Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

I sent mine in via PM on the 27th, but I just re-sent in case it didn't make it through.

I'm also going to post your post on the Green Teams thread in case there are some there that didn't get you their ending weight.

I'm still here anxiously waiting the results, but I think I'm all alone! I'm not going to do 7.1 because all of the cows are a bit much for me and I don't want to let teammates down by not doing them. I'm also three weeks into a new biggest loser at work and that will keep me going. I might have to read the results Wednesday on my phone since I will be in my van headed to see Mickey!!! :banana:

Thanks for all the work Brenda. It's almost over and you can rest now!

Have a great trip!
I didn't realize the COW would let teammates down. I plan to try it, but some of the COW stuff doesn't fit with my eating plans. For example, I often don't have 2 pcs of fruit in a day, but I do eat lots of veggies. So don't let the COW discourage you, I for one, will definitely not be perfect on it :)

Maybe it won't let them down, but I thought we'd get scored on them. It's enough for me worrying about tracking my food and exercising! I will have a great trip weighing 36 less pounds than the last time I was there!

I thought COWs were optional also. If not, I will have to drop out of 7.1....
Could someone please verify? Thanks!

Ladies,

I have sent a note to Eeyores Butterfly and donac asking them to set us straight on this issue. I have my own thoughts but can not speak for the leadership of BL7.1. Stay tuned this issue will be addressed.

Meanwhile

I am STILL waiting for 21 weight reports - - - Losers where are you????

Have a great trip!
I didn't realize the COW would let teammates down. I plan to try it, but some of the COW stuff doesn't fit with my eating plans. For example, I often don't have 2 pcs of fruit in a day, but I do eat lots of veggies. So don't let the COW discourage you, I for one, will definitely not be perfect on it :)

I thought COWs were optional also. If not, I will have to drop out of 7.1....
Could someone please verify? Thanks!

Ladies, COW's are optional. They are only suggestions. They don't count for your team only for yourself. DOn't get in a panic. This is supposed to be fun and help you.

Sorry! I wasn't trying to start a panic. I just felt the cows were overwhelming and was afraid it would hurt my team if I joined and didn't earn points for them. I wasn't trying to scare everyone! I am three weeks into my work BL so I figured I'd sit this one out. Sorry again and good luck everybody.

Oh hey-- just got back from our trip and I think I have missed something major here...haven't had time to catch up on posts. Someone please pm me on details I may need to know...since I was at Disneyland all last week. :confused3 But anyway--I was down another pound arriving at Disneyland, then gained one back on the trip. Honestly I don't know how that could happen walking 12 hours a day, but I did. I'll catch up tomorrow :goodvibes

Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Weightkeeper speaks

Loyal fans thank you for joining me to celebrate our final Official Announcement of BL7. It has been quite a 12 week journey. We have much to celebrate but first let's look at week 12. Pay close attention. This was a week like no other. This week we have a achieved a milestone that has never been seen in BL7 history. Can you guess what it is? I say you can not.

Week 12

beginning participants---62
removed-----------------6
returning-----------------1
current participants-----57
excused-----------------1
not reporting 1 week-----7
not reporting 2 weeks---11
weigh ins---------------38
gains---(24.7 lbs)-------15
maintains----------------9
losses----(14.7)--------14

Wish Biggest Loser 7 Week 12
week 7 cumulative net loss 583.2
less losses from those removed from challenge 33.6 pounds
loss for returning participant 16 pounds
weekly net GAIN 10 pounds
Cumulative net loss 555.6 pounds
week 12 average percentage of weight lost -
actually this is a GAIN -0.13%

Yes ladies and gentleman, I am apparently not the only one burned out here. We posted a NET GAIN this week. I appreciate all your honestly but geez what a way to end this challenge. I suppose I should look on the bright side and celebrate the 11 losing weeks we did have. Maybe in the future we need to break up our long BL challenges into two halves. Do a half way point shake up. Any thoughts??

Before the weekly superstar list come the disclaimers.

**I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference the magic percentage of weight lost formula is (weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week) times 100.

**If you miss a week and return with a loss your percentage is adjusted to reflect missing one week.

**If you gain and then post a loss your percentage is adjusted. If your loss is less than last week's gain then you are not named a superstar because you are still working to lose the gain.**This affects two losers this week. I could not name them as superstars but they did manage to LOSE this week.

Now before the part you are waiting for some more announcements in big print so you will pay attention.

If you did not send me your final weight it is still not too late. Send it right now. I am talking to you 18 losers. Some are very active here. Come on ladies finish this thing off no matter what your report says.

OK so now on to the excitement. Can you possibly guess #1? I bet you can, but could you be #2?

The WISH Biggest Loser Challenge Week 12 Superstars!!

#11-.05%-robinb-Robin
#10-.15%-My2E's-Angie
#9-.18%-donac-Dona
#8-.2-mikamah-Kathy
#7-.29%-tink1963-Venetia
#6-.3%-Maherae-Anne

the excitement builds

#5-(tie)-.35%-PRINCESS VIJA
#5-(tie)-.35%-Melisa1-Melissa

#4-.48%-shewelch-Shelley
#3-.6%-njmom23grls-Lisa
#2-1.1%-airtime247-Steve

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Challenge
Week 12 Biggest Loser!!

#1-1.74%-DisneyFam5-Michele

Congratulations AGAIN Michele!!! Keep up the great work. You are just like that Energizer Bunny. As our Biggest Loser this week you have earned this very special clippie. Add it to your signature for the week if you would like. You are welcome to flaunt it until next Tuesday. Enjoy your reign Michele! Show it off Michele, you have earned it.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thus ends the official saga of BL7 but stay tuned for more fun stuff. I am working on it and it will be fun to enjoy. We have accomplished so much with BL7 and I'm glad you made it to the end.

Weight loss is not a quick trip to a final destination. It is a journey down a path of discovery to a place, not necessarily a number. It involves replacing bad habits with healthier ones. It involves making better choices of food and ways to use our precious time. It involves making time for us and our health. This journey can be difficult at times but I am so glad to be doing this with you my fellow losers. With hard work one day at a time, one step at a time we will all reach our weight loss goals.

Keep working and moving forward losers!

Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Weightkeeper speaks

Congratulations AGAIN Michele!!! Keep up the great work. You are just like that Energizer Bunny. As our Biggest Loser this week you have earned this very special clippie. Add it to your signature for the week if you would like. You are welcome to flaunt it until next Tuesday. Enjoy your reign Michele! Show it off Michele, you have earned it.

Thanks, but the energizer bunny is headed out for a 9 night stay at WDW today and the next weigh-ins might not be so pretty! I tried to do the clippie last time and screwed it up. I don't think I have time to look at it better before I hit the road, but maybe! Are you naming the overall winners of the challenge? That's the one I've been waiting for!

Thanks again!

I'm hoping it's me, but my family keeps reassuring me that they think I'm the biggest loser no matter what! They are so sweet and supportive aren't they? No wonder I've been successful!:rotfl2:

Thanks Brenda for putting all that together!

Congrats to all the superstars, and to all of us that hung in there!

Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Weightkeeper speaks-for the last time for BL7

I have been working on this stuff forever (well it seems like it) and I want to get it all posted to share with you. Wow what a fabulous 12 weeks it has been. We have accomplished so much.

While enjoying these lists please keep in mind that they are VERY hard to compile. I do my best but I do make mistakes. If you are concerned about anything here please contact me via PM or email. I will research the situation and get back to you when I can.

So much stuff, where to start? First let's compare weekly recaps.

week-----------7-------8-------9-------10------11------12
participants----98------87------81------73------63------62
additions------------------------1--------1-------1--------
removed-------11-------6-------9-------11-------2-------6
returned--------------------------------------------------1
current--------87-------81------73------63------62------57
excused--------1--------1--------4-------2-------4-------1
1 wk no report-17-------19--------9-------7------13------7
2 wk no report--8--------9-------12-------2-------6------11
initial weights---------------------1--------1-------1--------
weigh ins------61-------52-------47-------51-----38------38
gains----------17-------13-------12--------5------8------15
maintains-------7-------7---------6-------13-------7-------9
losses---------37-------32-------29-------33------23------14
# gained-----28.7-----27.5-------16------6.9-----10.9----24.7
# lost--------58.1-----52.4-----51.2-----41.4-----38.8----14.7
net loss------29.4-----24.9-----35.2-----34.5-----27.9----(10)
late losses--------------2.5--------------5.1------(.6)--------
removed-----68.2------42.5----50.1------66.9----20.2-----33.6
cum loss----633.4----618.3----603.4-----576.1---583.1---555.6
% lost-----0.25%----0.25%----0.39%----0.35%---0.37%---(0.13%)

We ended our WISH Biggest Loser 7 challenge with 57 participants. Let's look at their weights. I call this 'before and after'.

-----------before-----after
125-49------0---------4
150-74-----14--------20
175-99-----19--------13
200-24-----10--------12
225-49------5---------1
250-74------3---------3
275-99------4---------3
300+--------2---------1
total-------57--------57

160 people joined our BL7 challenge along the way. 103 of them did not finish. That is a 64% drop out rate. We are part of the 36% that finished the challenge.

Now let's look at one of my favorite lists - Perfect attendance. Perfect attendance is also awarded to those with excused absences. To be excused you must notify me BEFORE your absence. Posting a note on the thread does not count. Having a weight each week or a yellow excused mark makes my job so much easier.

Perfect attendance for the second half
50sjayne
airtime247
AuntieM03
Cinderelly516
cohoe
dare2dream
DisneyFam5
donac
Dreamer1
Kitten
lisah0711
lisaviolet
Lucky'sMom
LuvBaloo
Maherae
Melisa1
mikamah
mousehouselover
mvlimmex
NancyK
njmom23grls
PRINCESS VIJA
Riverhill
shewelch
TammyNC
Worfiedoodles

Perfect attendance for all 12 weeks
50sjayne
airtime247
AuntieM03
Cinderelly516
dare2dream
DisneyFam5
donac
Kitten
lisah0711
lisaviolet
Lucky'sMom
LuvBaloo
Maherae
Melisa1
mikamah
mousehouselover
mvlimmex
NancyK
PRINCESS VIJA
Riverhill
shewelch
TammyNC
Worfiedoodles

Missing only 1 week in 12 weeks
MA Pigletfan
MickeyMagic
NancyK
ohMom
philbenjc
corinnak since week 3
BibbidyBibbidyBoo since wk 5

Now let's name our turtles. Our weight loss journey isn't exactly a race but it a journey. Some start out great and fizzle out. Some are working slow and steady to finish the race. I call these racers turtles. These turtles have been with us three or more weeks and have had a loss every single week they have been with us.

First our 6 week turtles for the second half
airtime247-Steve
DisneyFam5-Michele
Melisa1-Melissa

Now these turtles have lost every week for 12 weeks
airtime247-Steve
DisneyFam5-Michele

Some turtles have had just 1 off week. They are human after all. An off week is a no report, an excused absence, a gain, or a maintain.

6 week human turtles with 1 week off for the second half
shewelch-Shelley

Now let's look at the weight we have lost. Our total losses for all 160 participants since we started is 1115.9 lbs. We gained 204.7 pounds. That leaves a net loss for everyone of 911.2 pounds. That is impressive.

Now let's look at the accomplishments of our final 57 participants.
Our cumulative weight loss is 555.6 pounds with an average loss per person of 9.7 pounds.

1 gain of 1 pound (Just back from a trip, still in vacation mode but committed to BL7.1. Hang in there loser!!)
32 losses 1-9.7 pounds
6 losses 9.8-10 pounds
9 losses 11-15 pounds
6 loss 16-20 pounds
2 loss 21-25 pounds
1 loss over 35 pounds

Now let's name our above average losers

9.8-10 pounds
jimmduck-Linda
mousehouselover-Noni
mvlimmex-Vicki
njmom23grls-Lisa
ScubaD-Dave
Tiger Lily 03-Lily

11-15 pounds
BibbidyBobbidyBoo-Shelley
corinnak-Corinna
DonaldDuckFamily-Christine
Krisi616-Krisi
lisah0711-Lisa
MickeyMagic-Sue
reesecup-Sandy
shewelch-Shelley
TammyNC-Tammy

16-20 pounds
50sjayne-Susan
airtime247-Steve
Leleluvsdis-Leanne
Lucky'sMom-Julie
My2E's-Angie
philbenjc-Juanita

21-25 pounds
BuzzBiteyear-Jeff
PRINCESS VIJA-Vija

notice the huge gap here before our Biggest Loser in the # of pounds

over 36 pounds
DisneyFam5-Michele

In our 12 weeks we have named a #1 loser each week according to the % of weight lost. Did you know of that 12 4 are no longer with us? Let's recognize these superstar #1 losers that are still with us.

week 2 Maherae-Anne
week 5 BibbidyBobbidyBoo-Shelley
week 6 50sjayne-Susan
week 8 mvlimmex-Vicki
week 9 PRINCESS VIJA-Vija
week 10 momof2minnies-Linda
week 11 & 12 DisneyFam5-Michele

Who has been listed as a superstar the most?

4 times
MickeyMagic
My2E's
njmom23grls
PRINCESS VIJA
tink1963

5 times
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
corinnak
Melisa1
mvlimmex
shewelch

6 times
airtime247
Lucky'sMom
philbenjc

7 times
50sjayne

notice the huge gap here

10 times
DisneyFam5

Well losers this is it. The final list. The percentage of weight lost. Our average percentage of weight lost was 4.81%. Let's recognize our above average losers for the Wish Biggest Loser 7 Challenge.

#26-4.98%-MA pigletfan-Gina
#25-5.19%-Kitten-Carolyn
#24-5.34%-mousehouselover-Noni
#23-5.43%-Tiger Lily 03-Lily
#22-5.45%-MelanieC-Melanie
#21-5.6%-Krisi616-Krisi

#20-5.9%-njmom23grls-Lisa
#19-6%-jamesnnick-Jen
#18-6.08%-DonaldDuckFamily-Christine
#17-6.15%-MickeyMagic-Sue
#16-6.29%-Melisa1-Melisa
#15-6.32%-shewelch-Shelley
#14-6.69%-TammyNC-Tammy
#13-6.96%-Leleluvsdis-Leanne
#12-7.12%-mvlimmex-Vicki
#11-7.24%-corinnak-Corinna

#10-7.84%-PRINCESS VIJA-Vija
#9-7.92%-BuzzBiteyear-Jeff
#8-8.69%-BibbidyBobbidyBoo-Shelley
#7-8.97%-airtime247-Steve
#6-9.17%-reesecup-Sandy
#5-9.26%-My2E's-Angie
#4-9.65%-philbenjc-Juanita
#3-9.87%-Lucky's Mom-Julie
#2-10%-50sjayne-Susan

notice again the huge gap here - this is crazy

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Challenge Biggest Loser!!

#1-15.57%-DisneyFam5-Michele

Congratulations superstars!!! Congratulations to all those who finished this challenge.

It has been a pleasure serving as your weightkeeper. I did the best I could with the information provided to me. I have agonized many hours over this final list for you and I hope you enjoy it.

Now I am off for a well deserved weightkeeper vacation. I am taking part in BL7.1 and my summer is going to fun filled with lots of adventures. I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together with BL7. We had some bugs but that is expected but over all we did laugh together, we cried together, we celebrated together and we lost a whole lot of weight. Great job losers!! I will see you around WISH. Best of luck as we continue our weight loss journeys.

FANTASTIC job, Superstars and our esteemed WeightKeeper!!!:banana::cool1:

Brenda-Thank you so much for all your hard work and all the great information. Congrats to everyone that stuck it out through the good and not so good weeks, to all the super stars and to our Biggest Loser!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter