What discontinued snack/beverage would you bring back?

lol! Thanks for the tip! That's a lot of Chunky bars! Honestly, you can't find them around here so I just figured they were discontinued! Happy to know they're not!

Isn't it neat when you can find something you thought was long gone? If only I could find Vienetta...

Do cereals still have toys in the boxes? I remember duping my mother into buying some cereals based on the free toys inside. Three or four times I wouldn't eat the cereal; I just wanted the toy.

That plastic glow in the dark monster inside the Super Sugar Crisp box sounds tempting even today.

I rarely buy cereal, and when I do it's something like Rice or Corn Chex, so I don't know if cereals still have toys inside the boxes.

I remember some cereals had plastic coated cardboard 45 rpm records attached to the boxes. Awful sound quality, liable to skipping, and they'd curl up after playing them a few times.

I had a Bobby Sherman one, and also The Archies. Don't remember what songs were on them. I doubt my Bobby Sherman record was on Cinnamon Raisin Bran; probably a different variety.

list5_sugar_crisp_archies_flexi.jpg

Bobby-Sherman-Cinnamon-Raisin-Bran.jpg

I rarely buy cereal, and when I do it's something like Rice or Corn Chex, so I don't know if cereals still have toys inside the boxes.

I remember some cereals had plastic coated cardboard 45 rpm records attached to the boxes. Awful sound quality, liable to skipping, and they'd curl up after playing them a few times.

I had a Bobby Sherman one, and also The Archies. Don't remember what songs were on them. I doubt my Bobby Sherman record was on Cinnamon Raisin Bran; probably a different variety.

list5_sugar_crisp_archies_flexi.jpg

Bobby-Sherman-Cinnamon-Raisin-Bran.jpg

I remember that! Although I don't remember any specific records...as if a bowl of Super Sugar Crisp wasn't awesome enough!

Isn't it neat when you can find something you thought was long gone? If only I could find Vienetta...

I remember Vienetta! Planter's cheese balls seem to be coming up a lot too - those were good!

Yes, excited to track down a Chunky bar! Although I'm a little afraid to order the big box off of Amazon - I don't think I can be trusted with a 24 pack of bars!

I remember Vienetta! Planter's cheese balls seem to be coming up a lot too - those were good!

Yes, excited to track down a Chunky bar! Although I'm a little afraid to order the big box off of Amazon - I don't think I can be trusted with a 24 pack of bars!

Vienetta just makes me think of so many birthdays. My brother and I always had ice cream cakes for our friend birthdays and Vienetta for our family birthday...my dad did too. My mom always wanted red velvet, but we were a family of Vienetta fans. Sorry it can't be a tradition we share with my darling nephew!

Archies Songs....it says Everything's Archie, Hide and Seek, Boys and Girls and Bang Shang A Lang. I had the albums, so I didn't bother cutting out the record, but Jughead's hat intrigues me. Do you remember the Welch's Jelly in glass jars that doubled as Archie glasses? I had a few.

Vienetta just makes me think of so many birthdays. My brother and I always had ice cream cakes for our friend birthdays and Vienetta for our family birthday...my dad did too. My mom always wanted red velvet, but we were a family of Vienetta fans. Sorry it can't be a tradition we share with my darling nephew!

Seriously, that's a shame, especially when it was such a tradition in your family! Those were delicious! We only got them for "special occasions".

If there are still Planter Cheese Ball fans out there, I was thinking about the Utz brand Cheese Balls. They come in a big barrel. They have them in the supermarkets here but you can buy them online too. I'm not sure if they taste exactly like the Planter's, but they do have a lot of cheesy goodness!

As sugary and inhealthy as it is, I loved Rice Krispy Treat Cereal. It was like I was having the actualy rice kripsy treats for breakfast. But ainhaven't seen that cereal in years.

Seriously, that's a shame, especially when it was such a tradition in your family! Those were delicious! We only got them for "special occasions".

If there are still Planter Cheese Ball fans out there, I was thinking about the Utz brand Cheese Balls. They come in a big barrel. They have them in the supermarkets here but you can buy them online too. I'm not sure if they taste exactly like the Planter's, but they do have a lot of cheesy goodness!
That's what they sell at our Sam's Club. My husband likes them.

Kraft used to make a boxed pasta 'chicken dinner' I think it was called. It was the size of a mac and cheese box. The pasta was cut into small square shapes. They were next to the 'spaghetti dinner' they sold as well. So good, but they stopped making it.

PB Max
PB Twix
Hostess teenage mutant ninja turtles pudding pie
Oscasr Meyer (?) made a frozen or refrigerated snack before Lunchables that had to be heated and included a mini chili dog, mini cheese burger, or mini pizza.

Archies Songs....it says Everything's Archie, Hide and Seek, Boys and Girls and Bang Shang A Lang. I had the albums, so I didn't bother cutting out the record, but Jughead's hat intrigues me. Do you remember the Welch's Jelly in glass jars that doubled as Archie glasses? I had a few.

Now that you mention it, yes, I remember the Archies jelly jar drinking glasses. I think I also had a Flintstones one.

And many of my mother's drinking glasses originally held sour cream and were printed with a "mod" floral motif.

8a6c321e5be9d7d124d5bfbb59ea16b7--vintage-table-vintage-dishes.jpg

PB Max
PB Twix
Hostess teenage mutant ninja turtles pudding pie
Oscasr Meyer (?) made a frozen or refrigerated snack before Lunchables that had to be heated and included a mini chili dog, mini cheese burger, or mini pizza.

Oh my gosh yes! You must be right around my age. Those mini sandwiches just gave me the flashbacks. What were those called? I can almost taste them!

Now that you mention it, yes, I remember the Archies jelly jar drinking glasses. I think I also had a Flintstones one.

And many of my mother's drinking glasses originally held sour cream and were printed with a "mod" floral motif.

8a6c321e5be9d7d124d5bfbb59ea16b7--vintage-table-vintage-dishes.jpg

But do ya'll remember the Smurf glasses - which I think came from Hardee's? I don't remember acquiring them, but I loved drinking from them as a kid.

But do ya'll remember the Smurf glasses - which I think came from Hardee's? I don't remember acquiring them, but I loved drinking from them as a kid.

We didn't have the ones but the Garfield ones from McD. We also had an assortment of Muppets and Peanuts at one point in time. All from restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter