What in the World?!?! Security Lines Down Harbor!!!

Well I never agreed with all the design details and how they went about it, I think they wanted the Eastern Gateway for partially this reason, more space for security and such, and I never faulted them for that part.

Last edited:

They needed that Gateway.
Guess they should have found the money to do it right. Or, since people are still going maybe they don’t need it. Imho it’s a security disaster in the making but for today they get to have their cake and eat it to.

Guess they should have found the money to do it right. Or, since people are still going maybe they don’t need it. Imho it’s a security disaster in the making but for today they get to have their cake and eat it to.
The gateway wasn't about money. At least not for Disney. They wanted to move the security to the other side of Harbor and the local hotels and restaurants fought back because it might have affected their customer base. They expected street access to the crossing bridge, but that wouldn't have allowed the security to move to the other side. It was a big political mess really .

The gateway wasn't about money. At least not for Disney. They wanted to move the security to the other side of Harbor and the local hotels and restaurants fought back because it might have affected their customer base. They expected street access to the crossing bridge, but that wouldn't have allowed the security to move to the other side. It was a big political mess really .
Lets be honest- it was a freaking disaster. I recall the surprise when Disney pulled the plans for it to have moving walkways and the utter shock Harbor businesses went through when it was announced how all traffic would be required to come in from the back... disaster. And yes it was about money, Disney could have thrown enough money at the project to make it work. They could have paid up for more land on Harbor so businesses didn't need back exits for all Disney traffic but they didn't want to. Disney wanted the biggest bang for their investing buck, it's just business I get it- but the community said no and left Disney as the owner of the only worthless piece of real estate on Harbor that's walking distance to DLR.

Last edited:
If you showed up today anytime after 8 you were waiting a LONG time! We got here early and there was zero line.

The park is nuts today, busier than we’ve ever seen it, mind you it’s a long weekend so you had to come today expecting it. Ariel is a 30 min wait if that adds context? I overhear all kinds of people completely surprised at the lines though.

They are upgrading the security lines on Harbour, looks like it’ll absorb tones more people once done, one can only assume ahead of SWGE.

If you showed up today anytime after 8 you were waiting a LONG time! We got here early and there was zero line.

The park is nuts today, busier than we’ve ever seen it, mind you it’s a long weekend so you had to come today expecting it. Ariel is a 30 min wait if that adds context? I overhear all kinds of people completely surprised at the lines though.

They are upgrading the security lines on Harbour, looks like it’ll absorb tones more people once done, one can only assume ahead of SWGE.
My weather app makes it sound like it's "nice" out (not raining).... If that's right, just another reason for insane crowds! Long weekend + break in the rain for locals can definitely increase those crowds!

We are here today too. We got to the security lines at 8:00 and it wasn’t too bad but worse than i have ever actually been at. My husband left at 9:00 because my son had to be somewhere and he texted me a picture of people lined up to the street. We are here for five days and have been here since Thursday so we left at 1:00 to swim and rest because it was so crowded.

We did Max Pass though so we have guardians, radiator springs, incredicoaster, and goofy’s sky school all booked for tonight.

I’m glad today wasn’t our first day and that we did max pass. Those wait times look horrible right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter