You should be fine getting into the park!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love your trip planning binder (especially the mousekeeping envelopes!) and the new suitcase! Mine looks really similar to yours & it's the same color too. I have a giant purple poodle name tag attached to it in case I ever have to check it so I can pick it out easier, haha.

OMG! I don't know how I missed the whole part about your back and having a cold!!! I was so excited about your trip binder and envelopes that I totally forgot! I hope you're feeling better! :hug: Especially with your trip so close! Hope you're resting as much as you can, I know it's hard with Christmas a couple days away!

I love your trip binder!!! :lovestruc And those mouskeeping envelopes are adorable, how did you make those?

My purple luggage broke too! :mad: It broke on our last trip in November, someone did something to it at one of the airports because when we arrived in Orlando, the bars inside were all bent and broken. :( I LOVED that luggage, mostly because it was purple!!! I like the luggage I have now (brown and pink) but...it's just not purple, so I understand! :hug:

Can't believe you only have 4 DAYS left!!! Yay!!!! :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3:

Thank you! I used my mom's Hallmark card maker thing to make the mousekeeping envelopes. I can email them to you if you want!

Grrr, what is it with purple luggage breaking?! This new red is not my favorite. Plus it's like half the size of my old luggage. :headache:

We leave TOMORROW!! :banana:

I love your toiletry bag and the new suitcase! Mine are just plain black :lmao: I don't have a toiletry bag, although I borrowed my mom's for the trip.

Thank you! :) I would be lost without a toiletry bag. I take so much junk with me on every trip, and something always ends up leaking! :rotfl:

I'll PM you my number right after I post this. :thumbsup2

I LOVE your trip binder! I want to plan a official Disney trip one day, for now we just wing it since its not an official vacation just a "special" family Christmas present.

The way you are with purple I am with pink, so I can feel your "pain" even though I never owned pink luggage or purple for that matter.

We check in tomorrow, its early morning (23rd) and i haven't went to bed yet but technically tomorrow (24th) is check-in day.

I got your number! Thanks! I will text you ASAP so you will have mine too.

Purple is definitely my "signature color". Although, I love pink too, so I can relate to you! :)

YAY! You check in today! Have a great time! Hopefully we will meet up at some point!

Your binder and mousekeeping envelopes look great! You did an awesome job on them! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry you were having some back troubles - I can definitely sympathize. I have a "protruding disk" in my lower back and standing for extended periods really makes it hurt, just like yours. I'm so glad you woke up feeling better, though! And here's hoping that cold goes away just as fast! :goodvibes

Thank you! :)

Ouch, sorry about your back too! I know that stinks. I am such an idiot, night before last I fell down our stairs, so I ended up hurting my back even more! If I can just keep myself upright I should be good now though! :laughing: My cold seems to be on it's way out of town too, which is a good thing!

I love the bright luggage! Too bad it's not purple, but the one you got is still nice! Howard and I just recently bought the Mickey luggage from the website. I haven't seen it because he has it at his house, so I'm hoping it's sturdy. I told myself that we should get bright colors because it's easier to spot at the airport. However, we just couldn't pass up this deal when the price dropped to $70. Who knows ... if we end up loving Amtrak, maybe the whole airport thing won't even matter!

Thank you! :) Ooh, I can't wait to hear what you think of the Mickey luggage! I almost got some luggage from the Disney Store site but I backed out at the last minute and decided to get something smaller. I kind of regret it, though. It would be so nice to have Disney luggage every time I travel, even if I'm not going to Disney World! :goodvibes

I love your trip planning binder (especially the mousekeeping envelopes!) and the new suitcase! Mine looks really similar to yours & it's the same color too. I have a giant purple poodle name tag attached to it in case I ever have to check it so I can pick it out easier, haha.

Thank you! :) That's a good idea about the name tag. Whenever I fly I always end up confusing my luggage with someone else's! :laughing:

OMG! I don't know how I missed the whole part about your back and having a cold!!! I was so excited about your trip binder and envelopes that I totally forgot! I hope you're feeling better! :hug: Especially with your trip so close! Hope you're resting as much as you can, I know it's hard with Christmas a couple days away!

That's okay! :hug: I am feeling much better. I have had this annoying tickle in my throat that is making me cough a lot, but I'm not in a lot of pain so I don't mind it. As for my back, it's feeling a lot better even though I fell down the stairs too! I have been trying to rest a lot, but it's hard because I'm so excited about everything! :confused3

You must be so so excited!!!! I hope you ahve a fabulous time!!!!

I am BEYOND excited! Thank you so much! :)

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas, everyone! :santa: It's Christmas Eve, which means tomorrow is Christmas and our departure day for Disney! I can't believe it's finally here! John and I have been running around like maniacs trying to get everything taken care of. We are packing for the trip, packing up presents, and cleaning our apartment. Oh, and finishing the trip binder, which I still haven't done! :upsidedow

Tonight we will head over to my parents' house to spend the night. Tomorrow morning we will do Christmas with them and then we will head over to his parents' house to do Christmas with them. Then we will come back, hang out with my family a little more, get everything together, and hit the road! :thumbsup2 I'm not really sure what time we will leave yet. We are kind of just playing it by ear and seeing how we feel. We refuse to give up any fun Christmas stuff, so we're not going to leave until we feel like we've done everything Christmasey that we want to do.

I wanted to post some packing pictures, but I don't think that's gonna happen. My apartment currently looks like it's been hit by a tornado, and I am ashamed to show you all my messy home! :rotfl: I have successfully packed my "travel bag" that I will have with me in the car. That is pretty much the only thing I've finished. My best friend gave me a portable DVD player for Christmas and John bought me True Blood Season 2, so I am taking those to keep me busy. Also, I think I am getting a few Disney DVDs for Christmas!

I am taking a variety of clothes, from short sleeve shirts to my Columbia fleece and tennis shoes and flip flops. I really have no clue what to expect from the weather, so I want to be prepared for everything! I am not going to take any shorts, though. I am not a big shorts person unless it is like a million degrees outside, so I think I will be just fine with jeans.

This is probably going to be my last post before we leave because I have so much to do. I want to thank all of you for going on this crazy journey with me leading up to our big trip. It's been a very long seven months since I started this PTR and a lot has happened, but you guys have stuck with me every step of the way. If you look back at my first post, I said I had two goals in making this PTR. Well, I have accomplished both of them! You all are amazing, and I am so grateful that I made so many awesome new friends. See ya when I get back! :grouphug:

Have an amazing Christmas and a magical trip! You two really deserve it! Please tell John I said thank you for all he has done for our country, and thank you for being a supportive Army wife!

Have a great trip!!! :hug: :goodvibes And Merry Christmas! Text me once in a while if you remember, I know I was a terrible texter on my trip! :rotfl:

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful trip. After experiencing Disney at Christmastime, with all the crowds, I have to say it wasn't too bad. An early start helps a lot, and the crowds were less late at night as well.

Merry Christmas, Joni! I'm so excited for you! I think so many of us have been anticipating John's return and your trip almost as much as you have! Can't wait to see all your pics and hear all of your stories. I pray you get there safely and that you have a BLAST!

I'm so happy for you and John!!! I can't wait to hear about everything you did when you return! :goodvibes

Joni has been texting me & sending me pics! She said it is very cold, but they are still having a great time!!!

I heard about the cold weather! However, I guess it's more fun to be cold in WDW than cold at home!

hi Joni! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you both are having a blast at WDW now! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

I hope you are having a great time! :) On Sunday when we woke up to the colder weather, I thought of you guys getting there that day and hoped it wouldn't cause you all too much trouble. It looks like things have warmed up since then, though.

Hi everyone! :earsboy: We are home from Disney! We got in last night at about 11:30, so needless to say we fell right in bed. We had an amazing trip! It had its ups and downs but overall it was magical as always and was full of lots of surprises. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

We are sad to be home but at the same time glad. I love going on vacation, but it wears me out! I am ready to get back to normal life. I am trying right now to get my photo pass CD ordered, but it's being difficult.

I will post a link to my TR on here as soon as I start it! I might get started tonight if I can! See ya soon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter