What in the World?!?! Security Lines Down Harbor!!!

This is great to hear as there was a disadvantage to entering the park from Harbor side and it seems with the additional security lanes open, that is no longer an issue.

The lines are typically the longest just before and for an hour or more after the parks open. So arrive 30 min to an hour before park opening and you will find the security is easier to get through. The earlier the better. Also DCA commonly lets guests in 20 to 30 min before opening and DL usually 15 min before. So arriving early is really to your benefit.
Thanks for the reply. Getting excited about our upcoming trip.

Security is the ultimate Magic-killer at Disneyland. The worst is when they open at 10am. EVERYONE can make that rope drop, so it makes it madness at security. Opening at 9am makes it a bit better, but it can still be really bad (30 minute waits). Opening at 8am is the best. Honestly, DL should NEVER open at 10am with the crowds they have all year long.

C'mon Disney. Fix this!

Security is the ultimate Magic-killer at Disneyland. The worst is when they open at 10am. EVERYONE can make that rope drop, so it makes it madness at security. Opening at 9am makes it a bit better, but it can still be really bad (30 minute waits). Opening at 8am is the best. Honestly, DL should NEVER open at 10am with the crowds they have all year long.

C'mon Disney. Fix this!
They have appeared to “fix it” on the Harbor side, as much as they can, with 33 different (numbered) lanes and metal detectors (the metal detectors sometimes are for a pair of bag-checkers). This is a recent change that hasn’t gone through any crazy crowds yet, but so far it’s basically eliminated waits there as far as I’ve seen.

I’m sure there will still be times that it backs up, but it’s light years better than it was.

We’re rope-dropping tomorrow, so I’ll report back.

ETA: I haven’t see a 10am opening in ages. I think they’ve fixed that, too. (I’m in total agreement that Disney should never open at 10am.)

They have appeared to “fix it” on the Harbor side, as much as they can, with 33 different (numbered) lanes and metal detectors (the metal detectors sometimes are for a pair of bag-checkers). This is a recent change that hasn’t gone through any crazy crowds yet, but so far it’s basically eliminated waits there as far as I’ve seen.

I’m sure there will still be times that it backs up, but it’s light years better than it was.

We’re rope-dropping tomorrow, so I’ll report back.

ETA: I haven’t see a 10am opening in ages. I think they’ve fixed that, too. (I’m in total agreement that Disney should never open at 10am.)
This is such excellent news!! Not only will it make for a much less stressful entering experience for everyone on Harbor it is much safer!

This is great to hear as there was a disadvantage to entering the park from Harbor side and it seems with the additional security lanes open, that is no longer an issue.

I am also thrilled to hear this because we normally stay on Harbor, though we stayed at the DLH this past trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter