What have you learned from previous sailings?

Gift shops are closed when the ship is in port! We had no idea and tried shopping on the Nassau day. Also, if you have a verandah, bring clothespins. You can pin your bathing suits to the chairs on the verandah and they dry so much faster than on the bathroom clothesline. Take the stairs if you can; the elevators get jammed during peak hours. There are so many people who need the elevators; wheelchairs, knee scooters, strollers, etc. I saw so many people pushing others (on crutches!) out of the way to get on elevators.

• Don't be stubborn, take bonine starting the day before
  • Fish Extenders aren't for me
  • Eat before you do multiple tastings in a row
  • Don't go to the gift shops after you do multiple tastings in a row :rotfl:
  • Always book a placeholder
  • Personally, I have no need or desire to get off in Nassau
  • Bring a watch
  • I climb stairs a lot more willingly when a good spot for sail away is on the line :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: This is a GREAT list! And even if funny, it is a GOOD list! :laughing:

Take the stairs if you can; the elevators get jammed during peak hours. There are so many people who need the elevators; wheelchairs, knee scooters, strollers, etc. I saw so many people pushing others (on crutches!) out of the way to get on elevators.

Very true. AND this helps me not to feel guilty if I've indulged a bit more than normal. ;) ::yes:: :goodvibes

Don't be afraid to book non DCL excursions. Research on trip advisor and choose one that is highly rated and caters to cruise ships. The savings are significant!

So I love reading through this thread, great ideas and it reminds me again why I love Disney Cruises so much. So here is my list of things:

• Use glow sticks in the bathrooms as night lights. I buy 6 before our cruise and use one each night. I rotate the colors so that it makes it interesting. If you have small children I used to put one in their section of the cabin at night so they can see when the need to.
  • Use clothes pins with hanger hooks on them to dry your suits on the line in the bathroom. It gives you more space to put more things on the line.
  • Definitely get to know one of the servers at the bar you like to hang out at. That way when they see you coming they come right over and take care of you. Also you get to see them around the ship at other locations. We would usually see them in the theater at night for the shows and they always would come over to say hi and see if we needed anything.
  • Just did our first Mediterranean cruise with Disney and we usually do early seating but I changed to late for that cruise and it made it so much better. You get back from the excursions with time to jump in the pool, shower, see a show and get to dinner. We didn't feel rushed at all.
  • Love cruising during the World Cup because so many cast members are from the countries participating in the cup and we have great time watching the games with them at the bars or on the deck.
  • Love Castaway Cay and if you can get a Cabana it is even better but not a show stopper.
  • Bring a large plastic cup so you can get a bigger drink at the drink stations.
  • Use Bonnie before excursions that involve a boat or tendering, the waters can get rough at times.
  • Use a small white board in your room (with magnets it will stick to the back of your door) so that your family can leave each other notes on where they have gone or what they want to do. (if you don't use the chat feature on the app)
  • Love walking the deck at night
  • Make sure to see the Match Your Mate game as it is so funny and you will see those couples throughout the cruise :)

Mine too! We have randomly run into Pluto, Goofy, Ariel, Stitch, Daisy, Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Got in the elevator once and the only one in it was Jiminy Cricket. Fun story with Ariel. We were playing the Midship Detective Agency on deck 4 near the atrium when she just walked up to my daughter, who was 6 at the time, and just engaged her in conversation about her game. Stood and talked for probably 5 minutes. So cute and my daughter was in heaven as Ariel was one of her favorites. You definitely don’t get this in the parks!

I"m new here. Is there a spot where people talk about past cast members on their Cruise? Looking to see if some of our favorites are still on the Wonder.

Don't be afraid to book non DCL excursions. Research on trip advisor and choose one that is highly rated and caters to cruise ships. The savings are significant!

Yes!!! We did a non-DCL one in Cozumel two weeks ago and not only did we save a pile of $$, it was just our family and our friends so we had personalized service. It was fantastic!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter